Is there a logical explination for evil?

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Anonymous

Is there a logical explination for evil?

Post by Anonymous »

Why is our world filled with so much hate, Is there a logical explination for the creation of evil, is it all a test or is it just here because man made it on his own? Do we rebuke it and walk away or try to help those who are evil? What do we do? I have people who are freaky i know do i help em with there problems or simply rebuke it and walk away?/

Susan
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Can you perhaps clarify a bit more what you mean by "a logical explanation"?

Thanks.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

evil = weakness
Tash
Familiar Member

Post by Tash »

Good and evil are human creations they are comparisons to tell us what we should and shouldnt do. without evil there is no good.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

It's either a real account or a very good story, but this one story goes that a philosopher tries to prove God doesn't exist by showing all the evil in the world. After the weak Christians crumble, the strong one says that evil is just a name, just like cold and dark. Cold is a lack of heat, dark is a lack of light, and evil is a lack of God.

It's on this site but *lazy* so you can find it. 8)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Tash wrote:Good and evil are human creations they are comparisons to tell us what we should and shouldnt do. without evil there is no good.
If good and evil are human creations, then Hitler was good then? Which humans get to dictate what is good, and what is bad (or evil)?

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

i believe all humans have the capability of being good or evil, it's the choice they make.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Is there a logical explination for evil?

Post by Kurieuo »

Hi Susan,
OnFire4God wrote:Why is our world filled with so much hate, Is there a logical explination for the creation of evil, is it all a test or is it just here because man made it on his own? Do we rebuke it and walk away or try to help those who are evil? What do we do? I have people who are freaky i know do i help em with there problems or simply rebuke it and walk away?
I'm not quite sure what you're wanting to know specifically, but try reading over http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =1751#1751, then write here whether anything still requires answering.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

We are evil-original sin. One who does not believe in God has no higher calling than to be selfish and do what he wants.

Interesting to know that Hitler was only an advocate of Darwin....he loved the idea of evolution.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh ok i get it , Thanks and to clarify myself i mean are we born evil or are we created evil over time of seing so much in our world but thanks yall.

Susan
Tash
Familiar Member

Post by Tash »

Kurieuo wrote: If good and evil are human creations, then Hitler was good then? Which humans get to dictate what is good, and what is bad (or evil)?
i didnt say Hitler was good at all. scociety decides what is good and evil on the basis of valuse given to us by the beleif in god. (in the case of hitler i agree with them) god forgives everyone, he seems to make no distinction of "good" and "evil" he doesnt need this comparison. he is everything, its us that need the comparison, to help our understanding and better us in making the right choice,