Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by jenna »

Yes that's what it's for. And the "minefield", I don't think it will be taken as an insult. I certainly didn't.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Himantolophus wrote:I didn't mean the "minefield" comment as an insult to conservatives on the site but I have Baptist relatives and they are as staunchly Yound Earth and Creationist as they come. I meant that I hope people are more open to discussion then they are! I believe there is a compromise between God and Science and that's what this site is for, right?
Actually this website would say no compromise is needed between God (Christianity) and Science. If the truth in both are understood correctly then each should be harmonious together. I do believe you will fine people here open however to sincere questions and discussions.

Anyway, welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy posting here.
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Himantolophus wrote:Hey everybody,

I came across this site and it seems like a good place for intelligent discussions on God and science. I was born Catholic but have not been a regular Churchgoer for some years. Despite this, I am a believer in God and I consider myself a moral person that does his best to follow God's laws. I am in graduate school for marine biology in Chas, SC and obviously I've had alot of experience with evolution. I am a firm "old-Earther" and believer in evolution and have debated the topic many times. However, I am trying to find an explanation that includes both scientific evidence and God. I believe in a form of "created Evolution" in which God created the Big Bang and all of nature's laws (including evolution) and then let it go from there. I admit that there are a few flaws with evolutionary theory and I am open to God involving Himself in these problems (as in planting life on Earth perhaps?). But I do believe that science as a whole is on the right track with things in the past.

I don't know what backgrounds you all have and I hope I haven't stumbled into a "born-again" minefield, but according to the title of this site, I hope there are a lot of open minded people here :)

WELCome!
I am a Christian...
I am also an old-earther and I am currently a progressive creationsist although I would consider evolution as a sovereign plan from God. More later,
strawman
Newbie Member

Post by strawman »

Hi, I just registered for this forum. I'm not sure what angle I'm going to take here, but I'll be friendly and abide by the rules.

[start moderator joining post of same user]
... I've been looking for a board like this for a long time. I come across so many anti-Christian, pro-atheistic sites that I have long wanted to hear another side of the story.

I was very excited to read the thread on the book of Daniel. It countered the questions I had from reading an article on some American Atheist website.
[end moderator joining post of same user]
ChristsAgapelove
Newbie Member

Post by ChristsAgapelove »

Hello All,

This is Anitha, from California. I am basically from India and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. But it is after coming to the United States that I am having the oppurtunity to know the word of God in a greater depth. I am also a part time Bible college student, and this is the first Christian forum I am going to be on. Hopefully I can participate and learn much from all of you. I have used this site much for learning purposes and I thank whoever has contributed towards it.

God Bless you all!~Anitha.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ChristsAgapelove wrote:Hello All,

This is Anitha, from California. I am basically from India and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. But it is after coming to the United States that I am having the oppurtunity to know the word of God in a greater depth. I am also a part time Bible college student, and this is the first Christian forum I am going to be on. Hopefully I can participate and learn much from all of you. I have used this site much for learning purposes and I thank whoever has contributed towards it.

God Bless you all!~Anitha.
Hi Anitha and welcome to the board. Your name sounds more Arabic than Indian, in fact the literal translation is "lady". Has anyone told you that before?

(post edit: note to self: never assume. I hope you are female, Anitha. Otherwise I just insulted you when I don't even know you and for that, my sincerest apologies)
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
ChristsAgapelove
Newbie Member

Post by ChristsAgapelove »

I am indeed female, and I have never before heard that Anitha has a meaning of "lady".

Thanks for letting me know...!
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Byblos, thankfully, the name "John" in Greek means "God Is Gracious" :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:Byblos, thankfully, the name "John" in Greek means "God Is Gracious" :lol:
Amen to that (we certainly don't want the English meaning). You and I are perfect examples of God's graciousness aren't we? :wink:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
FFC wrote:Byblos, thankfully, the name "John" in Greek means "God Is Gracious" :lol:
Amen to that (we certainly don't want the English meaning). You and I are perfect examples of God's graciousness aren't we? :wink:
We are perfect examples of something... :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote: (we certainly don't want the English meaning).
You had to go there, didn't you? Excuse the pun. :lol: To make matters worse my last name is Bath.

Please, no mail. 8)

Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

What does John mean in English?
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

I'm thinking "He has to use the john?"
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Yeah, I think about sums it up. And FFC, now that I know the truth, I'm just not gonna be able to help myself. :twisted:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenwat3 wrote:Yeah, I think about sums it up. And FFC, now that I know the truth, I'm just not gonna be able to help myself. :twisted:
(sorry buddy, didn't mean to cause you undue strain) :shock: