Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Doulos-of-Jesus wrote:Hi everybody

I am a born again christian from Puerto Rico. 37 Years old . Want to leanr more about the "science of the Bible" and I think this is the perfect place.

My first language is spanish so forgive me my gramatical errors.

See you and the way home.
Glad you are here and welcome.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
feilong80
Acquainted Member

Post by feilong80 »

Hello!

I'm a 27 year old musician (mostly jazz and classical guitar) and soon to be videogame developer (I'm moving to Texas to get a master's in Interactive Technology at SMU's "Guildhall" program, a graduate program that specializes in that sort of thing) who is happily married with one beautiful little girl.

I'm a Christian, currently a member of the LCMS Lutheran church. I've been a reader of Godandscience.org for years and have really appreciated the many articles on science issues. I've found that the Christians that I personally know aren't terribly interested in the science debates, yet for some reason God has always made me curious! So I'm so blessed for resources like yours that fill that need for me.

Just discovered the forum today. Can't believe I've missed it all of this time! One of my frustrations when it comes to science as it is presented in the news media is that you get an incomplete picture. So expect me to pop in here with "what do you folks think of this?" type questions; I'm not scientist nor do I have any expertise outside of my little areas of expertise, so it is awesome to find a forum of Christian thinkers such as this one. I have been reading through the threads and enjoying them quite a bit.

Peace be with you all,

-Rob
Harry12345
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Harry12345 »

feilong80 wrote:Hello!

I'm a 27 year old musician (mostly jazz and classical guitar) and soon to be videogame developer (I'm moving to Texas to get a master's in Interactive Technology at SMU's "Guildhall" program, a graduate program that specializes in that sort of thing) who is happily married with one beautiful little girl.

I'm a Christian, currently a member of the LCMS Lutheran church. I've been a reader of Godandscience.org for years and have really appreciated the many articles on science issues. I've found that the Christians that I personally know aren't terribly interested in the science debates, yet for some reason God has always made me curious! So I'm so blessed for resources like yours that fill that need for me.

Just discovered the forum today. Can't believe I've missed it all of this time! One of my frustrations when it comes to science as it is presented in the news media is that you get an incomplete picture. So expect me to pop in here with "what do you folks think of this?" type questions; I'm not scientist nor do I have any expertise outside of my little areas of expertise, so it is awesome to find a forum of Christian thinkers such as this one. I have been reading through the threads and enjoying them quite a bit.

Peace be with you all,

-Rob
Welcome Rob! :D Hope you enjoy it here. How long have you been saved for? :)
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
feilong80
Acquainted Member

Post by feilong80 »

I was raised as a Christian, but I believe I stopped using my "childlike" mind (as Paul puts it) and started understanding my faith on adult terms when I was 24 years old. In other words, I have always considered myself a Christian and always acknowledged Christ as my Lord, but it was only then that I really began to understand what that meant.*

*And I will continue to work on that for the rest of my time on earth!
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

feilong80 wrote:I was raised as a Christian, but I believe I stopped using my "childlike" mind (as Paul puts it) and started understanding my faith on adult terms when I was 24 years old. In other words, I have always considered myself a Christian and always acknowledged Christ as my Lord, but it was only then that I really began to understand what that meant.*

*And I will continue to work on that for the rest of my time on earth!
I can relate.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
feilong80
Acquainted Member

Post by feilong80 »

Thanks! I grew up in a little town of about 2,000 people, one stoplight. Almost everyone went to church, which is good of course, but that can create an environment where you sort of assume that's how it is everywhere.

Then, of course, college happened, and here I am with atheist and agnostic friends and having utterly no clue how to respond to them. Fortunately I was very blessed to have some Christian friends as well that kept me in the faith at that time because they had good information. Then I got married to the best apologist I know! I look forward to helping teach my kids about Christianity the best I can so they don't experience the same culture shock that I did.
FFC

Post by FFC »

feilong80 wrote:Thanks! I grew up in a little town of about 2,000 people, one stoplight. Almost everyone went to church, which is good of course, but that can create an environment where you sort of assume that's how it is everywhere.

Then, of course, college happened, and here I am with atheist and agnostic friends and having utterly no clue how to respond to them. Fortunately I was very blessed to have some Christian friends as well that kept me in the faith at that time because they had good information. Then I got married to the best apologist I know! I look forward to helping teach my kids about Christianity the best I can so they don't experience the same culture shock that I did.
Well it certainly sounds like you are in a good place right now.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Debbie Elder
Newbie Member

God's Mercy In Christ!

Post by Debbie Elder »

Studying this site has dismantled my 7 years of carefully constructed skepticism. I knew no Christians to help me with my questions then, and have been without hope and without God in this world since. (Horror.) I hope to continue to study, to learn to talk about Jesus Christ in the language of 2007--> and to be unafraid with any topic.

I will pray daily for the people working on this en-courage-ing site and for those viewing it...join me? :D Debbie
Byblos
Old School

Re: God's Mercy In Christ!

Post by Byblos »

Debbie Elder wrote:Studying this site has dismantled my 7 years of carefully constructed skepticism. I knew no Christians to help me with my questions then, and have been without hope and without God in this world since. (Horror.) I hope to continue to study, to learn to talk about Jesus Christ in the language of 2007--> and to be unafraid with any topic.

I will pray daily for the people working on this en-courage-ing site and for those viewing it...join me? :D Debbie
Welcome Debbie. It's amazing how we can find encouragement in the most unlikely places and when we least expect them. Feel free to ask any questions and we look forward to your participation.

John.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

I second that Debbie. May the Lord enrich your Life and Bless you!
JennyKropf
Newbie Member

Post by JennyKropf »

Hello I'm Jenny, I was so excited when I found this site (which was by accident) It has really helped with my witnessing. I know way to many people who shune my beliefs and this site has helped with my "proof" discussions. Thank You
Debbie Elder
Newbie Member

God's Mercy In Christ!

Post by Debbie Elder »

Hi again and thanks for the encouragement!

I originally found this site because it is a Google homepage option...wow!

I was a committed Christian for 12 years, a homeschooling mom, too, who fell away after going to work in a Borders bookstore, studying modern and postmodern philosophy, Buddhism, and conversing with artists and academics (was re-married to one of these.) They all knew way more about the world than I did, I had just lived by simple faith. I can't describe what a horror the falling away was, but the evidence was stacked against my "simple faith." I broke my family, my mind, and my eldest daughter died in the middle of the 7 year nightmare. Imagine that with...No hope. No God.

So---the consistent, coherent truth in this website has been used by God to break down my house built on sand, and begin the reclaiming of a good-as-dead woman. To have changed direction is an unexpected miracle. (It has been only in the last 6 months.) I know about forgiveness because of the blood of Jesus, and I can not forget that sin has unstoppable consequences. I live in both now.

I write to ask that all who read this will pray daily that the Lord of the harvest would send out workers into THIS field. Millions still believing that materialism is factual, that there is no One to trust, to thank, to rely on.

I should have written in another forum, probably, but didn't think about it till now. Maybe you can recommend another. Thanks in advance. --Debbie
FFC

Post by FFC »

I think you are in exactly the right place, Debbie! Thank you for sharing your testimony. You certainly did go through a "Dark night of the soul". Praise God for His wonderful grace and forgiveness!

Take care and jump right in.
FFC

Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Hello everyone! I am Roger and I am 51 yrs. young- the last 16 of which I have been saved by the grace of GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I was originally saved when I was 12 and baptized in a small creek in W.Va. but I fell into the ways of the world, became alcoholic (interspersed with drug use) and as you know I hit a bottom that at the time seemed very deep-little did I know how deep.

This past July marked those sixteen years since I spoke to God in a prayer that I didn't know how to make. I had nothing to offer Him and I didn't know that I could do any thing for Him. He has taught me much in that short time since, VERY much.

I just found this site a couple days ago and was impressed at the onset-sooo much information that can be used for GODS work through us!

Looking forward to meeting and talking with you all,

Cross.eyed
I am the wretch the song refers to.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Welcome Cross eyed!

It is good to have you here. Praise God that you are back with the Father. We all blow it, some for minutes, some for days, and some for years, but God is always faithful and ready to forgive us and restore us to Himself. There is a verse that I can't think of right now that says something about God "restoring the years that the locusts have eaten". When the Devil whispers accusations in your ear about how much you've blown it, just remember that none of it took God by surprise. Anything you have been through God has allowed for His purpose. You are completely restored in Him.

Take care
John