Who is Melkezidek?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member
Christian: No

Who is Melkezidek?

Post by Poetic_Soul »

There was some confusion at WED. nights bible study. The topic was called "Who is Melkezidek". Was it Jesus or a special King? Anyone have any input?
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

does this help?
Ancient Faith from which the Jewish & Christian Faith's ,came! The Faith group of the Christ! Founded 12,500 yrs. ago by Enoch in the time of Noah and Shem his son who was Melkezidek the High~Priest,King of Shalom, who taught our father Abraham ...
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

found 3 books of the bible that mention a Melchizedek.

Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek the king of Salem brought forth bread and wine. And he was the priest of the most high God.

Psalms 110 A Psalm of David.
Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I place Your enemies as Your footstool. Jehovah shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion; rule in the midst of Your enemies. Your people shall be willing in the day of Your power, in holy adornment from the womb of the morning: You have the dew of Your youth. Jehovah has sworn, and will not repent, You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. The Lord at Your right hand shall strike through kings in the day of His wrath. He shall judge among the nations, He shall fill them with dead bodies; He shall shatter heads over much of the earth. He shall drink of the brook in the way; therefore He shall lift up the head.

hebrews 4 to 7 talk about Melchizedek 7 is about the high priest meting abraham.
basically he was a priest of the high god but he was also a king.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Deborah, where are you finding this info from? Give and take that the earth is only 6000 years old or at least the creation of man.

12,500 years??? Please explain.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

earth is 4.5 billion years old, given or taken.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Well if that is so, how old is mankind?
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Mankind seems to be around 50,000 years old. That is when the first signs of sentience are noted from anthropolgy.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

August, Mastermind: Are we talking in biblical terms? Because the question about MEKELZIDEC got thrown off
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Poetic_Soul wrote:Deborah, where are you finding this info from? Give and take that the earth is only 6000 years old or at least the creation of man.

12,500 years??? Please explain.
I found it on the net when I searched Melkezidek, but there are very few listings. correct spelling is Melchizedek, which can be found in the bible.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Poetic, you are right, we can take this discussion elsewhere. let this remain on topic.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Deborah;....I just can't believe everything that the internet speaks or says. I need some concrete proof. Many people claim that Mekelzidec is Christ himself. They appear to be spitting images of one another.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Poetic_Soul wrote:Deborah;....I just can't believe everything that the internet speaks or says. I need some concrete proof. Many people claim that Mekelzidec is Christ himself. They appear to be spitting images of one another.
second quote is from the bible, or you want to disbelieve that too. god says check all. Nonwherei n the bible does it say he was christ, it says he was a high priest of the high god.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

I'm not doubting your biblical find as long as it's scriptural. It was the statment that you made that claimed Noah and Shem to be related to Mekelzidec. The bible says that he was without father or mother/ beginning or end. I appeciate the help though.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Poetic_Soul wrote:I'm not doubting your biblical find as long as it's scriptural. It was the statment that you made that claimed Noah and Shem to be related to Mekelzidec. The bible says that he was without father or mother/ beginning or end. I appeciate the help though.
first quote was the only one I could find on the net, but the spelling was incorrect. :lol: but there is nothing on the net about it using the correct spelling. So I guess it was scriptural lol
Anonymous

Who is Melchizedek

Post by Anonymous »

First, Melchizedek means "king of righteousness". Why do most insist that "king of peace" (Salem) implies a physical kingdom usually Jerusalem when "righteousness" is not thought of as a place but an attribute? He is without father and mother, without beginning of days or end of life, and remains a priest forever. Put another way, he was created not generated, his creation took place outside of space and time (no beginning of days) and he lives on forever officiating as a priest. There is an order of priests named after him. The High Priest of this order is our Lord Jesus Christ who serves now in the true tabernacle in heaven where He presented His blood in the Most Holy Place for our redemption. It stands to reason then that this order of priests officiate in the heavenly sancutary. That would make Melchizedek a high ranking angel who recieved a gift to God from Abraham.