what do you do for God?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

what do you do for God?

Post by Prodigal Son »

psychological research has shown that the more you do for a person/pet/cause, the more you grow to love this person, animal, or thing/idea.

i was thinking about this recently and it brought two questions to my mind:

1) what do i do for God?
2) would i love Jesus if he hadn't died for me?

what do you guys think?
Deborah

Re: what do you do for God?

Post by Deborah »

colors wrote:psychological research has shown that the more you do for a person/pet/cause, the more you grow to love this person, animal, or thing/idea.

i was thinking about this recently and it brought two questions to my mind:

1) what do i do for God?
2) would i love Jesus if he hadn't died for me?

what do you guys think?
I think we truly love God when we read and research his word in an effort to understand God, have you not noticed how your faith grows?
We further show our love by following the steps he carved out for us, we just need to make the effort to study his word and check it as he instructed to discover those steps. Having faith in god is loving god, and loving god is doing our best to follow the steps he carved out for us, I believe his word is meant to prepare us for eternity, we have to learn to love each other, this is the most important lesson god has to teach us, he even provides the plan for us to learn how.

Jesus died for us because god planed him to die for our sins, if God had not planed Jesus to die for us, I doubt Jesus would have lived. God came to us as a man, he walked amongst humanity, this was his love for us, that he made part of himself human and died painfully for our sakes.
If jesus had not died for us, there would be no jesus for us to love.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

:) cool answer!