Is Satanism the world's most dangerous religion?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

those who deserve it

Post by zoegirl »

Your argument has one huge glaring flaw. YOu claim you demand justice...(on those who "deserve it"

begging the question...who deserves it

1) Unfortunately, justice without an absolute yields to horrible injustices. Let's take a simple case...I'm on the highway and unwittingly you cut me off. Now, even with this silly example, I can claim an injustice. I was there first.... According to you, I get to run you off the road. Boy will I be respected then!! You sure will ruminate on my power and self!!

2) According to your rules, there will be no rules...he/she who has power will alwys be able to "carry out justice" (of course, you assume you know what is just and right....heaven forbid your neighbor thinks it is just and right to murder you, rape your women and children...you're dead and can't carry out justice)

be careful demanding justice...you might just get it... Obviously you reject the notion of a Holy God and righteous creator so that arguement won't go anywhere. However, according to your rules....all is fair in love and war. Your philosophy demands that you never meet somebody more terrible than yourself. Hmmm.....

What a stupid way to live.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

clarifiction

Post by zoegirl »

Just to clarify.
Using your words (making yourself a terror)
IRQ Conflict
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

TORMENTOR wrote:You so called "good" people are same as us. Your religion is filled with death and lies... How many wars, city's destroyed, people killed in the name of your God... You'll say: "IN THE NAME OF GOD".
Yes , how many?

True believers in Christ do not start wars in the name of God. Get your facts straight.

If you want to blame a religion that uses their god to start wars and oppress people, look no further than islam.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

IRQ Conflict wrote:
TORMENTOR wrote:You so called "good" people are same as us. Your religion is filled with death and lies... How many wars, city's destroyed, people killed in the name of your God... You'll say: "IN THE NAME OF GOD".
Yes , how many?

True believers in Christ do not start wars in the name of God. Get your facts straight.

If you want to blame a religion that uses their god to start wars and oppress people, look no further than islam.
Funny how the famous quote, "Hijack a noble and peaceful religion does not apply to Christianity?”

Tormenter — do you really know who God is?
-
-
-
YLTYLT
Established Member

Post by YLTYLT »

TORMENTOR wrote:You so called "good" people are same as us. Your religion is filled with death and lies... How many wars, city's destroyed, people killed in the name of your God... You'll say: "IN THE NAME OF GOD". We say: "Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold!" Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit - shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained. Yes, we killed, butt not even close as right-hand path, SATANISM represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
Who says we are "good"?
The Bible says no man is Good only God is Good. All religions are filled with death and lies because they are all by sinful men (or women) whether we are Christians or not. Christians are not sinless, we are only forgiven. And because we are forgiven we have the Holy Spirit in us to direct us to forgive as well. But we may not do that unless we are in the Word daily - whcih many Christians are not doing.

The way you talking about living does not create friends but enemies. If there is no forgiveness or humility, when a person sins, which they always will eventually, then you retrun that sin with a more severe sin and they return back with an even larger sin and it perpetuates itself till either physical death occurs or someone forgives the sin.

It is the way of the world - not the ways of God.

But also understand just becuse a person professes to be a Christian does not necessariliy mean that they are, no matter how "moral" they may seem to be.

What I am saying is you should not judge Christianity based on the the ways of any one man or even any group of men. Judge it based on the the Bible.
Last edited by YLTYLT on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewCreature
Familiar Member

Well it's because of how you were brought up . .

Post by NewCreature »

Sadasius

I think the very first words you spoke in this thread are flawed. One thing that is fundamental to Christianity is that it has nothing to do with how you are brought up.

We are not Christians because of how we are brought up, and in fact Christian teaching would say that we are all brought up lost, and we are born in the flesh and therefore fleshly creatures.

Christianity be definition is the turning of your back upon your past and upbringing and embracing a new life so completley different from the one we are brought up in, that I can hardly see how your initial premise could more display your lack of an intimate understanding of what Chrsitianity actually is.

Wars and death are part of this world, and Christianity exists within this world. Also Chrsitians Living in this life still are bound to the flesh and beset by it.
psr6782
Acquainted Member
Sex: Male

Re: Is Satanism the world's most dangerous religion?

Post by psr6782 »

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Those are the 9 Satanic Statements as outlined by Anton LaVey.
I recently did a lot of research on the Church of Satanism and the various Satanic beliefs.
Anton LaVey decided to start the Church of Satanism because, as a youth, he worked at a carnival and would see so-called Christians sinning on Saturday night then praying on Sunday morning. For this reason, I consider Satanism a rebellion to Christianity.

Now, in defense of all of us "horrible" christians.

Christianity promotes good things. Kindness to your neighbor, forgiveness, and following basic rules to live by. Many bad things have been done in the name of Christianity and many bad people have called themselves Christians. However, just because someone calls themself a Christian does not make them so, they must live the life of a Christian. Also, by saying Christianity is bad based on bad actions of Christians is like saying that since Hitler was a German all German's are bad.
Satanism, however, promotes indulgince and vengence. It is simply a guide to live a bitter lifestyle.

So, I do not consider Satanism "the world's most dangerous religion" as I feel it is not a religion. I do, however, feel those that practice it are possibly dangerous, although many are simply misguided.