Becoming a Saint

Discussions on ecclesiology such as the nature, constitution and functions of the church.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
FFC wrote:
Byblos wrote:Ah but you see, your 'flawed' fellow christians that are in heaven are not so flawed after all as nothing impure can enter heaven (Rev. 21:25

That is my point. If we can ask those perfect christians in heaven to pray for us, why ask anybody down here besides the fact that we are told to do so?

Because we're a community of believers and a single body in Christ, flawed or otherwise. As to why we aren't told to ask our perfect believers in heaven to pray for us in scripture (although I think we are but I promised not to use those), it could be because heaven was empty before Christ and the gospel writers were the first saints to enter heaven after Christ (ergo they didn't have the opportunity to explore the idea in detail as there was no frame of reference so to speak). This is where not just the deuterocanonical books but also oral tradition come into the picture (and partly why the RCC does not hold to Sola Scriptura as some things we believe were revealed after the gospels were written).
It is definitely something interesting to think about. Do you think Mary will listen to a protestant's prayer? :wink: :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:Do you think Mary will listen to a protestant's prayer? :wink: :lol:

I don't know, you might need a special permission from the Vatican for that (extenuating circumstances). I'll get back to you on that. :lol:

Or you could just conv..., ok bad idea. :twisted: :lol:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:Or you could just conv..., ok bad idea.
...yeah...hey, bad for who!? :x :? :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:
Byblos wrote:Or you could just conv..., ok bad idea.
...yeah...hey, bad for who!? :x :? :lol:
I'll take the fifth on that one.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.