Job?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
hetfield
Familiar Member

Job?

Post by hetfield »

So if Job was submissive God would this verse hold water?

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I don't understand the full reason behind Job, and sometimes I become pissed at God, I don't know why, I know I shouldn't, but it seems like my emotions come first in some cases in the Bible. So what's up with this?
"The greatest feeling is looking at something, and wondering how it works-"Albert Einstien.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Job?

Post by FFC »

hetfield wrote:So if Job was submissive God would this verse hold water?

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I don't understand the full reason behind Job, and sometimes I become pissed at God, I don't know why, I know I shouldn't, but it seems like my emotions come first in some cases in the Bible. So what's up with this?
I would say sometimes the struggle with Satan is longer and more intense than at other times depending on the lesson that God wants us to learn. Job and Jesus would both attest to that.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?