Perfect God??

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: a perfect god

Post by August »

akiracapsule wrote:the simple fact of god "thinking" or creating humans is an infalibility.

if god was really perfect, he would not need to do ANYTHING

let alone make little clones of himself.
How do you know that?

What is "an infalibility"?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

akiracapsule wrote:the simple fact of god "thinking" or creating humans is an infalibility.

How so... Do you need anything? Why are you posting here then?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Why?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

On what basis do you make that assertion?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

A 'clone of God'? You don't seem to be omniscient in any case. :lol:
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
Seeker of Knowledge
Newbie Member

Post by Seeker of Knowledge »

I don't need to buy chistmas presents, but i'll still do it. God did not need to create us, but he chose too and i'm very grateful that he did. Also, if someone did nothing at all, I would consider that a character flaw and not perfection. I don't see why God would be more perfect if he did nothing rather than something.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Seeker of Knowledge wrote:

I don't need to buy chistmas presents, but i'll still do it. God did not need to create us, but he chose too and i'm very grateful that he did. Also, if someone did nothing at all, I would consider that a character flaw and not perfection. I don't see why God would be more perfect if he did nothing rather than something.
Good point, but if He never created anybody at least there wouldn't be people around to whine about it. :wink:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Turgonian

Post by Turgonian »

Seeker of Knowledge wrote:I don't need to buy chistmas presents, but i'll still do it. God did not need to create us, but he chose too and i'm very grateful that he did. Also, if someone did nothing at all, I would consider that a character flaw and not perfection. I don't see why God would be more perfect if he did nothing rather than something.
Good argument, though I don't think that God does 'nothing' in eternity. Because God's Son is 'eternally begotten' (as all orthodox Christians believe), the Father must be 'eternally begetting', right? The persons of the Trinity are, I believe, always dynamic, always expressing the holiest kind of love towards each other.
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)