WARNING: You might be dumber for reading this...

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Anonymous

WARNING: You might be dumber for reading this...

Post by Anonymous »

I have a question. Why can't Satan repent?

I understand the dude is too prideful and stuff but what would happen if he said, "forget it" and repented? :lol:

I know he will not and does not but....I was just thinking.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

question is not why can't he it is would he.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Satan and the demons committed an eternal sin, their fate's are sealed. When Jesus goes to caste out demons, one of them says something along the lines of "...it is not yet your time to torture us."

The Demons clearly know of what is to come for them, I doubt Satan does because of his huge pride, but Angels only get one chance unlike us.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

vvart wrote:Satan and the demons committed an eternal sin, their fate's are sealed. When Jesus goes to caste out demons, one of them says something along the lines of "...it is not yet your time to torture us."

The Demons clearly know of what is to come for them, I doubt Satan does because of his huge pride, but Angels only get one chance unlike us.
Just wondering what others thought. I know he does not repent so it really does not matter. Although, I did read somewhere some people believe everyone and everything will eventually repent. Supposedly the Lake of Fire will cleanse them and they will be allowed into God's presence just as we will.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

Just wondering what others thought. I know he does not repent so it really does not matter. Although, I did read somewhere some people believe everyone and everything will eventually repent. Supposedly the Lake of Fire will cleanse them and they will be allowed into God's presence just as we will.
Rev 20:10 And the Devil who deceived them was cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are . And he will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them,.... Both before death, in the present life, by tempting and drawing them into immorality and profaneness, or idolatry, superstition, and will worship, or persecution of the saints; and after their resurrection, by instigating them to make this foolish attempt upon the saints of the most High:

was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone; the same with the everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels; this will be his full torment, in which he is not as yet; and this will not be until the judgment is finished hereafter described; though it is here mentioned to issue the account of Satan at once, and to show what will be his final state and condition:

where the beast and false prophet are; Rev_19:20 who for so many years have been companions in wickedness together; the beast being the first beast that received his power, seat, and authority from the dragon, or devil; the false prophet being the second beast, or antichrist in his ecclesiastical capacity, as the beast is antichrist in his civil power, whose coming is after the working of Satan, with signs and lying wonders:

and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever; that is, not only the devil, but the beast and false prophet, for the word is in the plural number: and this will be the case of all wicked men, of all whose minds are enmity to God and Christ, and to his people; and is a proof of the eternity of hell torments.