The Great 3 1/2 yrs Tribulation

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

bizzt wrote:
puritan lad wrote:Felgar, I'm stunned…

Scripturally speaking,

Point #1. Those in Romans 1 were not saved, but “The wrath of God is being revealed…”

Point #2. The OT Jews were saved by Christ. Those who reject Christ (the Pharisees) go to Hell (Matthew 23:33).

Point #3, Abraham was saved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No one can be saved without Christ. It is Christ or Hell, no other options.
I agree with that. I Believe at one point as with Abraham one has to be saved by the Gospel of Christ.
Yikes! I agree with both of you. Evidently I communicated very poorly in my original post.

All I'm saying is that the fact that Abraham was certainly saved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, points to the fact that one can be saved by the Gospel of Christ without ever being directly exposed to it.

Edit: PL's point #2 was what I was saying, looking at John 8.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Gotcha Felgar. I agree (Just like Paul). This is the part of the post that had us concerned....
victoria brady wrote:
Is everyone that does not believe in Jesus going to hell.

The answer is no. Someone who hasn't heard of Jesus can still be saved, because God reveals Himself to them in other ways. It is their heart - their faith - by which they are judged.
I light of the original question, you seemed to say that someone can go to heaven without believing in Jesus Christ. I didn't think you really believed that. :)
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

puritan lad wrote:Gotcha Felgar. I agree (Just like Paul). This is the part of the post that had us concerned....
victoria brady wrote:
Is everyone that does not believe in Jesus going to hell.

The answer is no. Someone who hasn't heard of Jesus can still be saved, because God reveals Himself to them in other ways. It is their heart - their faith - by which they are judged.
I light of the original question, you seemed to say that someone can go to heaven without believing in Jesus Christ. I didn't think you really believed that. :)
Right, I see... I should have started my post with this excerpt of her post, which sheds light on the main consideration I was speaking to:
victoria brady wrote:Could it be that God will reach us nomatter were we are the far reaches of the world were there are no books or churches maybe God comes to us differently. I have always wondered about that .
I would say I believe that God does indeed reach us no matter where we are. But further, I continue to qualify that statement with the understanding that anyone who rejects Jesus will be condemned, so it is not true that all religions are acceptable to God (which was another of Victoria's questions).
fondstatue
Newbie Member

tribulation expained

Post by fondstatue »

daniel 9;27 70 weeks last week ends in 34 ad 2.300 days continues ends 1844 when jesus begins judgment on heaven covering all lifes america will enforce sunday worship and not by or seell unless you worship on sunday all who accepts will have gods wrath if you keek sabbath they will kill you but u will get gods seal . this begins timer of trouble choose saturday gods seal or sunday mark of the beast then after all have chosen probation ends and 7 last plagues fall then jesus come s
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: tribulation expained

Post by Canuckster1127 »

fondstatue wrote:daniel 9;27 70 weeks last week ends in 34 ad 2.300 days continues ends 1844 when jesus begins judgment on heaven covering all lifes america will enforce sunday worship and not by or seell unless you worship on sunday all who accepts will have gods wrath if you keek sabbath they will kill you but u will get gods seal . this begins timer of trouble choose saturday gods seal or sunday mark of the beast then after all have chosen probation ends and 7 last plagues fall then jesus come s
Huh?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
fondstatue wrote:daniel 9;27 70 weeks last week ends in 34 ad 2.300 days continues ends 1844 when jesus begins judgment on heaven covering all lifes america will enforce sunday worship and not by or seell unless you worship on sunday all who accepts will have gods wrath if you keek sabbath they will kill you but u will get gods seal . this begins timer of trouble choose saturday gods seal or sunday mark of the beast then after all have chosen probation ends and 7 last plagues fall then jesus come s
Huh?
C,mon Bart, you read the bible don't you? :wink:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

FFC wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:
Huh?
C,mon Bart, you read the bible don't you? :wink:
I thought I did .... I must have missed that part?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender