Did God Sin by Getting Mary Pregnant?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Kerux wrote:
My name is Bart. I am a moderator on this board. I pastored and worked with 3 different denominations over the past 20 year in the roles of Assistant Pastor, Senior Pastor, Elder, Board Chairman, Financial Administrator, Church Administrator and a denominational District Business Manager. I currently am on hiatus working as a Government Contractor consulting for the Dept of Homeland Security while I complete a Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership.
So? Does God care about all this?
Case in point, Kerux.

Do you think God is impressed with your behavior in this regard?

I think we've got a pretty clear picture of where you are coming from, based on your responses and non-responses thus far.

Read the Discussion Guidelines above. If you can abide by them then you are welcome. If not, I suggest you find another place to post.

I'll do you the favor of limiting my interaction with you in the role of a moderator of this board.

If others wish to interact with you, they are welcome.

Blessings,

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Kerux
Established Member

Post by Kerux »

"Do you think God is impressed with your behavior in this regard?"

What behavior? I asked a simple question. One you didn't answer.

My impression so far is that some of you think you're above reproach. And I've stepped on some sacred toes by disagreeing with you.

Maybe God sent me here to be your Shimei.
If you can abide by them then you are welcome. If not, I suggest you find another place to post.
I have read the guidelines and don't see where I've violated them. However, at least one other poster has, in resorting to a personal attack when I disagreed with his point of view. Nothing was said to him as far as I know.

I didn't come here for any other reason than to be involved in intellectually stimulating and spiritually encouraging discussions with other like-minded and not so like-minded Christians. To learn from them and perhaps contribute. I have alot to learn and I find I learn more when challenged in my views and have to 'defend' them.

I will try my best to be overly sensitive to others when I disagree.

Thanks for all the great information here. I have found much that is of interest, and some of which I don't necessarliy agree with, the Old Earth view, for instance. But I look forward to further discussions.

Of course, I believe my views to be true.
If I didn't, I would change my views.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Hi Kerux,

I don't know if you were refereing to me, but if you were, my apologies again... I'm still kind of new here too.

Just for the record, Canuckster1127 (or Bart) has come down on me a number of times already before... I guess that is why he has lightning in the cross in his picture... In fact there are times when we don't see eye to eye on things either. I also know that there are other monitors on this forum (I won't mention their names..) that would like to see me gone... Actually, I guess, I really don't blame them since I know I can be a jerk sometimes... :wink:

Anyways, just don't take things here too personal... We are all just trying to get through the day here and figure a few things out.. :)

Take care, all the best..

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kerux
Established Member

Post by Kerux »

No, Gman, I've put that behind me, and it's not a problem. I just bring it up to show inconsistencies. I'm not going to take anything said on a cyber forum personally.

My confidence in my relationship and fellowship with God, because of my life's experiences, is strong enough to listen to others and their criticisms of me, and when need be, be convicted of sin in my life, especially a prideful attitude.

I just sense an atmosphere of Phariseeism that well.....needs a exhaust fan installed. It's like a neighbor coming over to your house after a long time of not having anyone over and they can smell an odor that you've grown used to.

Kinda like hositosis.

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Kerux wrote:No, Gman, I've put that behind me, and it's not a problem. I just bring it up to show inconsistencies. I'm not going to take anything said on a cyber forum personally.

My confidence in my relationship and fellowship with God, because of my life's experiences, is strong enough to listen to others and their criticisms of me, and when need be, be convicted of sin in my life, especially a prideful attitude.

I just sense an atmosphere of Phariseeism that well.....needs a exhaust fan installed. It's like a neighbor coming over to your house after a long time of not having anyone over and they can smell an odor that you've grown used to.

Kinda like hositosis.
Well Kerux, there's also odors that arrive with new guests but as you state there is no point in taking offense on a cyberspace board.

You've been asked many questions you have yet to answer.

Let's keep with the original post of yours and you subsequent claim that God did not sin in taking Mary for his purposes and your claim that this is a result of God wanting Jesus to have a human father.

What is your textual support for this? Or is it simply your opinion?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

I just want to point out here that I believe Kerux never made it his Opinion that God Sinned however it was brought up to him from an Atheist. Kerux is trying to gather our thoughts and how we would deal with this Kind of Argument?

I hope I summarized that correctly. He is more or less taking the Devil's Advocate on behalf of the Atheist to bring a Solid Answer back to him

Please forgive me if I am wrong :)
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

bizzt wrote:I just want to point out here that I believe Kerux never made it his Opinion that God Sinned however it was brought up to him from an Atheist. Kerux is trying to gather our thoughts and how we would deal with this Kind of Argument?

I hope I summarized that correctly. He is more or less taking the Devil's Advocate on behalf of the Atheist to bring a Solid Answer back to him

Please forgive me if I am wrong :)
I understand that. If I read correctly he already gave his opinion to said atheist and was simply "testing" everyone else here to see if we had the same insight.

I think it's a reasonable insight and makes sense in several contexts.

It is a presumed insight however and not directly stated in any text with which I'm familar. Usually that factor should allow for some care in pushing it too strongly.
Kerux
Established Member

Post by Kerux »

bizzt wrote:I just want to point out here that I believe Kerux never made it his Opinion that God Sinned ........Please forgive me if I am wrong
You're not. No forgiveness necessary.

And no, I'm not 'testing' anyone:

"What I have stated plainly is that some non-Christians have asked me this question and I have answered their question but want to know how others would answer the same question."