My Grandmother

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

My Grandmother

Post by Felgar »

I haven't been on much lately, as I've been so busy - in large part due to my Grandmother's illness. She has Dementia (going crazy over time) and has recently stopped eating and mostly stopped drinking. As it is, barring a miracle she has only a few weeks to live at the most.

It's funny because there is a part of me that *knows* she could be healed by God through faith but then another part that doubts enough to undermine that faith on an intellectual level... One day I shall have to explore that conflict. But regardless, knowing and trusting the power of prayer I come with a request from all of you.

The thing about her is that I'm not positive she was ever saved. She was raised in a Catholic environmemt and has attended a Lutheran church for a period of her life long ago. But yet she has always said that "religion didn't work for her." And this is despite having been exposed to Jesus in a most positive way for much of her life - through my other grandparents (my Mother's parents) and my Mom, brother, and myself as well.

Anyways, over the next few days I intend to convey her the Good News one last time. Please pray for first and foremost for an open heart and esspecially a mind of perfect clarity at that time, and the relief of any evil spiritual influence. Also physical (and mental) restoration is not beyond God's power nor possibly his plan and purpose so please include that also. And finally, if nothing else please pray that my brother and I will have peace concerning her faith, and thus the hope of seeing her again in Heaven.

Thanks everyone, and God bless.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

:(

You have my prayers Felgar.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Re: My Grandmother

Post by Byblos »

I don't know if this is any solace to you but the Catholic church certainly considers her saved.

My prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: My Grandmother

Post by bizzt »

Felgar wrote:I haven't been on much lately, as I've been so busy - in large part due to my Grandmother's illness. She has Dementia (going crazy over time) and has recently stopped eating and mostly stopped drinking. As it is, barring a miracle she has only a few weeks to live at the most.

It's funny because there is a part of me that *knows* she could be healed by God through faith but then another part that doubts enough to undermine that faith on an intellectual level... One day I shall have to explore that conflict. But regardless, knowing and trusting the power of prayer I come with a request from all of you.

The thing about her is that I'm not positive she was ever saved. She was raised in a Catholic environmemt and has attended a Lutheran church for a period of her life long ago. But yet she has always said that "religion didn't work for her." And this is despite having been exposed to Jesus in a most positive way for much of her life - through my other grandparents (my Mother's parents) and my Mom, brother, and myself as well.

Anyways, over the next few days I intend to convey her the Good News one last time. Please pray for first and foremost for an open heart and esspecially a mind of perfect clarity at that time, and the relief of any evil spiritual influence. Also physical (and mental) restoration is not beyond God's power nor possibly his plan and purpose so please include that also. And finally, if nothing else please pray that my brother and I will have peace concerning her faith, and thus the hope of seeing her again in Heaven.

Thanks everyone, and God bless.
Felgar if you ever need someone close to pray with please let me know. That being said you are in my Prayers
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

You are in my prayers, Felgar. One thing I know is that God's mercy endures forever, and I know that He can reach your grandmother no matter what her mental state is.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Thanks guys. It's a great comfort knowing that other Christians are praying.