The TKGE

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I hope you understand that this is nonsense.

The passages you quote are relevent to humanity, not Satan and demons.

Rev20:10 gives inerrent, inspired evidence as to the fate of Satan and the possibility of his repenting.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Note: This is not something I am going to argue about, nor is this the topic of this thread. I merely provided a few thoughts to consider because the topic was brought up.

I hope you understand.
I understand. No need for arguing, R7-12, I was just curious about where you were coming from. Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts out.

Back to the tree. I'm thinking it wasn't put there to set Adam up to sin as much as it was to give him the oppurtunity to do good by obeying God and continuing to walk in unblemished fellowship with Him.

Another question occurrs to me...what would have happened if Adam and eve ate from the tree of life? Would they have remained sinless forever?
R7-12
Established Member

Post by R7-12 »

Hi FFC,

You asked,
what would have happened if Adam and eve ate from the tree of life? Would they have remained sinless forever?
That is an interesting question which many people have asked.

Consider,
Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17“but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die” (Gen. 2:15-17, NKJV).

Those of the OSAS camp would do well to meditate on this fact and all of its implications and ramifications.

R7-12