dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Post by Prodigal Son »

i've ben reading alot about dinosaurs and the bible.
i think man and dinosaurs coexisted.

anyone else agree?

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/behemoth.html

http://www.parentcompany.com/great_dino ... tgdm20.htm

http://www.apologeticspress.org/rr/rr2003/r&r0302a.htm
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

I've been reading YEC arguments recently. Two points:

1) God is capable of forming the earth in a mature state. For example, Adam, when formed might have looked like a 30 year old, however, his age might have been only 1 day (I think Felgar has mentioned something similar somewhere else on this forum).

2) A lot of geological and fossil evidence for OEC can be possibly explained by a global flood.

Following on from this, I went to a seminar recently where a creation scientist presented evidence that dinos existed with humans. I'm almost convinced!
Maranatha!
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/appearance.html

Just thought you guys might be interested in Rich's article concerning the appearance of age argument. He might be a little harsh in his language, but I think his points stand pretty well.

That said, I've not studied the arguments than man and the dinosaurs existed at the same time, but I'll admit that I'm biased against it . . .
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I don't think they did.
I read this somewhere

The Bible does not present God as a deliberately deceptive God who deliberately produces evidence that would mislead sincere seeking inch- viduals. Why would God place a dried out dinosaur in a deposit thousands of feet underground if the animal in fact never lived? The answer is that He would not. As Einstein said, "God is subtle, but He's not malicious."

A more logical and consistent approach to the creation is to realize that God has made (asah) much of what is on the earth as well as creating it! Genesis 2:3 closes the history of Earth of the first chapter by saying:

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.
Both processes were involved in all of the things that God produced. Not only was the matter created in Genesis 1:1, but that matter was shaped and molded into a finished "heaven and earth." In order for that to happen, some making, and forming, and shaping had to take place. This molding and shaping is a continuous process - still in operation in various ways today. It is very possible that a living ecosystem operated in Genesis 1:1 to produce Earth. Bacteria may have swarmed in the oceans and giant plants may have lived in great swamps. Dinosaurs may have roamed freely accomplishing their purpose in being. The purpose of all of this would have been to prepare Earth for man. This living ecosystem would have produced the coal, oil, gas, and the like, as well as providing the basis of man's ultimate food supply!
if it interests you are all the rest of what the scientist has to say and many other topics on science supporting the existance of God can be found here.
http://www.doesgodexist.org
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

what about that dinosaur that is supposedly described in the book of job?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

btw, I do believe in the Day-Age interpretation, but I do find that a bit peculiar, as the creature described in the Bible does seem to be oddly dinosaur-like.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

yeah, i still think we lived at the same time.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Mastermind wrote:what about that dinosaur that is supposedly described in the book of job?
Noone really knows what is being referred to in Job. Some posit hippos and crocodiles, others (YECs) swing towards some kind of dinosaur. Many who take a side are being presumptuous, and are certain in their own opinions based on what suits them more. The passages in Job of a "behemoth" and "leviathan" are obscure at best. So perhaps we will just have to ask God when this life is over what He meant. ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Crocodiles would seem to fit, however they are hardly big enough to deserve the name "behemoth". Is it really that absurd to believe some dinosaurs survived? Like in Doyle's "The Lost World"?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Behemoth could be anything, it might be a comodo dragon for all we know, although I don't know if they existed in that part of the world, but its possible. There are a ton of animals in existence right now that could explain that passage, so I'm skeptical of dinosaurs existing along with man.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I believe many mythological creatures existed, so even if I believe in an old earth(I like the idea of a 6 billion years old earth as a LOT could have, and probably did happen that we know nothing about), I wouldn't automatically line up with the skeptics in a debate like this. Hell, even the bible mentions unicorns and cockatrices, so it's not like I'm by myself.

Although i've seen some people use those against the bible, calling it a "fairy tale", I fail to understand why it is so difficult to believe that a deadly snake or horses who evolved horns on their heads(because i've never seen an animal with horns on their heads in my entire life </sarcasm>) might have existed sometime in the past.
Anonymous

Re: dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Post by Anonymous »

colors wrote:i've ben reading alot about dinosaurs and the bible.
i think man and dinosaurs coexisted.

anyone else agree?

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/behemoth.html

http://www.parentcompany.com/great_dino ... tgdm20.htm

http://www.apologeticspress.org/rr/rr2003/r&r0302a.htm
Have you ever heard of any historical reports of herds of dinos attacking towns, villages, cities, etc.? Seems to me if the two coexisted we would. We read about tsunamis, earthquakes, plagues, famines, droughts, hurricans, etc., but never once I have heard about dinos. My opinion, not even refering to scientific evidence or the Bible, is humans and dinos never lived together.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

if only a few dinosaurs managed to survive, i wouldn't expect to hear about them.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mastermind wrote:if only a few dinosaurs managed to survive, i wouldn't expect to hear about them.
Managed to survive what?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

their supposed extinction. Maybe something like the lost world.