Mother

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Mother

Post by bizzt »

Well I am needing a prayer request.

For the first time since meeting my wife I had the guts to tell my Mother off then have my Dad call and tell him off.

Basically my Mother likes to interrupt when another person is talking. She has hurt my Wife for quite a few years doing this (there are other things but won't get into it here) and then not thinking twice about what she did. I informed my Mother that she did this and I would like it to stop. She did not take it to well and then called Dad and informed him. He was kind enough to call me at work and informed me and asked "What the Heck I was doing". I basically told him that my Wife felt miserable everytime that Mom did this etc...

I guess what I am asking is prayer for peace and understanding in our family.

Thanks
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Mother

Post by Canuckster1127 »

bizzt wrote:Well I am needing a prayer request.

For the first time since meeting my wife I had the guts to tell my Mother off then have my Dad call and tell him off.

Basically my Mother likes to interrupt when another person is talking. She has hurt my Wife for quite a few years doing this (there are other things but won't get into it here) and then not thinking twice about what she did. I informed my Mother that she did this and I would like it to stop. She did not take it to well and then called Dad and informed him. He was kind enough to call me at work and informed me and asked "What the Heck I was doing". I basically told him that my Wife felt miserable everytime that Mom did this etc...

Thanks
You got it. Been there and done this in my own family. There's no perfect or comfortable way to do it. However, this is part of the leaving and cleaving and you are right to elevate your love and respect for your wife to where you say things that show her that you love and respect her enoug to not allow others, even our own parents to not teat her with respect.

Wish I knew that years before I did. it's still not easy and you have my prayers.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: Mother

Post by bizzt »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
bizzt wrote:Well I am needing a prayer request.

Thanks
You got it. Been there and done this in my own family. There's no perfect or comfortable way to do it. However, this is part of the leaving and cleaving and you are right to elevate your love and respect for your wife to where you say things that show her that you love and respect her enoug to not allow others, even our own parents to not teat her with respect.

Wish I knew that years before I did. it's still not easy and you have my prayers.
Thank you and yes it is VERY hard. Oh well what do you do!
beckyandretti
Established Member

Post by beckyandretti »

Good luck Bizzt I'll keep you in my thoughts
You can touch them with your eyes - Pablo Picasso