Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

8) An 'it's all bout me' thread!

I was going to introduce myself formally earlier, sorry I got caught up in some of the best stuff on the net here! And just joined and blathered all my nonsense and self approved whimsical musings that not everyone but me enjoy's so much :)

Anyhoo, my name is Kirk I'm from the oil capital of the world (Tim will know where I'm from) I am 37 married for 9 years a father of 2 girls and 1 boy.

Haven't been to church in about 8 years, although I plan to get motivated to do so shortly :(

Too much info?
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Explorer the eighth
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Hello from Explorer the eighth

Post by Explorer the eighth »

Hello to everyone at Godandscience from England. I am definitely a Christian. :)
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

AH the British are coming!

"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Jolly good! What? :lol:

Welcome aboard Explorer the eighth!
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Missing13
Newbie Member

Post by Missing13 »

Yoz. New here. Just thought I'd stop by and intro myself.

Missing13 at your service! :D

And no. Missing does not refer to the fact that I am lost. I AM a God fearing Christian.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Welcome to the club M13!
Hellfire

irish
Newbie Member

Post by irish »

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself.
I am a non-denominational Christian male in my late 40's originally from Ireland and living in Canada
My interests are in biblical prophesies and Christian out reach to those caught up in cults.
I am very involved in serving the communities greatest needs currently in the capacity of club president of local service organization that is nation wide in Canada. Volunteerism is my way of giving back to society.
My day job is rather boring but it pays the bills and allows me lots of time for volunteer work and allows me to read the forums and hope to contribute here.
I look forward to getting to know you all.

Irish
Blacknad
Recognized Member

Hey!

Post by Blacknad »

Hi All,

I've not long discovered godandscience and appreciate it deeply. I debate a lot on http://www.scienceagogo.com and get my backside kicked a fair bit - so it was good to find this site and get some answers to the difficult points that are made.

I look forward to a change of pace and a less combative style over here and some support with understanding some of the issues.

Regards,

Blacknad.
Tugger
Newbie Member

Post by Tugger »

Hello from Philadelphia, PA.
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Welcome, Fresh Meats.
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
beckyandretti
Established Member

Post by beckyandretti »

where have you been forge? And stop scaring the new people! Welcome to the boards everyone
You can touch them with your eyes - Pablo Picasso
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

Post by Grace isn't enough... »

Hey everyone, I guess ishould have done this already...
If you wanna call me by my real name, call me adam! ...or w/e you're in the mood for. I am an open theist, leanihng more towards Christianity. I am NOT a calvinist, nor it's extreme opposite. I am a believer of both free will and predestination, as i think many of you are. I like surprises, candle-lit dinners, and long walks on the beach :wink: I enjoy looking forward to being excited about talking to you all.
I found that by being an annoying person you're less annoyed by people.
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Forge has a brief message.

I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

*hobbles away*
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Anonymous wrote:Hello everyone. This seems like a cool forum and I look forward to interacting with the thoughtful people here.

I'm 31, but believe it or not, I've only just now starting reading the Holy Bible. I always knew I'd have to eventually, but I seemed to keep putting it off. Some recent research I did led me to the Good Book and I've become quite rapt by it.

Ever since I was young, I've been interested in eschatology. Perhaps I knew intuitively that I had been born into them or perhaps it was a result of growing up during the Cold War or a little of both. Regardless, it has always been my prime fascination and I am finally starting to seriously look to the Bible for some answers.

Thanks for welcoming me!
You're welcome and welcome!