Good psychics

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Good psychics

Post by Brigham »

Hey, i just wanted some help. You guys know that Sylvia Brown "psychic" on Montel all the time? Well my mom watches her. I think its fake, but even if its real, i know the source is not good. My mom looks at me like I'm crazy when i say they arent good, and that even if they seem to do "good" things, they are deceitful. Can someone plz give me really obvious verses to show that people like this were predicted and are not of God. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless!

-Brigham
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Also read 1 Samuel 28:1-25

1Ch 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;
1Ch 10:14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Last edited by IRQ Conflict on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Re: Good psychics

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Brigham wrote:Hey, i just wanted some help. You guys know that Sylvia Brown "psychic" on Montel all the time? Well my mom watches her. I think its fake, but even if its real, i know the source is not good. My mom looks at me like I'm crazy when i say they arent good, and that even if they seem to do "good" things, they are deceitful. Can someone plz give me really obvious verses to show that people like this were predicted and are not of God. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless!

-Brigham
I see that you will experience some conflict in your life in the near future.
There will also be a reconsiliation.
You will need to use your great problem solving skills to get through this crucial period in your life.

When there are two becoming three, the letter M will be there to help you.
Do not be afraid to ask questions, your loyalty to those you cherish will be the trait which will come into play.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Brigham wrote:Hey, i just wanted some help. You guys know that Sylvia Brown "psychic" on Montel all the time? Well my mom watches her. I think its fake, but even if its real, i know the source is not good. My mom looks at me like I'm crazy when i say they arent good, and that even if they seem to do "good" things, they are deceitful. Can someone plz give me really obvious verses to show that people like this were predicted and are not of God. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless!

-Brigham
You will need to use your great problem solving skills to get through this crucial period in your life.

Do not be afraid to ask questions, your loyalty to those you cherish will be the trait which will come into play.
Wow Very Good...

See how it was generalized!!!??
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Indeed! Good example.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

bizzt wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:

-Brigham

Wow Very Good...

See how it was generalized!!!??
lol
I actually did an experiment where I "read" people for free, while on vacation in Boston.

I got pretty good at it.
=)

My wife is not so outgoing so she was a little nervous. She left me to go get ice cream, in Harvard Square, when I started begging for money with some skaters though. I made almost 6 bucks in 15 minutes. Not too shabby.

Anywhoo back to the subject,

Some people just want to beleive, and others are naturally skeptical.
Nothing wrong with it as long as your not on either extreme, I think.

=D
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

IRQ Conflict wrote:Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Also read 1 Samuel 28:1-25

1Ch 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;
1Ch 10:14 And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Thx!
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

Bgood should work at a fortune cookie factory :D

anyway, read Acts 16: 16-18

16 One day as we were going down to the place of prayer, we met a demon-possessed slave girl. She was a fortune-teller who earned a lot of money for her masters.

17 She followed along behind us shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, and they have come to tell you how to be saved."

18 This went on day after day until Paul got so exasperated that he turned and spoke to the demon within her. "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her," he said. And instantly it left her.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

cool all of these are really helpful. Thx :D