Myspace

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Myspace

Post by Brigham »

Hey any1 here have a myspace?
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Myspace

Post by Believer »

Brigham wrote:Hey any1 here have a myspace?
Yes, I have one (yet to delete it), I find it bad. I keep getting unwanted things popping up on my MY SPACE page :?. I do find it okay for certain things, like for me it would be visiting Christian artist MY SPACE pages, but anything else can have nasty things on it, kateliz knows what I am talking about 8).
Religious Fanatic
Familiar Member

RE:

Post by Religious Fanatic »

MySpace is disgusting. I can't stand actually going there because the people are so rude and offensive. WHY is it so popular? Beats me.
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

yes i agree, but its really the only way to stay in contact with all my friends since i moved. jes wanted to know becuz im actually debating an athiest on there who is very narrow minded. just in case any1 else wanted 2 try lol.

God-is-proven
is my name on there.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

I dislike myspace and blogging/blogs, but in some cases (like yours) it sometimes helps keep in contact with others, so I guess it has that benefit.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Veronica
Recognized Member

Post by Veronica »

I have a space. Don't get very many people on there though...I also have a discussion board (which can be found in my profile) but I don't think many of you would be interested since it's mostly just a few teenagers goofing off ;) :P Though many of them are very knowledgeable about the Catholic faith, so if any of you wanted to you could come invade our apologetics forum ;) It (the apologetics forum) is not very active since the majority of us on the board have the same views about Christianity, etc. :)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Veronica wrote:I have a space. Don't get very many people on there though...I also have a discussion board (which can be found in my profile) but I don't think many of you would be interested since it's mostly just a few teenagers goofing off ;) :P Though many of them are very knowledgeable about the Catholic faith, so if any of you wanted to you could come invade our apologetics forum ;) It (the apologetics forum) is not very active since the majority of us on the board have the same views about Christianity, etc. :)
LOL Maybe Fortigurn can go stir up some Action :wink:
Veronica
Recognized Member

Post by Veronica »

lol, well as much fun as I'm sure all my friends and I would have, the only problem would be the lack of time we have to address any comments :P But it would certainly be inersting...we had a non-catholic on our old board (before it crashed)...but like I said, our apologetics forum is pretty inactive. :P But just a warning to all, I don't think many could tolerate this board as it mostly consists of spamming teenagers :roll: :P
Iggy
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

there's nothing wrong with myspace!!! geez, not everything is evil! myspace is an easy way to keep in touch with old friends (since all mine are in the military and we move around alot) and a great way to meet new friends. like anything else, it could be used for bad things, but look past that and realize that it's more a good thing. it's so stupid that "christians" think everything is evil. south park, myspace, harry potter (i was guilty of that one), certain numbers (666) or letters, music groups (Creed), or anything else.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Dont say i hate those things, because i dont, just because im chrsitian doesnt mean im like you think other christians are.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Iggy wrote:there's nothing wrong with myspace!!! geez, not everything is evil! myspace is an easy way to keep in touch with old friends (since all mine are in the military and we move around alot) and a great way to meet new friends. like anything else, it could be used for bad things, but look past that and realize that it's more a good thing. it's so stupid that "christians" think everything is evil. south park, myspace, harry potter (i was guilty of that one), certain numbers (666) or letters, music groups (Creed), or anything else.
However just because they are not "Evil" per se does that mean that we should not be aware of them? Our life is lead by and for Christ! We must always ask What would Jesus Do? Would he watch South Park? Would he support Myspace? Would he watch Harry Potter (I have but then again I did not mind it)? Certain Numbers I could not care about... Would he listen to Creed? It is something that Every Christian should be mindful of. What are you putting into your Mind? It is just like watching Sexual Videos, Violence, etc... Does hanging around with Foul mouthed People affect you? What you do is a testament to who you are!

Let me leave you with what the Bible says

Psa 26:2 Examine me, O Jehovah, and prove me; Try my heart and my mind.

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.

Col 3:2 Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth.

Phi 4:2 I exhort Euodia, and I exhort Syntyche, to be of the same mind in the Lord.
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

Post by Grace isn't enough... »

Turn on the TV, computer, or look in a magazine. Evil manifests itself in many different ways. oh sure, it's not really THAT bad, right? Maybe. But maybe because it's not so blatanly bad or "evil" that makes it really evil since so often we end up compromising. Yeah keeping in touch with people is cool but what takes presedence? South park can make me cry laughing so hard. but to continue watching it is transgression. it's extrmely course and if you read in james i believe(I'm bad with...things) it talk about course joking. The clad girls on myspace isn't exacly glorifying God and while u may only be checking out some cool hyped up ego-maniac "christian" bands *cough*jeremy camp*cough*, to support such a wideley known thing where so much of what is taled about is either shallow, superficial or *shivers* trendy...is a crime in itself. I used to like bloggin and stuff and making my own web pages but myspace is laaaame.

other than that, the internet could be dangerous long b4 myspace ever came around so all the myspace danger preditor hype on the news is a little crazy i thinks
I found that by being an annoying person you're less annoyed by people.
Calvin
Newbie Member

Post by Calvin »

I have a MySpace, you can find it by clicking here. <---click there <---- follow those instructions.

Parental supervision may be needed if you view the comments.

(it appears that a mod here has given me a signature now, although I cannot edit it anywhere)

(spooky)

*scary music plays*
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Calvin wrote:I have a MySpace, you can find it by clicking here. <---click there <---- follow those instructions.

Parental supervision may be needed if you view the comments.

(it appears that a mod here has given me a signature now, although I cannot edit it anywhere)

(spooky)

*scary music plays*
=D
Did you ask for that sig or did they just give you one.

It's cute
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Calvin
Newbie Member

Post by Calvin »

He combined my 'location' and 'interest' boxes into a sig for me, but I still do not have the signature box anywhere.

I trust that godandscience's technical support team is working hard to resolve this issue.