Dealing with spoiled people

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
OutCaster
Newbie Member

Dealing with spoiled people

Post by OutCaster »

Hi guys,

This is my first time using this forum.

I have this friend that is extremely spoiled. He is a college student that is also working. His parents still buy him expensive things. Recently he bought the new Lexus IS250. He has two large plasma screens. He also just bought another laptop.

I started playing tennis and played a little with him. He didn't think his racket was good so he went out and bought another racket for $100.00. When all I recommended was to get the racket restrung.

These things are driving me nuts! What should I do?

Thanks
:(
Monday
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by Monday »

I have a friend like that. She's an only child and her parents just give her ridiculous amounts of money. There's not a lot you can do with these sorts of people. However, I've found that by ignoring my friend's wealth, she'll stop flaunting it for a time. After all, why show off if no one is paying attention?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Dealing with spoiled people

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

OutCaster wrote:Hi guys,

This is my first time using this forum.

I have this friend that is extremely spoiled. He is a college student that is also working. His parents still buy him expensive things. Recently he bought the new Lexus IS250. He has two large plasma screens. He also just bought another laptop.

I started playing tennis and played a little with him. He didn't think his racket was good so he went out and bought another racket for $100.00. When all I recommended was to get the racket restrung.

These things are driving me nuts! What should I do?

Thanks
:(
Start commenting on how crappy your racket is...and work yourself up from there...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous