90 Minutes in Heaven

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

90 Minutes in Heaven

Post by Silvertusk »

I have just finished this very moving and powerful book. It is a true story about a man who was pronounced dead in a car crash on the scene and then spent 90 minutes in heaven. Do to the result of prayer it seems - he was sent back. The man was Don Piper - anyone else heard of him. This book I would reccomend to anyone who is worried aboutlife after death and the idea of God's Plan for everyone. Awe inspiring stuff - brought me to tears anuimber of times.

Silvertusk
ray
Recognized Member

90 minutes in heaver

Post by ray »

Iggy
Recognized Member

Post by Iggy »

hmm. i think he's just a good writter. ive seen other books where individuals claim to go to heaven and spend time with jesus or a saint. it just doesnt seem real. why would God bring someone to heaven, have a pow-wow with him, and send em back to earth like it was 3 day weekend.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Iggy wrote:hmm. i think he's just a good writter. ive seen other books where individuals claim to go to heaven and spend time with jesus or a saint. it just doesnt seem real. why would God bring someone to heaven, have a pow-wow with him,and send em back to earth like it was 3 day weekend.
Maybe so they can be a witness to what they have glimpsed and so give people hope and comfort and strengthen their faith. Reading that book really enforced for me the concept that God has a plan for everyone and he is sovereign.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Yep. ^^ and people who say some are chemical reactions, not ll of them could be, because why would people just happen to see heaven etc, wouldnt their brain think about something else. chemical reactions are an excuse.
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

I would like to believe that people do visit heaven and sometimes hell no occasion. I think if it happened in the Bible there are no reasons it can't happen today. Although when people are resurected, and claim to have seen Jesus or whatever most will not beleive it, as was the case with the rich man talking to father Abraham.

If someone claims to have gone to heaven and comes back with a 'message' that message of course should be scrutinized by the Word. Other than that, if we cannot disprove the event, we would have to take it on faith.

I have heard a piece of a story from the 60's were an atheist doctor had a patient (already dead i think) laying on a gurny wake up screamming "I'm in hell!" Anyone heard this? I just saw a couple of quotes on the web and haven't found anything else on it.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

IRQ Conflict wrote:I would like to believe that people do visit heaven and sometimes hell no occasion. I think if it happened in the Bible there are no reasons it can't happen today. Although when people are resurected, and claim to have seen Jesus or whatever most will not beleive it, as was the case with the rich man talking to father Abraham.

If someone claims to have gone to heaven and comes back with a 'message' that message of course should be scrutinized by the Word. Other than that, if we cannot disprove the event, we would have to take it on faith.

I have heard a piece of a story from the 60's were an atheist doctor had a patient (already dead i think) laying on a gurny wake up screamming "I'm in hell!" Anyone heard this? I just saw a couple of quotes on the web and haven't found anything else on it.
Ive heard that before.. i dont know what storys too believe or not though, i can tell which ones arent real sometimes
Iggy
Recognized Member

Post by Iggy »

so, are you saying that even if the book is a total lie, it's good because it gives hope? lying to justify the means...?

any1 ever read the book "close encounters of the God kind" by jesse duplantes?

if people are claiming to visit heaven, should the stories be alot alike???
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Iggy wrote:so, are you saying that even if the book is a total lie, it's good because it gives hope? lying to justify the means...?
Me? No.
any1 ever read the book "close encounters of the God kind" by jesse duplantes?
No, any good?
if people are claiming to visit heaven, should the stories be alot alike???
Is your life the same as mine? Apart from the spiritual aspects or what heaven 'looks like' I would think each indavidules experiences would be different.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain