Angelina Jolie

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Mystical
Valued Member

Angelina Jolie

Post by Mystical »

I don't think Angelina Jolie is Christian. However, the change in her character in recent years has been extraordinary. An "atheist" asked me recently if I believe she will go to heaven. I said "yes." What do you guys think?
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: Angelina Jolie

Post by bizzt »

Mystical wrote:I don't think Angelina Jolie is Christian. However, the change in her character in recent years has been extraordinary. An "atheist" asked me recently if I believe she will go to heaven. I said "yes." What do you guys think?
Unless Born Again with the Blood of Jesus Christ nobody shall reach Heaven
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

I read shes an atheists
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Here is a statement from Angelina Jolie
Hmm... For some people. I hope so, for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There doesn't need to be a God for me. There's something in people that's spiritual, that's godlike. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if it's better to just not believe in anything, either.
I guess you Decide. Is Salvation Granted on her Works or on her Faith?
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Romans 2:6 God "will give to each person according to what he has done." To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Romans 2:12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

She's obeying the law without even knowing it.
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
Wall-dog
Established Member

Post by Wall-dog »

It's none of my business where she goes, unless it's to my house. Unfortunately, I'm married :(
Iggy
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

well, since the bible says not to judge others "judge not lest YE be judged" and since i didnt die on the cross to forgive sins... I nor any of us should be making that choice. Thats jesus' job to do
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart;

1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Iggy
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

it still give YOU no rite to judge ANYONE. "let him who is without sin cast the first stone!" but since most christians do it anyways... im waisting time on this...
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

"There doesn't need to be a God for me."

I don't judge, God does. You see that text in red? That is a direct quote from God Himself, not me.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Sean 2
Familiar Member

Post by Sean 2 »

Iggy wrote:it still give YOU no rite to judge ANYONE. "let him who is without sin cast the first stone!" but since most christians do it anyways... im waisting time on this...
While we sholdn't judge those outside the Church, we do judge those inside:

1Co 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife.
1Co 5:2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
1Co 5:3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing.
1Co 5:4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
1Co 5:5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
1Co 5:6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
1Co 5:7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?
1Co 5:13 God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

Joh 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment."

Luk 12:57 "And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?

When Jesus says beware of those wolves who are in sheeps clothing, how whould we know if we didn't make a judgement. Even Jesus tells us how to know, "You will know them by their fruit".

The passage out not judging goes on to say:
Mat 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

You can't judge if you are in active sin. You can't condemn an alcoholic if you are one yourself.

In the very next line Jesus says:
Mat 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

How do you know who a "dog" is if you don't make a judgement of them?

Joh 8:7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

This can be translated:
"Let him who is without this sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

Meaning, if you want to stone an adulterer, you'd better not be one yourself.

Another interseting fact is the law commanded that the man and woman were to be stoned, yet they only brought the woman! Why were they protecting the man, and how did they catch them in "the very act"?
I think they set the woman up, with the man's help. Then only wanted to stone the woman! Either way they were hipocrates.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Most excellent post Sean.

Thanks!
Hellfire