Prayer request

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Deborah
Christian: No

Prayer request

Post by Deborah »

Schapelle Corby is a 28-year-old woman from Queensland. On Friday 27 May 2005 she was sentenced to 20 years in a Bali Prison because there was 4.1 kg of marijuana in her unlocked bag. Procedure was NOT followed and Schapelle lost any chance of having a fair trial because any evidence that proved her innocence or even supported it was either
Thrown out, contaminated, erased or simply not handed over.
In fact the contaminated evidence was the drugs bag, which was handed freely around the court unprotected and handled by the Court officers, the prosecutor and in fact one of the three judges! This happened under the very eyes of the other two judges. The head judge dragged getting the finger printing done out for months then it was too contaminated to be any use.
BTW the evidence that proved her innocence and would be accepted by the prosecutor was her baggage weight on check in. But they failed to weigh her bags! They were removed before Schapelles lawyers even got there.
The reason I am asking you to include her in your prayers in because this very strong young woman is appealing and she is risking her life doing so. She risks getting life in Prison or worse the death penalty.
I will be praying for her asking God to give her the strength to get through this and to see justice is done.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

sure thing.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Prayers up.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Indeed, as Christians it is our mandate to pray without ceasing. We can all pray that that justice is done and regardless of the outcome that she walks with Jesus through her entire ordeal. Thanks for posting Deborah.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

The case of Schapelle has caused me a great deal of grief, I often felt I was losing my mind. I also lost confidence in the human race.
As a idealist I saw a path that needed to be followed. I have not always been an Idealist. Durring my coverage of the case I came to feel there was no hope for humanity to ever reach the goal set by own LORD god, being to love him and humanity with all that we are. I even felt at times that humanity wasn't worth saving and what was the lord thinking.

Then I read the following
To: YOU

Date: TODAY

Subject: YOURSELF

Reference: LIFE

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day.

I love you.

GOD

P.S.
And, remember....

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself !! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

P.S.S.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

Now, you have a nice day,

God
So this is what I did, in prayer I placed her in the hands of god.
I deleted all by research on her, I don't watch the news, I walk away, I turn the radio off and I ignore the news articles on her.

I did this not because I am heartless, but because I have a heart and it was breaking. Since I did this I feel stronger and more secure in god.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Deborah, I have been praying for Schapelle too... ever since her situation first became known.
I do not objectively know if she is guilty or not, but my hunch says that she is not.
Regardless of that, anyone incarcerated in an Indonesian jail is in a diabolical environment (I have seen such jails in Kuala Lumpur) and to be facing a further 40 years of it could be more than enough to precipitate insanity in even the strongest of us.
She is in a terrible situation and I am praying that her newly found Christian faith is strong enough to sustain her no matter what the outcome of future Appeals.
I think that "letter from God" is quite delightful, and since there seems little else we can do, that is indeed the best way to go. It is the best way to go anyway!
After all, the outcome is surely in God's hands no matter what. We do not always know what way God will use us tomorrow, Schapelle included, to serve His purpose. You are right... we just have to trust Him regardless.
I'm glad you threw away your research and are now happier about giving it all over to Him.
Ellie
Newbie Member

SweetJeans...needs your prayers

Post by Ellie »

There is a woman who is in need of our prayers. Her internet name is SweetJeans and she is so lost. Please if you would, say a prayer that she may find Jesus. She is so bitter and it hurts to see her live a lost life. Thank you and God Bless
Deborah

Re: SweetJeans...needs your prayers

Post by Deborah »

Ellie wrote:There is a woman who is in need of our prayers. Her internet name is SweetJeans and she is so lost. Please if you would, say a prayer that she may find Jesus. She is so bitter and it hurts to see her live a lost life. Thank you and God Bless
done
madharasi
Newbie Member

my sincere prayers

Post by madharasi »

Deborah, i am heartbroken and join you in prayers for the poor innocent one. she so much resembles the unjust crucifixion of our lord jesus, and i am sure that the very jesus who was crucified unjustly will definitely heed our prayers.

yours in christ
madharasi