The DaVinci Code

Review and recommend books and other resources such as videos, tapes or websites that you would like other Christians to be aware of. (posts considered spam will be removed)
Mystical
Valued Member

The DaVinci Code

Post by Mystical »

Started reading The DaVinci Code. Skimmed through later chapters (I always do that). Really mad. Don't know if I should read it--give it any value by wasting my time on it. Anyone here read it? I know the movie's coming out soon.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: The DaVinci Code

Post by Believer »

Mystical wrote:Started reading The DaVinci Code. Skimmed through later chapters (I always do that). Really mad. Don't know if I should read it--give it any value by wasting my time on it. Anyone here read it? I know the movie's coming out soon.
I haven't read the novel, but it isn't fact. Many rebuttals have been made on it, but the secular world keeps pumping more pro-The DaVinci Code stuff out. Tom Hanks (actor in the movie) and Ron Howard (director) are Christians from what they said on t.v., why they are contributing to this movie, I don't know, probably for the money, but they have added a twist to the end of the movie :D.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

http://www.tektonics.org/davincicrude.htm

as you can see, the "historian" in The Da Vinci Code isn't as smart he thinks he is.

And I think the movie is movie gonna be stupid. The "secret" information has already been "revealed" through the book, and the plot in TDVC isnt all that exciting, so I cant imagine how the movie is gonna do good. It would have been much better if they turned Dan Brown's Angels And Demons into a movie, which has a much more thrilling/exciting plot and storyline than TDVC, it would have been pretty entertaining. But TDVC?? It doesnt seem like movie material to me. The controversy is over, Brown :roll:
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
smrpgx
Acquainted Member

Post by smrpgx »

The sad part is that the author even admitted he made it up.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

SUGAAAAA wrote:http://www.tektonics.org/davincicrude.htm

as you can see, the "historian" in The Da Vinci Code isn't as smart he thinks he is.

And I think the movie is movie gonna be stupid. The "secret" information has already been "revealed" through the book, and the plot in TDVC isnt all that exciting, so I cant imagine how the movie is gonna do good. It would have been much better if they turned Dan Brown's Angels And Demons into a movie, which has a much more thrilling/exciting plot and storyline than TDVC, it would have been pretty entertaining. But TDVC?? It doesnt seem like movie material to me. The controversy is over, Brown :roll:
I agree - but hollywood hype does not :cry:

Angels And Demons would make a far better movie, did the Pope's helper do a good thing or bad?

Hmmmm,,,
-
-
numeral2_5
Established Member

Re: The DaVinci Code

Post by numeral2_5 »

Believer wrote:
Mystical wrote:Started reading The DaVinci Code. Skimmed through later chapters (I always do that). Really mad. Don't know if I should read it--give it any value by wasting my time on it. Anyone here read it? I know the movie's coming out soon.
I haven't read the novel, but it isn't fact. Many rebuttals have been made on it, but the secular world keeps pumping more pro-The DaVinci Code stuff out. Tom Hanks (actor in the movie) and Ron Howard (director) are Christians from what they said on t.v., why they are contributing to this movie, I don't know, probably for the money, but they have added a twist to the end of the movie :D.
I think they realize it is fiction and the story is interesting but it is poorly written so they wanted to tell the story in another way, through a movie.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
kknudsen
Newbie Member

Tom Hanks a believer??

Post by kknudsen »

I hadn't heard anything about Ron Howard or Tom Hanks professing real, believing Christianity.

I'd be interested in what they said?

Karl