Dinos and Birds Closer then Ever?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

To me, it looks like some shifting during rapid fossilization. Have you ever seen anomalies in things which turned out to not be true? Everything is to be tested. But in the case of evolutionists, they are quick to jump to conclusions and publish it.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Thinker wrote:To me, it looks like some shifting during rapid fossilization. Have you ever seen anomalies in things which turned out to not be true? Everything is to be tested. But in the case of evolutionists, they are quick to jump to conclusions and publish it.
This is not the only case where this occurred, and in other organisms found in the same deposits you see the same kind of fine details, except in those cases they would be scales, eggshells, gills and other fine details.

So I doubt this is the case.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:So, the covering is feathers until a better explanation is found? What if we just show that it's not feathers without an alterative? So what, doesn't hinder our argument
We can talk about what if's all day. Please demonstrate how they are not feathers of some sort. Perhaps the dinosaur died in a pile of feathers?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:So, the covering is feathers until a better explanation is found? What if we just show that it's not feathers without an alterative? So what, doesn't hinder our argument
We can talk about what if's all day. Please demonstrate how they are not feathers of some sort. Perhaps the dinosaur died in a pile of feathers?
WHAT feathers? My gosh....
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Thinker wrote:To me, it looks like some shifting during rapid fossilization. Have you ever seen anomalies in things which turned out to not be true? Everything is to be tested. But in the case of evolutionists, they are quick to jump to conclusions and publish it.
This is not the only case where this occurred, and in other organisms found in the same deposits you see the same kind of fine details, except in those cases they would be scales, eggshells, gills and other fine details.

So I doubt this is the case.
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:So what do you think it is? Like I said I am open to suggestions.
And I GAVE a suggestion, sorry it wasn't good enough for you. Since you already know what it is, why ask this asinine question...?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Thinker wrote: And I GAVE a suggestion, sorry it wasn't good enough for you. Since you already know what it is, why ask this asinine question...?
I replied to you with additional information.
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:This is not the only case where this occurred, and in other organisms found in the same deposits you see the same kind of fine details, except in those cases they would be scales, eggshells, gills and other fine details.
Why so short in temper? I am only asking questions and providing infomation.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Thinker wrote: And I GAVE a suggestion, sorry it wasn't good enough for you. Since you already know what it is, why ask this asinine question...?
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:This is not the only case where this occurred, and in other organisms found in the same deposits you see the same kind of fine details, except in those cases they would be scales, eggshells, gills and other fine details.
I am short in temper BECAUSE everyone is so godless here saying all came about by 100% nothing. This is a Christian forum, not an atheist forum like the old board became. I really have to wonder WHY the atheists who position themselves with evolution which is one of their beliefs, are here anyways, you guys ask of critical scientific information, we provide, you reject, it's nonsense, and if you can't be open to it, perhaps you people should move to a different forum, specifically for atheists.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Thinker wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
I am short in temper BECAUSE everyone is so godless here saying all came about by 100% nothing. This is a Christian forum, not an atheist forum like the old board became. I really have to wonder WHY the atheists who position themselves with evolution which is one of their beliefs, are here anyways, you guys ask of critical scientific information, we provide, you reject, it's nonsense, and if you can't be open to it, perhaps you people should move to a different forum, specifically for atheists.
Hmm, I'm only here to provide critical scientific information, I have no agenda other than that. As for being an athiest you know I am not, and I am not here for either side.

If you look through the posts in this thread you'll see all I am doing is providing information nothing more.

I am sorry to have angered you Brian.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

I guess the best way to test the idea is to make a list of apomorphies for birds, and a set for dinosaurs, and then see if any are shared.

Anyone want to try? Let's take Archaeopteryx. Who wants to make a list of the number of bird characteristics, and the number of dinosaur characteristics it has?

Then we can compare and see it if qualifies.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Yehren wrote:I guess the best way to test the idea is to make a list of apomorphies for birds, and a set for dinosaurs, and then see if any are shared.

Anyone want to try? Let's take Archaeopteryx. Who wants to make a list of the number of bird characteristics, and the number of dinosaur characteristics it has?

I don''t think that would convince many here.
But you could give it a shot.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

Facts are like drops of rain. They don't knock over walls, but they can wear them away, a little at a time.

The point is not to convince people, but to get them to think.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Yehren wrote:I guess the best way to test the idea is to make a list of apomorphies for birds, and a set for dinosaurs, and then see if any are shared.

Circular reasoning once again. Thank you. I'm impressed.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

Yehren observes:
I guess the best way to test the idea is to make a list of apomorphies for birds, and a set for dinosaurs, and then see if any are shared.

Circular reasoning once again. Thank you. I'm impressed.
Perhaps you don't know what "circular reasoning" is.

After all, if you suppose it's just a bird (or dinosaur), you might find that there are not dinosaur (or bird) features. And that would confirm your hypothesis.

On the other hand, if there a considerable number of each, it would invalidate your hypothesis.

Want to try? If you don't, I'll just list the differences and similarities myself. Let's give it a shot.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Yehren wrote:Facts are like drops of rain. They don't knock over walls, but they can wear them away, a little at a time.

The point is not to convince people, but to get them to think.
Yup, and lies are exactley the same, so your right it is good people at least think to try and sort them out.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

That's what discussion boards are for. People are smarter than generally thought. Toss out the claims, and let them be sorted out.