Here's what they're destroying: A HUMAN BEING!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Here's what they're destroying: A HUMAN BEING!

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:14 am
Tell me something, do you agree that terminating a baby that has just been born is also ok?
And if you answer, no, why would you not?

What is the difference between one in the womb and one outside the womb.

There is no difference, it is a false reality that has been created by the abortionists to justify their murder.
Just by the question you asked me above and by you saying that I’m “pro-abortion”, I can tell that you don’t understand my position at all. Since you believe that it’s possible to lose one’s salvation, you may not be saved because of some sin you committed today... :pound: ...I don’t discuss matters of faith with the unsaved who are not genuine seekers.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

FlieG: "but don’t expect their whole platform to coincide with your ideals"
Of course not. But then that is not my responsibility. And let's not confuse the issue by arguing the nebulous, seedy world of politics. As navigating this world - whether through political choices or moral ones - I'm only responsible for what I can do. And supporting right-to-life legislation per my voting choices is but one easy thing I can do. I'm not responsible for outcomes or whatever bad players' agendas or policies. It's not about THEM, such a decision is about what YOU can do - and what opportunities have you been given. If I could personally stop this unnecessary destruction of life, I would. Would YOU? And what do you think God thinks about it?
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Philip wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:43 pm
FlieG: "but don’t expect their whole platform to coincide with your ideals"
Of course not. But then that is not my responsibility. And let's not confuse the issue by arguing the nebulous, seedy world of politics. As navigating this world - whether through political choices or moral ones - I'm only responsible for what I can do. And supporting right-to-life legislation per my voting choices is but one easy thing I can do. I'm not responsible for outcomes or whatever bad players' agendas or policies. It's not about THEM, such a decision is about what YOU can do - and what opportunities have you been given. If I could personally stop this unnecessary destruction of life, I would. Would YOU? And what do you think God thinks about it?
Well...that’s pretty much what I think. I’m only responsible for what I do, not for what the woman down the street does with the baby in her womb. I may not agree with her right to abort and would tell her so in a non-judgemental way but it’s ultimately none of my business...and I really wouldn’t want to take that right away from her either. God will be her judge.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:38 pm
Stu wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:14 am
Tell me something, do you agree that terminating a baby that has just been born is also ok?
And if you answer, no, why would you not?

What is the difference between one in the womb and one outside the womb.

There is no difference, it is a false reality that has been created by the abortionists to justify their murder.
Just by the question you asked me above and by you saying that I’m “pro-abortion”, I can tell that you don’t understand my position at all. Since you believe that it’s possible to lose one’s salvation, you may not be saved because of some sin you committed today... :pound: ...I don’t discuss matters of faith with the unsaved who are not genuine seekers.
You didn't answer my question.

Would you agree with babies being killed once born? Yes or no.

What is the actual difference?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:53 pm
Stu wrote: No, once saved always saved is false.
Stu wrote: Listen carefully, it is why your name CAN be blotted out of the book of life as it says in the Bible - your name has to BE IN the book of life, for it to be able to be blotted out.
Stu, this is false! Yes, to be with God in eternity, your name does have to be in the Book of Life. But WHEN were those names ALL put in there? After salvation? NO!

Revelation 13:8 says, “All who dwell on earth will worship (the beast), everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.”

Got that - the names were put in the Book of Life before the world existed! How is that possible? It's because God is ALL-knowing - He cannot be surprised by some future thing that He has not ALWAYS known about.

Besides, this losing one's salvation is VERY old and redundantly refuted assertion on the forum - here's but one exchange about it: viewtopic.php?p=253025&hilit=once+saved ... ed#p253025
We are going to have to agree to strongly disagree.

It's so very very dangerous to tell a Christian that once they are saved they can do anything they want and still go to heaven.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:35 am

From a Christian perspective, infanticide and abortion are both the killing of a child. From a legal perspective, abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

In jurisdictions where abortion is legal, women have the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. I wouldn’t want that right to be taken away from them. There may come times in a woman’s life where she would want that option. Neither you nor I are women so we will never be faced with the dilemma of bringing a pregnancy to term or not. Armchair quarterbacks, that’s what we are...

(So... did you repent and get your salvation back? :pound: )
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:10 am
Stu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:35 am

From a Christian perspective, infanticide and abortion are both the killing of a child. From a legal perspective, abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

In jurisdictions where abortion is legal, women have the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. I wouldn’t want that right to be taken away from them. There may come times in a woman’s life where she would want that option. Neither you nor I are women so we will never be faced with the dilemma of bringing a pregnancy to term or not. Armchair quarterbacks, that’s what we are...

(So... did you repent and get your salvation back? :pound: )
You call yourself a Christian yet you keep on telling God He is wrong - GOD SAYS ABORTION IS WRONG. End of story.

There is nothing else to say as a Christian.

What does God say in the Bible: My ways are not man's ways.
You keep on insisting that God is wrong. Good luck with that........
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:36 am
You call yourself a Christian yet you keep on telling God He is wrong - GOD SAYS ABORTION IS WRONG. End of story.

Nowhere did I say God is wrong. Nowhere...but people who believe the earth is flat and salvation can be lost are probably not good at understanding nuances in what is clearly written in front of them.

:pound:

P.S. since the bible says Christians don’t sin, does that mean you have to re-apply for salvation every time you miss the mark?
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:47 am

Nowhere did I say God is wrong. Nowhere...but people who believe the earth is flat and salvation can be lost are probably not good at understanding nuances in what is clearly written in front of them.

P.S. since the bible says Christians don’t sin, does that mean you have to re-apply for salvation every time you miss the mark?
You have been arguing awfully hard for the right of women to kill their babies the last couple of posts......

If God is right, then you agree abortion is wrong. Then people should not be allowed to do it. It is tantamount to murder.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:20 am

You have been arguing awfully hard for the right of women to kill their babies the last couple of posts......

If God is right, then you agree abortion is wrong. Then people should not be allowed to do it. It is tantamount to murder.
I like it that you totally avoid my questions! I’ve been saying since the start that abortion is morally wrong. How is it that this has escaped your notice? Could it be that you only see what your god wants you to see? And please tell us how a Christian who continues to sin after salvation loses his salvation. I need chapter and verse references. Thanks in advance...

☕️
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:08 pm
Stu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:20 am

I like it that you totally avoid my questions! I’ve been saying since the start that abortion is morally wrong. How is it that this has escaped your notice? Could it be that you only see what your god wants you to see? And please tell us how a Christian who continues to sin after salvation loses his salvation. I need chapter and verse references. Thanks in advance...

☕️
So you agree then, people should not be allowed to kill their babies. It should be against the law. Finally.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Ah, Stu...your ability to understand simple words on a screen seems quite limited. Is Afrikaans your mother tongue?
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:25 am Ah, Stu...your ability to understand simple words on a screen seems quite limited. Is Afrikaans your mother tongue?
And your ability to insult and make fun of serious topics is unbecoming.

You outright avoid the points I make and then shift the goal posts when you have no answer. Which is in almost every post.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:17 am
Fliegender wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:25 am Ah, Stu...your ability to understand simple words on a screen seems quite limited. Is Afrikaans your mother tongue?
And your ability to insult and make fun of serious topics is unbecoming.

You outright avoid the points I make and then shift the goal posts when you have no answer. Which is in almost every post.
You’re not making any sense, Stu. You would probably be right at home in a church like Westboro Baptist.
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

ENOUGH, guys!!! Try harder to show respect than just scoring points! Cause neither of you is changing the other's mind. y:-?