Interesting: Elon Musk Says He's OK with Going to Hell!

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Philip
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 685 times

Interesting: Elon Musk Says He's OK with Going to Hell!

Post by Philip »

Obviously, Elon has a false view of what Hell will be like! :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-kvHJoyfw

Course, many people mistakenly believe that if they're basically a "good" person, are generous and caring, enough, etc., then they will go to Heaven. But is that what the Bible teaches?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 315 times

Re: Interesting: Elon Musk Says He's OK with Going to Hell!

Post by 1over137 »

Philip,
You made me to enter Twitter :lol:
I put reply there. :)

For the record what Mr. Musk said:
Thank you for the blessing, but I'm ok with going to hell, if that is indeed my destination, since the vast majority of all humans ever born will be there.
Well, reminds me of me in times of being a non-believer.
I haven't known God and also thought: ok, if that is the case, if God is, then I will end up in Hell.
I was being just honest. You do not see God is, Bible says you go to hell, then ok, you go to Hell.
I have faith that people who are really honest and humble and yet still not believers, that one day they will get to know Jesus.
It seems to me that God will finally draw real searchers to Him.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Stu »

People won't be hanging out with Bon Scott and co. in hell. It will be a terrible existence.

Not all will suffer the same fate though, depending on your sins, there will be different levels of hell. In other words a thief won't suffer as much as a murderer for instance.

Trust me, if people knew what hell was like they would be poop their pants scared and not joke about it.

But we feel like we have so much control and power in our hands here on earth (also an illusion though - you could die from a heart-attack or get paralysed in a motor accident at any time) that we think that won't change in the after life. Completely wrong.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 685 times

Post by Philip »

Sad thing is, while people don't want the Hell described in Scripture, they sure don't want the Lord either (which is Who and what Heaven is ETERNALLY all about!). So most of them either deny God and Hell's existence, or they convince themselves of some unScriptural, fantasy version of what it might be like. Or they convince themselves of the universal belief that if they are just "good" enough (better than most), they'll go to Heaven. A lot of people have4 that ACDC song's version of Hell in their heads - thinking they'll just be hanging out partying and having a great time with all their rowdy buddies. But people's feelings and fantasies won't change the reality as to what awaits them if they don't embrace the Lord - and while still in THIS life!