TWO TRILLION galaxies? Not so fast!

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

TWO TRILLION galaxies? Not so fast!

Post by Philip »

Science is forever obtaining new understandings - and this looks to be one of them:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-fi ... st-thought

And so what are the implications?
Challenger007
Familiar Member

Re: TWO TRILLION galaxies? Not so fast!

Post by Challenger007 »

I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Challenger wrote: I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
Wherever man goes, the same infected thinking will follow them. There is no "safe room" - or planet - that would be immune to it. And who will get to go - only monied elites, powerful people? Wouldn't be long, if enough people went to some unpopulated planet, before frontier lawlessness would make it a nightmare. Plus, the nearest planets we could inhabit - if they exist - are way too far away. But nice fantasy, though - enjoy the Star Trek shows on Hulu!
Challenger007
Familiar Member

Post by Challenger007 »

Philip wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:51 pm
Challenger wrote: I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
Wherever man goes, the same infected thinking will follow them. There is no "safe room" - or planet - that would be immune to it. And who will get to go - only monied elites, powerful people? Wouldn't be long, if enough people went to some unpopulated planet, before frontier lawlessness would make it a nightmare. Plus, the nearest planets we could inhabit - if they exist - are way too far away. But nice fantasy, though - enjoy the Star Trek shows on Hulu!
I think you will agree that a person should have hope. Hope for the best. Even if it is strange and unreal, a person needs to believe in something, to strive for something. Without hope, a person will just go with the flow and that's it.
Smith21
BANNED
Christian: No

Post by Smith21 »

Challenger007 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 am I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
spam link deleted by moderator
Hey, can you share more details about it, then will be able to share my views on it.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Smith21: Hey, can you share more details about it, then will be able to share my views on it.
Not sure what you are looking for - can you explain a bit?
Armyman
Recognized Member

Post by Armyman »

The implications being we have lots of resources, that we are likely sharing our dimension with other lifeforms.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Smith21 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:30 am
Challenger007 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 am I think this is an excellent ground for the further development of science, because humanity needs to move on and on.
spam link deleted by moderator
Hey, can you share more details about it, then will be able to share my views on it.
Hey Smith, you are banned.
You added spam link into a quote.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Armyman
Recognized Member

Post by Armyman »

Philip wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:51 pm
There's serious consideration for colonizing, and eventually terraforming, the other planets in our goldilocks zone, Mars and Venus, as I'm sure you are aware. But it won't be easy.