Covid vaccine personal experiences

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Covid vaccine personal experiences

Post by RickD »

Philip,

Not sure if you’ve seen this yet:

https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-ar ... mpromised/
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:17 am I think the thing one has to ask themself - particularly, if you are someone like me that has immune issues - is what happens if I get the virus, as that could be exceptionally dangerous for me. Of course, this has implications for my son and wife as well. So, if I actually get the virus, is that less a risk than the risk of speculative scenarios related to the vaccines, that while concerning, currently can't be known. Of course, many have died with underlying conditions AND Covid. But the question becomes, would they have survived if not for the Covid on top of other conditions?

I have to make a decision this week as to which vaccine to get.
I think it is interesting that you actually have a choice on which vaccine to get.
I didn't know which shot I was getting until after I drove an hour and a half and actually walked into the room where I got the shot.
They are all 'safe and effective' so I just wanted to get a shot in arm to start the process of preparing my immune system to fight Covid.
I ended up getting Pfizer and there is a lot of good data about the Pfizer vaccine coming out of Israel recently.

As for recommendations...
My main recommendation is the obvious recommendation that you already know.
Consult your doctor.
Your doctor knows your personal medical situation in detail.
And by now your doctor probably has plenty of experience with both the covid virus and the covid vaccines.

Your doctor can give you much better counsel about your personal situation than anyone on the internet (myself included).
And one more obvious suggestion that I'm sure you are already doing...
"Take it to the Lord in Prayer"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip,

I’ve read dozens of stories about people dying after receiving a Covid vaccine. And then after an “investigation” was done, I haven’t found a single instance where the vaccine was the reason for the death. In almost every instance, the outcome was, “there’s no evidence linking the vaccine to the death”. I would hope that raises a red flag to any discerning person. Otherwise healthy people have died after receiving a vaccine, yet they found no evidence that the vaccine contributed, much less was the cause of death?

Philip,

Just use your brain. It may or may turn out when hindsight is 20/20, that the vaccines are less dangerous and than Covid-19 for many people. But for the love of God, don’t buy into DBowling’s false statistics. And don’t buy into the horrible lie that these vaccines are “safe”. Less dangerous than Covid-19? Time will tell. But safe? Not on your life. And you should stay away from anyone who claims they’re safe. Something safe, by definition, causes no harm nor risk.

And saying that getting the vaccine is “loving thy neighbor”? And insinuating that people who don’t get the vaccine, somehow don’t love their neighbor? That’s a disgusting bully tactic. It’s no different than when piers Morgan said gun rights advocates didn’t care about Sandy Hook school children, because they don’t want to ban guns.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

I'll be taking another road trip tomorrow... but this time for my wife.

My wife has not yet received the same notification from our health care provider that I did last week for a covid shot, so she has been searching pharmacies for available covid shots. She finally found one yesterday... 2 hours away :esurprised:

Since I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see which shot she gets.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
Since I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.
:pound:

That’s so pathetic so loving and thoughtful of you!

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick:
:pound:

That’s so pathetic so loving and thoughtful of you!
Rick, I REALLY don't like saying this publicly, but if you (or ANYONE) want to convince people of your position on a topic or have your opinions taken seriously around here, you need to give your relentless sarcasm a rest and quit belittling people just because they have a different opinion than you do! It becomes tiresome - not to mention distracting from any important contentions you may assert. Clearly, this is a VERY important topic to discuss, but NO one is going to seriously consider what you have to say when you constantly do this - do you not even care about that (pride!)? Because when you keep doing it, it's not remotely funny, it's simply irritating and deliberately offensive AND personally DIVISIVE to whomever you've engaged in discussion (again, do you care?). I don't think you realize it just makes you look bad and like you don't care about the person or who you offend so long as you can claim the superior argument along with some "witty" sarcastic exit line. A bit of meditation upon Ephesians 4:15 might be in order - or does that matter? Again, I'm no saint, I've been guilty as well. But really, as a tactic, it's a long-time and ongoing problem!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DB was half joking, so I responded in kind.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

DBowling wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:06 am
... I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.

As long as the shot isn’t from a Glock, she’ll be fine.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:54 am
... I love my wife dearly and have an enormous vested interest in her health and wellbeing, I am taking the day off work and we are going on a road trip date tomorrow.

I like the comparison, because getting the Covid vaccine is like playing Russian roulette with a needle.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:54 am

As long as the Michigan Militia doesn't decide to storm Rite Aid we should be safe from Glocks.
:P
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

DBowling wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:11 pm As long as the Michigan Militia doesn't decide to storm Rite Aid we should be safe from Glocks.
:P
Hmmm... I checked out the Michigan Militia’s site, they are some serious wackos patriots! No need to worry about them storming Rite Aid now that Prophet Trump (pbuh) has recommend everyone get vaccinated.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Speaking of which...

Giving credit where credit is due...
I was surprised and pleased that Trump publicly recommended that his followers should get vaccinated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46co3L5gPM

It would be great if the MAGA faithful would follow Trump's recommendation on this!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 pm Speaking of which...

Giving credit where credit is due...
I was surprised and pleased that Trump publicly recommended that his followers should get vaccinated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46co3L5gPM

It would be great if the MAGA faithful would follow Trump's recommendation on this!
It would be great if the left would be happy with people being able to choose what medical choices they personally make, without being vilified and labeled as someone who doesn’t care about others if their choice doesn’t line up with them.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I found out yesterday that between 52 and 53% of my hospital’s employees got the Covid vaccine. So basically, one out of every two people in the hospital, who have been on the frontlines of this Covid issue for the last year, decided NOT to get the vaccine, despite a huge “marketing” campaign by the hospital, to get the vaccine.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:17 am I found out yesterday that between 52 and 53% of my hospital’s employees got the Covid vaccine. So basically, one out of every two people in the hospital, who have been on the frontlines of this Covid issue for the last year, decided NOT to get the vaccine, despite a huge “marketing” campaign by the hospital, to get the vaccine.
Yeah, but you’re in a red state so that may explain the low IQ vaccination rate among your coworkers. Things may change now that Prophet Trump (pbuh) has recommended his disciples get vaccinated. (It’s significant that both He and the Holy Mother were secretly vaccinated before they left the White House.)
-John Stuart Mill