"Tree" or "Web" of Life? A Tale of Red Wolf "Species"

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
zhair
Newbie Member
Christian: No

"Tree" or "Web" of Life? A Tale of Red Wolf "Species"

Post by zhair »

So I've been doing some digging into "dog" origins, in order to "pinpoint" what I might call a unique creation under a Progressive Creation scenario. What I'd want is obviously the "prototype" i.e., the first kind of a particular line that results in different species and sub-species, perhaps at a genus level.

Obviously, a next-to impossible task. I didn't think realistically I'd find something, but at least I might further my own knowledge on dogs, wolves and the like in such an endeavour. And we have so much variety today of dogs, that I saw it as an interesting exercise to do in and of itself.

At first, I thought I might be able to walk away declaring without any real certainty some prototypical Canis lupus species, of which "gray wolf" and "dogs" evolved and are subspecies of. Thing is Canis lupus species can also interbreed with "species" in the greater Canis genus. For example, the gray wolf and red coyote which belongs to Canis latrans.the Canis lupus and Canis latrans species should be joined into one complex.
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: "Tree" or "Web" of Life? A Tale of Red Wolf "Species"

Post by Fliegender »

Hmmmm...when cannabis edibles (cookies, candies etc) are consumed the effect is usually delayed and the strength of the high is unpredictable. It is best to avoid posting after indulging.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill