Key Facts About Salvation many miss or overlook when it comes to Christianity.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Key Facts About Salvation many miss or overlook when it comes to Christianity.

Post by abelcainsbrother »

1.You must be born again to become a Christian.You cannot save yourself nor act like a Christian and truly be one.
John 3:3

Many think that Christianity is just another religion,amongst a long list of other religions and they are all kinda the same they just believe in different gods and Jesus is just another kind of god people believe in.This is not true though as you can simply join a church of any other religion I'm aware of,learn the laws and rules you must live by the rest of your life,learn the religious rituals you must perform,etc and change yourself to become one. You cannot do this in Chistianity.Why would you choose some other god over Jesus? The choice is obvious from a religion view point.

2.Jesus paid for your salvation in full.

God has already did everything for you in his salvation plan for you to be saved.There is nothing you can do to add to it.All you have to do is have faith and believe in Jesus for your salvation and be saved.This is how you recieve the gift of salvation and it is not much effort on your part at all because Jesus really already did everything for you.It is really too easy for people to accept,but it is true nonetheless.
Romans 5:16-21

3.You don't really decide when it is time to be saved,God decides,when it is time.Unless the Holy Spirit is drawing you to Christ you cannot be saved.If you have not ever experienced this then I suggest you try churches,etc until it happens,because until it does,you cannot be saved,no matter how hard you pray.

It is not about you,but about God's plan for your salvation and how everything has already been done for you to be saved.You cannot necessarily wait until you're on your death bed to be saved,because the Holy Spirit may not draw you then,which means you cannot be saved.I mean it is not impossible that a peron could be saved whe they are on their death bed,but the Holy Sprit must draw you,another way of saying this is the Holy Spirit must convict you and draw you to Christ to be saved.
John 6:44

4. It is when you have been born again that you are changed into a Christian,and not until then,no matter how you might act like a Christian,etc or what you might do.

A person can put on an act like they are a Christian and not really be one.Only God truly knows who has been saved or not,which is why he is the judge and not us.The closest we can tell is by their fruit,but even then it is not a sure thing.It is important for you to know for yourself and not be putting on an act which is what being a hypocrite is really all about.A hypocrite is somebody putting on an act like they are a Christian when they really are not.It is not somebody who says one thing and does another,otherwise we'd all be hypocrites.

2nd Corinthians 5:17. Galatians 6:15

5.Out of all other gods out there only Jesus truly showed you love like no other god out there by actually fulfilling everything for you so that you could be saved.None of them did.From a religious point of view Jesus is the easy choice even if you don't know much about religion.If we just take each religion on face value,and honestly without any strawmen,there should be no reason why you would choose some other god over Jesus based on the love and sacrifice he showed you.

The other gods may talk a good game about love but when the rubber hits the road they never put it all on the line for you like Jesus did with his actions and not just words.

John 3:16 John 3:19 Hebrews 12:1-4
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Key Facts About Salvation many miss or overlook when it comes to Christianity.

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:32 pm 1.You must be born again to become a Christian.You cannot save yourself nor act like a Christian and truly be one.

Many think that Christianity is just another religion,amongst a long list of other religions and they are all kinda the same they just believe in different gods and Jesus is just another kind of god people believe in.This is not true though as you can simply join a church of any other religion I'm aware of,learn the laws and rules you must live by the rest of your life,learn the religious rituals you must perform,etc and change yourself to become one. You cannot do this in Chistianity.Why would you choose some other god over Jesus? The choice is obvious from a religion view point.

God has already did everything for you in his salvation plan for you to be saved.There is nothing you can do to add to it.All you have to do is have faith and believe in Jesus for your salvation and be saved.This is how you recieve the gift of salvation and it is not much effort on your part at all because Jesus really already did everything for you.It is really too easy for people to accept,but it is true nonetheless.

3.You don't really decide when it is time to be saved,God decides,when it is time.Unless the Holy Spirit is drawing you to Christ you cannot be saved.If you have not ever experienced this then I suggest you try churches,etc until it happens,because until it does,you cannot be saved,no matter how hard you pray.

It is not about you,but about God's plan for your salvation and how everything has already been done for you to be saved.You cannot necessarily wait until you're on your death bed to be saved,because the Holy Spirit may not draw you then,which means you cannot be saved.I mean it is not impossible that a peron could be saved whe they are on their death bed,but the Holy Sprit must draw you,another way of saying this is the Holy Spirit must convict you and draw you to Christ to be saved.

4. It is when you have been born again that you are changed into a Christian,and not until then,no matter how you might act like a Christian,etc or what you might do.

A person can put on an act like they are a Christian and not really be one.Only God truly knows who has been saved or not,which is why he is the judge and not us.The closest we can tell is by their fruit,but even then it is not a sure thing.It is important for you to know for yourself and not be putting on an act which is what being a hypocrite is really all about.A hypocrite is somebody putting on an act like they are a Christian when they really are not.It is not somebody who says one thing and does another,otherwise we'd all be hypocrites.

5.Out of all other gods out there only Jesus truly showed you love like no other god out there by actually fulfilling everything for you so that you could be saved.None of them did.From a religious point of view Jesus is the easy choice even if you don't know much about religion.If we just take each religion on face value,and honestly without any strawmen,there should be no reason why you would choose some other god over Jesus based on the love and sacrifice he showed you.

The other gods may talk a good game about love but when the rubber hits the road they never put it all on the line for you like Jesus did with his actions and not just words.

According to your reasoning, specifically, how does someone become born again?

Please be specific.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Re: Key Facts About Salvation many miss or overlook when it comes to Christianity.

Post by Philip »

Abel: You cannot necessarily wait until you're on your death bed to be saved,because the Holy Spirit may not draw you then,which means you cannot be saved.
The ONLY thing that prevents ANYONE from being saved is their own closed heart and mind! Of course, thinking that one can decide tomorrow is foolish - as tomorrow may not arrive for a person.

Who, INCLUSIVELY, does God wish to save - has He withheld His drawing from some? 1 Timothy 2:3-4: This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ALL people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Note that the drawing is only effective upon one whom desires what is being offered - it's NOT effective upon the one who has no interest in the enlightening, fellowship / relationship

Consider Revelation 3:20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If ANYONE hears my voice AND opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Jesus calls ALL to Himself - but ALL will not open the door of their hard heart - they fail to listen to the voice and want nothing to do with the One (Christ) requesting entrance and fellowship / salvation!

Does God DESIRE some people not be saved? Ezekiel 33:11: Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have NO pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live

God has reached out to everyone - but His outreach and drawing are effective ONLY upon the one with a willing heart and mind to listen and respond to Him - those whom want what He's wants to provide them. They can also resist - and permanently so, if they so desire.

Has God hidden Himself from anyone who hasn't closed off their own hard heart and mind from Him?

Romans 1: For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, (and how long has He made ALL persons aware of His existence?) ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Abel: I mean it is not impossible that a peron could be saved whe they are on their death bed,but the Holy Sprit must draw you,another way of saying this is the Holy Spirit must convict you and draw you to Christ to be saved.
NO - that suggests that God is withholding His offer or the ability for ALL to come to Himself - which is unScriptural. And that false belief is much like Five Point Calvinists' false teaching that God doesn't desire to save all - a direct contradiction of the very reason Jesus came to earth and 1 Timothy 2:3-4! Such people would insist that God wants to save, but He also ONLY wants others in Hell. Again, a direct contradiction of much Scripture. With the Five Point Calvinist belief, there is NO Christ waiting at the door, NO knocking, as He supposedly will either come through the door - or not - depending upon His desire for an individual. As well, the Calvinist believes there is NO ability to open any supposed door - with God instead suddenly "regenerating a person to belief and faith." Again, unScriptural and in denial of all of the encouragement of God in the Old Testament, and Jesus and the Disciples, to come to faith in God - "as if" ALL could (which Scripture shows they absolutely can - again, but only if THEY desire what God is offering them).
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 am
Abel: You cannot necessarily wait until you're on your death bed to be saved,because the Holy Spirit may not draw you then,which means you cannot be saved.
The ONLY thing that prevents ANYONE from being saved is their own closed heart and mind! Of course, thinking that one can decide tomorrow is foolish - as tomorrow may not arrive for a person.

Who, INCLUSIVELY, does God wish to save - has He withheld His drawing from some? 1 Timothy 2:3-4: This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ALL people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Note that the drawing is only effective upon one whom desires what is being offered - it's NOT effective upon the one who has no interest in the enlightening, fellowship / relationship

Consider Revelation 3:20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If ANYONE hears my voice AND opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Jesus calls ALL to Himself - but ALL will not open the door of their hard heart - they fail to listen to the voice and want nothing to do with the One (Christ) requesting entrance and fellowship / salvation!

Does God DESIRE some people not be saved? Ezekiel 33:11: Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have NO pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live

God has reached out to everyone - but His outreach and drawing are effective ONLY upon the one with a willing heart and mind to listen and respond to Him - those whom want what He's wants to provide them. They can also resist - and permanently so, if they so desire.

Has God hidden Himself from anyone who hasn't closed off their own hard heart and mind from Him?

Romans 1: For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, (and how long has He made ALL persons aware of His existence?) ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Abel: I mean it is not impossible that a peron could be saved whe they are on their death bed,but the Holy Sprit must draw you,another way of saying this is the Holy Spirit must convict you and draw you to Christ to be saved.
NO - that suggests that God is withholding His offer or the ability for ALL to come to Himself - which is unScriptural. And that false belief is much like Five Point Calvinists' false teaching that God doesn't desire to save all - a direct contradiction of the very reason Jesus came to earth and 1 Timothy 2:3-4! Such people would insist that God wants to save, but He also ONLY wants others in Hell. Again, a direct contradiction of much Scripture. With the Five Point Calvinist belief, there is NO Christ waiting at the door, NO knocking, as He supposedly will either come through the door - or not - depending upon His desire for an individual. As well, the Calvinist believes there is NO ability to open any supposed door - with God instead suddenly "regenerating a person to belief and faith." Again, unScriptural and in denial of all of the encouragement of God in the Old Testament, and Jesus and the Disciples, to come to faith in God - "as if" ALL could (which Scripture shows they absolutely can - again, but only if THEY desire what God is offering them).
Although I will agree that Jesus wants all to be saved not everybody is drawn to Christ to be saved and the only way this can happen is when the gospel is preached,but it does not just happen on its own without the gospel being preached.This is why I suggested that if a person has not experienced this then they need to visit churches,etc until it happens.I'm not saying that it can only happen in a church as it can happen anywhere but to people who have never experienced the Holy Spirit drawing them to Christ going to churches until it happens might be the best option for it to happen.

I did not say or believe God is withholding salvation from anybody.I'm not a Calvanist.It is true that unless the Holy Spirit draws a person to Christ they cannot be saved.I do believe Jesus stands at the door and knocks and this is when the Holy Spirit is drawing them to Christ to be saved.And it is at this time when he is knocking that a person can then be saved,but once it is over and it is no longer drawing them,they cannot be saved,until it happens again. It can only happen when the Holy Spirit is drawing them to Christ.The person will know it and how they respond will determine what happens.Salvation is a miracle God does on the inside of the person that transforms them into a Christian.It is not about what we do but what has already been done for us to be saved.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:27 am
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:32 pm 1.You must be born again to become a Christian.You cannot save yourself nor act like a Christian and truly be one.

Please be specific.
I don't want to give you my reasoning on this as I only want the truth of God's word to shine through when it comes to salvation.I think there is a lack of undestanding out there about salvation that many miss.I'm just trying to clarify things for people according to God's word about salvation,because I want people to be saved so I'm trying to clear up any misunderstandings out there about it. Being born again is about a spiritual birth on the inside of the person. As we are all born physically but must be born Spiritually also in order to see the kingdom of God.We are blind spiritually until this happens and cannot see,but are blind.According to scripture it surpasses all understanding yet is experienced by those who are saved. So it can be hard reasoning about it.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Please be specific.
I don't want to give you my reasoning on this as I only want the truth of God's word to shine through when it comes to salvation.I think there is a lack of undestanding out there about salvation that many miss.I'm just trying to clarify things for people according to God's word about salation,because I want people to be saved so I'm trying to clear up any misunderstandings out there about it. Being born again is about a spiritual birth on the inside of the person. As we are all born physically but must be born Spiritually also in order to see the kingdom of God.We are blind spiritually until this happens and cannot see,but are blind.According to scripture it surpasses all understanding yet is experienced by those who are saved. So it can be hard reasoning about it.
So, when you have a discussion with someone, and tell them that the must be born again, when they ask, "What must I do to be born again?"

What do you tell them?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:20 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Please be specific.
I don't want to give you my reasoning on this as I only want the truth of God's word to shine through when it comes to salvation.I think there is a lack of undestanding out there about salvation that many miss.I'm just trying to clarify things for people according to God's word about salation,because I want people to be saved so I'm trying to clear up any misunderstandings out there about it. Being born again is about a spiritual birth on the inside of the person. As we are all born physically but must be born Spiritually also in order to see the kingdom of God.We are blind spiritually until this happens and cannot see,but are blind.According to scripture it surpasses all understanding yet is experienced by those who are saved. So it can be hard reasoning about it.
So, when you have a discussion with someone, and tell them that the must be born again, when they ask, "What must I do to be born again?"

What do you tell them?
I explain to them that they need to be saved by Jesus and they will be born again when they get saved.I explain it is a miracle God does on the inside of the person that transforms them into a Christian.I might give them my testimony too and try to explain how it changed me and I had been raised in Sunday School and knew about salvation,yet it was not until I actually experienced it that I was changed and thought totally different than I did before,it was like I was a different person on the inside,yet I looked the same on the outside.On the inside I was totally different and felt good all over.

I also might give them a song to listen to like this.
The Old Man Is Dead
https://youtu.be/k75WdQOVUZA

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Abel: It can only happen when the Holy Spirit is drawing them to Christ.
This is true - HOWEVER, ALL persons, that eventually become so WILLING, will be drawn to the Holy Spirit's prompting. But His prompting is not like a radio signal that goes on and off - God is ALWAYS drawing people. But His Spirit's prompting is not effective upon the resistant, unwilling person who isn't interested and wants no part of Who and what He's calling them to. And sometimes, for many, it takes a long time for God's prompting to become effective - due to one's level of resistance.

Perhaps a poor analogy, but it's like everyone in a house smells the fantastic aroma of a fresh-baked apple pie sitting so beautiful and golden brown on the table for all to see. And everyone who has begun to understand and experience what that pie offers their senses, palate and stomach are naturally drawn by the sights, sounds and promises that pie is sending them. And they began being drawn as they smelled the first whiff of the pie as it was being baked - some quicker than others, some much slower. And yet, many people can't stand and don't like or want apple pie. In fact, the very sight and smell of such pie makes many people nauseous - so they aren't drawn in the least by all of the same sight, beautiful aroma and promise the pie has made overwhelmingly irresistible to those who can't wait to eat and taste what they've been drawn to. So those whom hate pie and are disgusted by it, avoid it - don't like to even talk about it. In fact, even though the signs are all there, that there is a wonderful pie in the kitchen, they'll pretend like they don't know and that such a grand desert even exists. And so they can't understand the obsession others have with pie.

Same with Christ. In my above analogy, Jesus is the Pie! Many are drawn to Him, and many, given the same prompts, despise Him, want nothing to do with Him, avoid even all mention of Him, pretend they know nothing about Him - with some even insisting He doesn't exist - certainly not as some Resurrected God. Yet God is ALWAYS drawing, and He'll make all whom He already knows will, AT SOME POINT, eventually be willing and begin responding to His Spirit's prompting - and how and when He awakens them to His prompting is different with different people. Scripture does, however, indicate that there is a point that a long-time and determined resister to God's Spirit is hardened in their resolve to resist and reject - much like Pharaoh in Mose's time.
Abel: It is not about what we do but what has already been done for us to be saved.
Yes, it's NOT about what one DOES, but it IS about one's willingness and heart to invite Jesus and commit themselves to Him. Man DOES have a role - not in salvation - but in having the heart and mind that will no longer resist and will instead begin to desire God and committing themselves to Him, in RESPONSE to His prompting. God first did all required for salvation. And He also gave us free will and requires a committed response of one's heart and mind. So, it's not what we DO (as in some action or activity), but a matter of the heart and mind in RESPONSE to God's drawing us.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

John 12:32

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
I explain to them that they need to be saved by Jesus and they will be born again when they get saved.I explain it is a miracle God does on the inside of the person that transforms them into a Christian.I might give them my testimony too and try to explain how it changed me and I had been raised in Sunday School and knew about salvation,yet it was not until I actually experienced it that I was changed and thought totally different than I did before,it was like I was a different person on the inside,yet I looked the same on the outside.On the inside I was totally different and felt good all over.
But how does Jesus save someone?

Does Jesus just decide who he wants to save, and whether or not that person wants to be saved, Jesus saves him?

Or does it take something on our end, through which God's saving grace is realized?

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:44 pm ...
But how does Jesus save someone?

Does Jesus just decide who he wants to save, and whether or not that person wants to be saved, Jesus saves him?

Or does it take something on our end, through which God's saving grace is realized?
Salvation is like Bank of America. Individuals choose to save and the Bank gladly handles their Savings and makes them grow. The Bank desires that all should come through it’s doors and Save but only a few find the way. All men want to save but most are on that broad road named Daily Grind.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Salvation from what?
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 am Salvation from what?
Since it's one month until Christmas...
Matthew 1:21
She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

DBowling wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:45 am
PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 am Salvation from what?
Since it's one month until Christmas...
Matthew 1:21
She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.
But we still sin, even when we are saved...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Salvation from the wages of sin.

-Edward R Murrow