My journey

Share how you became a Christian, or experiences from your Christian life.
User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21642
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: My journey

#466

Post by RickD » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Storyteller wrote:
How does that marry with my faith?
How does a sexual relationship outside of marriage, marry with your faith?

Is that a rhetorical question?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Valued Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: My journey

#467

Post by Fliegender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:01 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Storyteller wrote:
How does that marry with my faith?
How does a sexual relationship outside of marriage, marry with your faith?

Is that a rhetorical question?
What?! I assumed Ms. Vauxhall was being tied up and whipped by her husband (or lover if not married).

That would be OK.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stewart Mill

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21642
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: My journey

#468

Post by RickD » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:09 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:01 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Storyteller wrote:
How does that marry with my faith?
How does a sexual relationship outside of marriage, marry with your faith?

Is that a rhetorical question?
What?! I assumed Ms. Vauxhall was being tied up and whipped by her husband (or lover if not married).

That would be OK.
Yes. Lover outside of marriage. Why would you be telling her that's ok?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Valued Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: My journey

#469

Post by Fliegender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:21 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:09 pm
...
Yes. Lover outside of marriage. Why would you be telling her that's ok?
Is Ms Vauxhall still married? If she’s legally married then she may be guilty of adultery if someone besides her legal husband is beating her in a sexual setting. She may face consequences for such depending on the jurisdiction in which she lives.

I’m not concerned with legality in this case. It’s irrelevant from an eternal perspective. From a biblical standpoint, she’s already shot through with sin as are most people posting here.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stewart Mill

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#470

Post by Nessa » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:35 pm

So if she's not married it's all good?

:shakehead:

We are all guilty of sin but to be deluded into thinking it may actually not be a sin is worse. We would living a lie.

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#471

Post by Nessa » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Fliegender wrote: From a biblical standpoint, she’s already shot through with sin as are most people posting here.
Most people here are shot through with sin?

Where are the squeaky-cleaners? y/:] Apart from Christ, we are all dirty..

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21642
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: My journey

#472

Post by RickD » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:21 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:09 pm
...
Yes. Lover outside of marriage. Why would you be telling her that's ok?
Is Ms Vauxhall still married? If she’s legally married then she may be guilty of adultery if someone besides her legal husband is beating her in a sexual setting. She may face consequences for such depending on the jurisdiction in which she lives.

I’m not concerned with legality in this case. It’s irrelevant from an eternal perspective. From a biblical standpoint, she’s already shot through with sin as are most people posting here.
I can't believe you're actually saying that from a biblical standpoint, fornication is ok.

There's a difference between you acknowledging that you're a sinner, and advocating that it's ok to sin.

And just because a believer isn't punished eternally for sinning, that doesn't mean that there aren't consequences for sin.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#473

Post by Nessa » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm still waiting for the scriptural back up for adultery and fornication to make sure every bible I've read isn't missing a page

User avatar
Fliegender
Valued Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: My journey

#474

Post by Fliegender » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am

I’m totally confused wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:49 pm

I can't believe you're actually saying that from a biblical standpoint, fornication is ok.

There's a difference between you acknowledging that you're a sinner, and advocating that it's ok to sin.

And just because a believer isn't punished eternally for sinning, that doesn't mean that there aren't consequences for sin.
Fornication? Who is beating Ms Vauxhall? Is it random men every time? If it’s random men every time she’s whipped that’s one thing but if she has a significant-other henchman then I’m fine with that. Show me in the Bible where a marriage requires state sanction, the “piece of paper” people talk about.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stewart Mill

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#475

Post by Nessa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am

I think you are the one who is totally confused... Who are you saying is the significant other? Anyone who you are choosing to have sex with at the time?

If you are right, then the divorce 'papers' will also mean nothing and promiscuity is taking place as there is no 'one true' significant other.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21642
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1109 times

Re: My journey

#476

Post by RickD » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am
I’m totally confused wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:49 pm

I can't believe you're actually saying that from a biblical standpoint, fornication is ok.

There's a difference between you acknowledging that you're a sinner, and advocating that it's ok to sin.

And just because a believer isn't punished eternally for sinning, that doesn't mean that there aren't consequences for sin.
Fornication? Who is beating Ms Vauxhall? Is it random men every time? If it’s random men every time she’s whipped that’s one thing but if she has a significant-other henchman then I’m fine with that. Show me in the Bible where a marriage requires state sanction, the “piece of paper” people talk about.
Who mentioned state sanctioned marriage?

FL,

You're really attempting to back this biblically?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#477

Post by Nessa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:18 pm

He thinks he knows better than the Bible....

Can't wait for the next pearl of wisdom :shock:

User avatar
Fliegender
Valued Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: My journey

#478

Post by Fliegender » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:34 pm

I’m lost in space wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:15 pm
...
You're really attempting to back this biblically?
From a biblical perspective:

1. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
2. A couple is wed by God (Adam and Eve) or,
3. through sexual intimacy (see Dt21:10-14) or,
4. through some event (an agreement, a political arrangement or a ceremony).

Whatever married, consenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my business.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stewart Mill

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#479

Post by Nessa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:21 pm

A sexual act by itself does not equal a marriage.

There is a clear distinction throughout the Bible of that truth.

And we obviously aren't talking about a married couple here so stop mixing up the situation

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: My journey

#480

Post by Nessa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Maybe you have become a progressive Mormon in your travels and you think storyteller is merely taking on a second husband.

Therefore she is married, and is married again.

Post Reply