Predestination permanent?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Predestination permanent?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 pm Is God a hypocrite? NO!!! And so, Jesus showed that He/God desires WE love ALL - to even to pray for our ENEMIES - what a concept - must have blown their minds! No, God doesn't instruct man to love all and then He hypocritically loves some and hates most. But that is what Calvinists insist about God!

Jesus:

"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?"

"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

And notice the lawyer in Luke 10, attempting to justify only loving those he desired to love, asks Jesus, "But who is my neighbor?" And so, what is also God's value concerning love: “The one who showed him mercy.” God desires we love and show mercy to others - even those we might not be particularly concerned about. I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't a Calvinist!
Sometimes the Bible does say God hates-but in that context it means against. Overall God loves all human beings.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Predestination permanent?

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Why is there still a big issue with predestination? I mean we have either only a few chosen(Jesus died for some or we can pick our final choice