Prayer

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Prayer

Post by Brigham »

Hi, I'm new here, and just wanted to say i think this site is awesome, and what you guys are doing is great. I'm sorry i had to ask this, but i remember seeing somewhere some statistics on how Christian prayer actually showed better results in healing the injured, by about 30% at least. Thing is i cant find it again lol, i think it was on this site, if so, can anyone tell me where. It would be greatly appreciated.

-Brigham
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Hi Brigham, welcome to the forums.

Here is the link to that page you are referring to:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/prayer.html
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Prayer

Post by Believer »

Brigham wrote:Hi, I'm new here, and just wanted to say i think this site is awesome, and what you guys are doing is great. I'm sorry i had to ask this, but i remember seeing somewhere some statistics on how Christian prayer actually showed better results in healing the injured, by about 30% at least. Thing is i cant find it again lol, i think it was on this site, if so, can anyone tell me where. It would be greatly appreciated.

-Brigham
Hi Bigham, so nice to have you here :D! Um, I can't find it, but yeah, somewhere around these boxes of archives, :lol:. Yes, prayer does do this. My dad being a doctor knows about this, he gets secular journals on it.
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

wow that was fast! thx alot :D
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

wow that was fast! thx alot :D
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

what the??

ITS A TIME TRAVELER!!!!
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

lol
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

First of all, go to profile and fix your timezone, and second of all, does firefox crash several times a day for you like it does for me?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

not at all.

Did you download the new version?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.