Convinced yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Convinced yet?

Post by Philip »

DB: We will have to wait and see if the rest of the whistleblower complaint is as accurate as the part that has already been corroborated.
Yes, so why don't we? DB and others are already making arguments around PARTIAL information from an anonymous source touting second-hand hearsay. Why, because he absolutely despises Trump, likely deeply hoping the wolves have him. But if it were proven Trump did an impeachable offense, then I'd be quite fine with a President Pence!
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

It's already been proven that Trump did an impeachable offense. He blatantly obstructed justice on about 10 different occasions. So I guess what you meant was "another impeachable offense"?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed, would you be okay with Pence as president?
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:06 am
DB: We will have to wait and see if the rest of the whistleblower complaint is as accurate as the part that has already been corroborated.
Yes, so why don't we? DB and others are already making arguments around PARTIAL information from an anonymous source touting second-hand hearsay. Why, because he absolutely despises Trump, likely deeply hoping the wolves have him.
Here's what Trump's director of national intelligence said about the whistleblower in testimony before Congress yesterday (9/26)
"First, I want to stress I believe the whistle-blower and the inspector general have acted in good faith throughout," he said. "I have every reason to believe that they have done everything by the book and followed the law."

Here are some comments from Napolitano from the Trump News Network (Fox News)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yY_N4d5xv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs5FkaWbI8s
But if it were proven Trump did an impeachable offense, then I'd be quite fine with a President Pence!
Like I said above...
I have no doubt that Trump will be impeached by the House
I also have no doubt that Trump will NOT be removed from office by the Senate.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB, do you like Pence?
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Philip wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 am DB, do you like Pence?
I would greatly prefer Pence over Trump.
I would also vote for Pence over any of the current Democratic candidates.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Ed and his "facts" :lol:
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Wanna know why I support Trump? It's not because I like him, in fact I don't. And it's not because I agree with his antics or methods, I don't. It's not even because I agree with some of his policies, I do but that's an incidental byproduct of my conservatism.

This is why: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clint ... 19380.html . Crooked Hillary and most democrats (and I'm being generous here by not saying all) still to this day can't even acknowledge a simple fact that half the country voted for Trump or that he is even a legitimate president. I mean, seriously, somebody wake this woman up from her delusional state. :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

They ( Democrats) continue to put all their eggs into one basket.
At first I didn't get it but after seeing those that are suppose to oppose Trump in 2020, I get it now.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:22 am Wanna know why I support Trump? It's not because I like him, in fact I don't. And it's not because I agree with his antics or methods, I don't. It's not even because I agree with some of his policies, I do but that's an incidental byproduct of my conservatism.

This is why: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clint ... 19380.html . Crooked Hillary and most democrats (and I'm being generous here by not saying all) still to this day can't even acknowledge a simple fact that half the country voted for Trump or that he is even a legitimate president. I mean, seriously, somebody wake this woman up from her delusional state. :shakehead:
That sad woman has probably gotten everything she's ever wanted in her life, that she doesn't know how to lose graciously.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Byblos wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:22 am Wanna know why I support Trump?

This is why: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clint ... 19380.html .
No. No way. That's just too hypocritical.

Barack Obama won both the popular vote and the electoral college twice. He got no help from any foreign powers. Republicans never accepted him as a legitimate President. Never. Mitch McConnell flat out stated that his primary goal was to block literally every single thing that Obama did with the aim of making him a one term President. Good old boys made lynching memes about him. Donald Trump made a name for himself in conservative circles by pushing the birther conspiracy - that Obama may have won, but he was never eligible to run so he was never a legitimate President. People on the right still say that, largely because the current President pushed birtherism for so long, and still uses it as a dog whistle from time to time. For eight years we listened endless dishonest, ridiculous, asinine attacks on Barack Obama, much of it with an undertone of racism. He was a secret Muslim who hated America. He instituted death panels. His wife was secretly transgender. Lie after lie after lie. Every single day. On, and on, and on, and on, for eight solid years...

And then the same racist, opportunistic, self aggrandizing scumbag who made his name attacking the legitimacy of the sitting President lost the popular vote by three million, but squeaked by in the electoral college - with the help of Russian meddling - and we're supposed to regard him as legitimate? He has no right to even request it. Neither do you.

Seriously, the naked hypocrisy and unmitigated gall of that statement is breathtaking. I've never played the legitimacy card, but that's me trying to stick to issues. It's a courtesy. I don't owe President Donald Trump any more respect or loyalty than he showed to President Barack Obama.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:47 am Ed and his "facts" :lol:
That's correct, Stu. Ed has facts.

Stu doesn't like Ed's facts, but that's too bad. Ed's facts don't care about Stu's feelings. If Stu had some facts of his own he could use them to hurt Ed's feelings, but he doesn't. No facts for Stu, or at least no facts that he likes. Stu tries to hide his lack of facts with a snarky attitude, but everybody knows the truth. Ed has facts and Stu doesn't have any.

Poor Stu.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Philip wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:56 amEd, would you be okay with Pence as president?
Not at all. I absolutely hate the thought of Mike Pence as President. Alas, it's not really up to me. He's the VP. That's how it works.

Doesn't matter, though. If the House impeaches Trump the Senate won't convict him. It will be about the 2020 election, and it will come down to who presents their story better and who the independents believe. That, and a stable economy. If we have a recession the Dems will tie it to the trade war and Trump will be cooked. That would be a heck of a convergence of circumstances, though. If Trump manages not to choke on a chicken wing I expect he'll finish his term.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:52 pm
Byblos wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:22 am Wanna know why I support Trump?

This is why: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clint ... 19380.html .
No. No way. That's just too hypocritical.

Barack Obama won both the popular vote and the electoral college twice. He got no help from any foreign powers. Republicans never accepted him as a legitimate President. Never. Mitch McConnell flat out stated that his primary goal was to block literally every single thing that Obama did with the aim of making him a one term President. Good old boys made lynching memes about him. Donald Trump made a name for himself in conservative circles by pushing the birther conspiracy - that Obama may have won, but he was never eligible to run so he was never a legitimate President. People on the right still say that, largely because the current President pushed birtherism for so long, and still uses it as a dog whistle from time to time. For eight years we listened endless dishonest, ridiculous, asinine attacks on Barack Obama, much of it with an undertone of racism. He was a secret Muslim who hated America. He instituted death panels. His wife was secretly transgender. Lie after lie after lie. Every single day. On, and on, and on, and on, for eight solid years...

And then the same racist, opportunistic, self aggrandizing scumbag who made his name attacking the legitimacy of the sitting President lost the popular vote by three million, but squeaked by in the electoral college - with the help of Russian meddling - and we're supposed to regard him as legitimate? He has no right to even request it. Neither do you.

Seriously, the naked hypocrisy and unmitigated gall of that statement is breathtaking. I've never played the legitimacy card, but that's me trying to stick to issues. It's a courtesy. I don't owe President Donald Trump any more respect or loyalty than he showed to President Barack Obama.
I rest my case.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Byblos wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:12 pmI rest my case.
How about if instead of resting your case you justify your position? What did I say that wasn't factual? You have this tendency to drop a snarky one liner and retire, as if your point was self evidently correct. It wasn't. You can get away with that here on your home court, but that doesn't mean that you said anything.

What did I say that wasn't true?

- Did Obama not win the popular and electoral vote twice?

- Did McConnell not state (on TV) that his primary goal was to ensure that Obama was a one term President?

- Did the GOP not block everything that Obama put forward?

- Did good old boys not make lynching memes?

- Is Trump not a birther?

- Is birtherism not an attack on Obama's legitimacy?

- Did people not claim that Obama was secret Muslim who hated America?

- Did people not claim that Obama instituted death panels?

- Did people not claim that Obama's wife was secretly transgender?

- Did Trump not lose the popular vote by 3 million votes?

- Did he not receive help from the Russian government?

- Is it not hypocritical for a birther to complain about not being seen as a legitimate President, or to ask people to respect the office?

Where am I wrong?