Is impeachment and removal from office possible? What would it take?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Is impeachment and removal from office possible? What would it take?

Post by edwardmurphy »

Alas, the Gray Lady won't let me past her paywall so I can't read the article at the moment.

Here's one of my sources. I'll dig up some more later. More information is never a bad thing.

Anyway, I think the evidence is pretty damning. I suppose it's possible that some of the Founders overlooked the fact that the combination of the EC and the 3/5 rule turned 1 southern white man and 5 slaves into 4 pro-slavery voters, but I doubt it.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:20 am Alas, the Gray Lady won't let me past her paywall so I can't read the article at the moment.

Here's one of my sources. I'll dig up some more later. More information is never a bad thing.

Anyway, I think the evidence is pretty damning. I suppose it's possible that some of the Founders overlooked the fact that the combination of the EC and the 3/5 rule turned 1 southern white man and 5 slaves into 4 pro-slavery voters, but I doubt it.
I don't think the NYT Op Ed is claiming that the 3/5 rule was overlooked.
The 3/5 rule was already established (shamefully) prior to the establishment of the EC.

So according to the NYT op ed, the EC was independent from the establishment of the 3/5 rule.
The historical evidence also shows that the EC did not receive the support of the three most significant pro-slavery states.
And the EC did not result in the election of pro-slavery presidents either.

I don't claim to know everything about the EC or the 3/5 rule, but the NYT op ed presents a pretty compelling argument to demonstrate that the EC was independent from the 3/5 rule and was not a pro-slavery ploy.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:52 pm
RickD wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:13 pm Edwardmurphy,

I have to admit, between you and Ablecainsbrother, ablecainsbrother is looking like the more rational one.
You're always saying stuff like that, but never explaining why you think that. It's odd.

Stu wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm I'll leave this here for Ed...

That'd be a better zinger if there was any truth at all to the claim. And if Trump hadn't partied with Epstein and joked about how ol' Jeff liked 'em young. Or if Trump hadn't bragged about walking into the dressing room while his Miss Teen USA contestants were changing. And if something like two dozen women hadn't accused Trump of sexual assault, and he hadn't bragged about how, yes, he often did precisely what they accused him of. Your guy is a scumbag, and you support him anyway.

Feel free to call me irrational at this point, Rick, but all of that is public record.
You are still pushing Trump conspiracy theories but again all you have is a conspiracy theory without any evidence Trump is a pedophile.We have flight records of people who have flown on Epstien's plane to his island and you won't find Donald Trump's name.You will find names like Bill Clinton who flew on his plane 26 times,plus other Democrats and celebrities but no Donald Trump.This evidence is coming out and unlike you Trump haters who spread lies about Donald Trump hoping something sticks,but it never does,evidence is going to be provided to prove these people are involved with Epstien and it won't be Donald Trump.And we already know what the MSM is going to do when we have these people on video having sex with under age girls.They have already been putting out stories about fake videos,they are trying to get out ahead of the evidence that is going to be coming out and they are going to try to claim these are fake videos,but it will not work.You are irrational accusing Donald Trump of being a pedophile with no evidence.Sure Trump may have liked women but they were not under age.But nobody believes anything you Trump haters say about Donald Trump because you have no credibility.You Trump haters have used up all of your ammo on Trump and now he and his team is going to use their ammo.I'm going to remind you when this happens too because I'm not pushing conspiracy theories like you.I go by evidence to determine the truth.You should try it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm I agree with some of that, Abe. Where we differ is that you want a strongman to come in and fix everything that you think is broken, and I know enough history to understand how that always turns out. You'd trade freedom for security and call it a bargain.
But we already know that Democrat policies do not work and how it has already turned out and it is insane to keep doing things the same way over and over expecting to get different results.I mean,liberals got everything they wanted politically as designed and yet it has been disastrous for the people. So when somebody like Trump comes along who has been singing the same tune for 40 years and offers new ideas,well,it is a no-brainer to go with him,instead of politicians who ran this country into the ground.

A family cannot make it in America and money problems is the number 1 reason for divorce to where now the whole family structure in America has been destroyed and we have single moms,dependent on the government,with no dad in the house,and no hope to ever get out of the rut they are in.We have countries that have been allowed to take advantage of America which in trade inwhich the American tax payer pays for it,not our elected officials who have allowed these countries to make trillions of dollars off of America.If we can stop it our taxes can be so much lower and we can change it to make it family friendly in America,where only one person working can provide easily for the whole family.We put America and the American people first and we can do this easily.Sadly it has became so controversial for Donald Trump to put America and the American people first with the Matrix trying everything it can to keep the status-quo that does not work.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 am We do a lot of things right here BUT also a lot of things wrong, lack of free speech for one thing, our senators NOT being elected is another.
I can understand the theory behind the electoral college and, for a country the size of the US with so few "centers of population", there is a logic of sorts behind it.
I think you guys need electoral reforms, as do we.
My personal favorite would be a MINIMUM percentage of total votes needed for the election to be valid.
EX:
No one can when an election unless they have 51% of the votes, which means that if A) got 42% and B) 35%, that NEITHER would win and that a new election would have to happen.
WHY?
Because this eliminates the idiotic view that voting for crap is better than not voting at all.

The democratic process DESERVES the BEST candidates and voters deserve to vote for someone WORTH voting for.

I would also reform the campain process and pool ALL the money and divide equally among all candidates.
It is going to be interesting to see if the trend in the world keeps happening and Canada votes in the right,instead of liberals in October elections.The world is going red and rejecting liberals and so we'll get to see if Canada is keeping up with the times.This guy right here Dr Steve Turley keeps up with the world trends about how nationalism/populism is spreading around the world and how liberals/the left are losing.
Why Liberals are LOSING the ideological Battle against Nationalists!
https://youtu.be/lGHMmNZWFXk

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Wanna see proof Google is apart of the Deep State and is pushing propaganda? Well look up the definition of nationalism in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and then look and see the tinkering they have done to the definition of nationalism on Google.
Merriam-Webster/Defintion of nationalism
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationalism

And the Definition of Nationalism on Google.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAWA ... skQto-Yz_8

Notice on the Google Definition the words "especially to the exclusion and detriment of a particular nation or people" and separatism,secessionism,isolationism,sectarianism. LOL! It is propaganda!

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

DBowling wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:39 amI don't think the NYT Op Ed is claiming that the 3/5 rule was overlooked.
The 3/5 rule was already established (shamefully) prior to the establishment of the EC.

So according to the NYT op ed, the EC was independent from the establishment of the 3/5 rule.
The historical evidence also shows that the EC did not receive the support of the three most significant pro-slavery states.
And the EC did not result in the election of pro-slavery presidents either.

I don't claim to know everything about the EC or the 3/5 rule, but the NYT op ed presents a pretty compelling argument to demonstrate that the EC was independent from the 3/5 rule and was not a pro-slavery ploy.
I got around the paywall earlier today and you're right, that's a compelling argument. I'd like to read more about it, but you've pretty well convinced me.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:36 pmBut we already know that Democrat policies do not work and how it has already turned out and it is insane to keep doing things the same way over and over expecting to get different results.
Here's an article that breaks down which states contribute the most to the Federal budget and which states collect the most in Federal money. Note that the top ten "donor" states - states that contribute the most to the federal budget and take the least in aid - are overwhelmingly blue. Next, note that the ten states that take the most in federal aid are overwhelmingly red.

Or you could look at this article ranking the US states in a variety of categories. Look at the list for best overall. Notice how many of those states are blue. Then look at the bottom of the list to find the reddest of the red states all crowded together.

It's the same at every level. Here in New Hampshire blue coastal towns are subsidizing red inland towns. In Texas, Florida, and New York (to name a few examples of many) blue cities are subsidizing red rural areas. And in the United States of America blue states are subsidizing red ones. Somehow or other the failing libtards with their stupid, worthless, discredited policies keep having to help the the most staunchly Republican areas pay their bills.

Reality has a tendency to be the exact opposite of what you believe.
Last edited by edwardmurphy on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:47 pmNotice on the Google Definition the words "especially to the exclusion and detriment of a particular nation or people" and separatism,secessionism,isolationism,sectarianism. LOL! It is propaganda!
Google's definition and list of synonyms are just fine.

Basque nationalists in Spain have been pursuing a separatist agenda for decades. Scottish nationalists have been trying to secede from the United Kingdom for at least a hundred years. The ultranationalist Tokugawa Shogunate tried to protect the cultural purity and independence of Japan by rigidly enforcing a policy of extreme isolationism for well over 200 years. When Irish people refer to "the Troubles" they're talking about a 30 year period of sectarian violence between the Nationalists and the Unionists. I think those synonyms check out okay.

When you love your country it's called "patriotism." "Nationalism" is when you think that your country is better than all the rest and you're happy to put your boot to the ass of anyone who sees it differently. Being a patriot is a virtue. Patrick Henry was a patriot. Being a nationalist is a character flaw. Adolf Hitler was a nationalist.

The reason that you take offense to Google's definition is that you've aligned yourself with radical right wing nationalists. They're working hard to cleanse the word "nationalism" of its negative connotations because they don't like being seen as the bad guys. You're literally accusing Google of spreading propaganda because they're not spreading the alt-right propaganda that you want to hear.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:13 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:47 pmNotice on the Google Definition the words "especially to the exclusion and detriment of a particular nation or people" and separatism,secessionism,isolationism,sectarianism. LOL! It is propaganda!
Google's definition and list of synonyms are just fine.

Basque nationalists in Spain have been pursuing a separatist agenda for decades. Scottish nationalists have been trying to secede from the United Kingdom for at least a hundred years. The ultranationalist Tokugawa Shogunate tried to protect the cultural purity and independence of Japan by rigidly enforcing a policy of extreme isolationism for well over 200 years. When Irish people refer to "the Troubles" they're talking about a 30 year period of sectarian violence between the Nationalists and the Unionists. I think those synonyms check out okay.

When you love your country it's called "patriotism." "Nationalism" is when you think that your country is better than all the rest and you're happy to put your boot to the ass of anyone who sees it differently. Being a patriot is a virtue. Patrick Henry was a patriot. Being a nationalist is a character flaw. Adolf Hitler was a nationalist.

The reason that you take offense to Google's definition is that you've aligned yourself with radical right wing nationalists. They're working hard to cleanse the word "nationalism" of its negative connotations because they don't like being seen as the bad guys. You're literally accusing Google of spreading propaganda because they're not spreading the alt-right propaganda that you want to hear.
You're propagandized.There is nothing radical about being a nationalist at all and there is no way a person could uphold and defend the US Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic and not be a nationalist.It would be treasonous to not be a nationalist. Also Google tampered with the definition because of Trump because they work for the Deep state and are for globalism,and are against nationalism.You have been propagandized to be a globalist shill,which is why you think Nationalism is a threat.Also I get my news from the Alt-right and I've been a lot more right than you and it is going to continue because unlike the propagandists you read and listen to the alt-right values evidence and values doing the investigative work the propaganda MSM refuses to do.Now the news the alt-right was talking about years ago is now going into the mainstream news slowly.Like Jeffrey Epstien and child sex trafficking,pizza gate, and pedophile sex rings and government officials being involved with it. All coming out in the mainstream now.

Here is an example.Painting of Bill Clinton in blue dress and heels was inside Jeffrey Epstein's NYC mansion.Keep in mind flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on Epstein's plane to his island 26 times.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/a-larg ... on-reports

DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pm Also I get my news from the Alt-right and I've been a lot more right than you...
Is she dead yet? :P
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pmAlso Google tampered with the definition because of Trump because they work for the Deep state and are for globalism,and are against nationalism.
No, Abe, they didn't. Your claim is absurd.

Trump is a self-described nationalist. The phrase "identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations" perfectly encapsulates his view of the world. As we speak we're involved in a trade war with China because Trump is looking to get a big win by forcing China to agree to a deal that supports our interests and is detrimental to theirs. There's literally a perfect example of the appropriateness of that definition right in front of you, but you can't see it. Amazing.

Regarding your frustration with the synonyms separatism, secessionism, isolationism, and sectarianism, those words are related to the second definition of nationalism - "advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people." Some words have multiple meanings, or nuances that are only apparent when seen in context.

And now, because you are you, I will prove that my multiple definitions claim is true, and not just the ravings of a deranged leftist. Behold a word with multiple meanings:
dog
/dôɡ/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: dog; plural noun: dogs
a domesticated carnivorous mammal that typically has a long snout, an acute sense of smell, nonretractable claws, and a barking, howling, or whining voice.
synonyms: hound, canine, mongrel, cur, tyke; More
a wild animal of the dog family.
the male of an animal of the dog family, or of some other mammals such as the otter.
"a dog fox"
INFORMAL
a person regarded as unpleasant, contemptible, or wicked (used as a term of abuse).
"come out, Michael, you dog!"
DATED
used to refer to a person of a specified kind in a tone of playful reproof, commiseration, or congratulation.
"you lucky dog!"
used in various phrases to refer to someone who is abject or miserable, especially because they have been treated harshly.
"I make him work like a dog"
INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE
a woman regarded as unattractive.
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
a thing of poor quality; a failure.
"a dog of a movie"
a mechanical device for gripping.
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
feet.
"if only I could sit down and rest my tired dogs"
short for firedog.
verb
verb: dog; 3rd person present: dogs; past tense: dogged; past participle: dogged; gerund or present participle: dogging
follow (someone or their movements) closely and persistently.
"photographers seemed to dog her every step"
synonyms: pursue, follow, stalk, track, trail, shadow, hound; More
(of a problem) cause continual trouble for.
"their finance committee has been dogged by controversy"
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
act lazily; fail to try one's hardest.
grip (something) with a mechanical device.
"she has dogged the door shut"
Let's get back to nationalism. See, the first meaning - identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations - describes Sideshow Don's nationalism, muddled and inconsistent though it may be. The second definition - advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people - accurately describes the nationalism of the Basque separatist, Scottish secessionist, Japanese isolationist, and Irish sectarian that I mentioned in my last post. Same word, slightly different meanings. Get it?

I can't believe that I'm sitting here at midnight, trying to teach you how words work, knowing full well that it's completely hopeless. I'm kind of a moron.

Anyway, and in conclusion, the problem isn't Google and propaganda, it's the fact that you don't understand how dictionaries work.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

DBowling wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:29 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pm Also I get my news from the Alt-right and I've been a lot more right than you...
Is she dead yet? :P
Well I always held to the fact that the pictures and videos the MSM showed claiming she returned to the Supreme Court were year old pictures and videos not current pictures and videos as people in the alt-right media proved this. Yet,you believed the reports she was back on the Supreme Court based on what the MSM said and based on year old pictures and video.Just think about that.I still think we do not know if she is alive or dead and back at work on the Supreme Court,but I never said she was dead. I saw no evidence to say either way.However it is perfectly reasonable for those who claimed she is dead to believe it based on the credibility of the MSM.As you know who sits on the bench of the Supreme Court is very important and you know how important it is to liberals and the MSM and so it is perfectly believable they would put on a show for the people to fool people into thinking she is back at work on the Supreme Court,when she really is'nt.I will say this that even when it comes to the alt-right media there are ones i Trust more than others and I have had to weed out the bad ones to the good ones,overtime. But the alt-right media is the news now as Q said,especially the Q anons.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:52 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pmAlso Google tampered with the definition because of Trump because they work for the Deep state and are for globalism,and are against nationalism.
No, Abe, they didn't. Your claim is absurd.

Trump is a self-described nationalist. The phrase "identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations" perfectly encapsulates his view of the world. As we speak we're involved in a trade war with China because Trump is looking to get a big win by forcing China to agree to a deal that supports our interests and is detrimental to theirs. There's literally a perfect example of the appropriateness of that definition right in front of you, but you can't see it. Amazing.

Regarding your frustration with the synonyms separatism, secessionism, isolationism, and sectarianism, those words are related to the second definition of nationalism - "advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people." Some words have multiple meanings, or nuances that are only apparent when seen in context.

And now, because you are you, I will prove that my multiple definitions claim is true, and not just the ravings of a deranged leftist. Behold a word with multiple meanings:
dog
/dôɡ/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: dog; plural noun: dogs
a domesticated carnivorous mammal that typically has a long snout, an acute sense of smell, nonretractable claws, and a barking, howling, or whining voice.
synonyms: hound, canine, mongrel, cur, tyke; More
a wild animal of the dog family.
the male of an animal of the dog family, or of some other mammals such as the otter.
"a dog fox"
INFORMAL
a person regarded as unpleasant, contemptible, or wicked (used as a term of abuse).
"come out, Michael, you dog!"
DATED
used to refer to a person of a specified kind in a tone of playful reproof, commiseration, or congratulation.
"you lucky dog!"
used in various phrases to refer to someone who is abject or miserable, especially because they have been treated harshly.
"I make him work like a dog"
INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE
a woman regarded as unattractive.
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
a thing of poor quality; a failure.
"a dog of a movie"
a mechanical device for gripping.
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
feet.
"if only I could sit down and rest my tired dogs"
short for firedog.
verb
verb: dog; 3rd person present: dogs; past tense: dogged; past participle: dogged; gerund or present participle: dogging
follow (someone or their movements) closely and persistently.
"photographers seemed to dog her every step"
synonyms: pursue, follow, stalk, track, trail, shadow, hound; More
(of a problem) cause continual trouble for.
"their finance committee has been dogged by controversy"
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
act lazily; fail to try one's hardest.
grip (something) with a mechanical device.
"she has dogged the door shut"
Let's get back to nationalism. See, the first meaning - identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations - describes Sideshow Don's nationalism, muddled and inconsistent though it may be. The second definition - advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people - accurately describes the nationalism of the Basque separatist, Scottish secessionist, Japanese isolationist, and Irish sectarian that I mentioned in my last post. Same word, slightly different meanings. Get it?

I can't believe that I'm sitting here at midnight, trying to teach you how words work, knowing full well that it's completely hopeless. I'm kind of a moron.

Anyway, and in conclusion, the problem isn't Google and propaganda, it's the fact that you don't understand how dictionaries work.
But people in the alt-right proved Google tampered with the definition of nationalism since Trump was elected proving it is propaganda,this is one reason I mentioned it.They have the defintion Google used before Trump and the definition they now have I showed you and you're trying to spin for them and are a globalist shill defending China's instead of the USA after China has been ripping off America in trade for years and are still trying to do.Trump is not an isolationist as you suggest and the Google definition suggests as he is establishing trade deals with many countries around the world and so it is not isolationism. Did you know tariffs funded the whole US Government before there was an income tax?

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Did ya'll know Q called out Alex Jones as a fake and pointed out he is associated with Mossad?