This can't be good!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

This can't be good!

Post by Philip »

Any ongoing collaboration, that is!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-an ... he-counter
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: This can't be good!

Post by edwardmurphy »

Those are two good pieces of legislation. I might have to think about considering the possibility of maybe revising my opinion of Ted Cruz. Also, the beard makes him look a lot less like a newbie shapeshifter that can't quite do human faces.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

They make a cute couple, like Boris and Natasha.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm Those are two good pieces of legislation. I might have to think about considering the possibility of maybe revising my opinion of Ted Cruz. Also, the beard makes him look a lot less like a newbie shapeshifter that can't quite do human faces.
I would agree with that legislation.
Birth control should be over the counter.
That said, I do understand WHY it isn't since doctors REALLY want to monitor when women play around with their natural cycles.

I think that women should ALWAYS consul their GP when they are on the pill.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am
edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm Those are two good pieces of legislation. I might have to think about considering the possibility of maybe revising my opinion of Ted Cruz. Also, the beard makes him look a lot less like a newbie shapeshifter that can't quite do human faces.
I would agree with that legislation.
That said, I do understand WHY it isn't since doctors REALLY want to monitor when women play around with their natural cycles.

I think that women should ALWAYS consul their GP when they are on the pill.
Birth control is cheap, and accessible at any Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, grocery store, convenience store, etc.

Don't you realize how cheap a box of condoms is?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

AOC needs to show Cruz how to make a nice knot on his necktie.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 pm AOC needs to show Cruz how to make a nice knot on his necktie.
Is that some kind of poor French Canadian humour?

Does your wife drive the Stingray, or is she afraid of it like she's afraid to drive the Winnebago?

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Fliegender wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 pm AOC needs to show Cruz how to make a nice knot on his necktie.
Is that some kind of poor French Canadian humour?

Does your wife drive the Stingray, or is she afraid of it like she's afraid to drive the Winnebago?
What’s with you and Canadians?

My wife drives the Stingray, the Winnebago and the John Deere.

Does your wife share your bus pass or does she have her own?

:shijacked:
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FLiegender wrote:
My wife stays in the kitchen.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:42 pm
FLiegender wrote:
Making reuben sandwiches?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:59 pm
FLiegender wrote:
No, my wife is of French Canadian descent. She's too rude to make sandwiches.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

FLiegender wrote:
Oh, you’re from UK. Do you have a Vauxhall?

(And what does any of this have to do with Cruz’ bad tie knot?)
-John Stuart Mill
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 pm
FLiegender wrote:
Oh, you’re from UK. Do you have a Vauxhall?

(And what does any of this have to do with Cruz’ bad tie knot?)
Yes, Im from the UK.
A Vauxhall? My ex had a hand painted vauxhall viva. We had a family of mice living in the boot.

Us brits are rather good at tie knotting coincidentally.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 amI would agree with that legislation.

I think that women should ALWAYS consult their GP when they are on the pill.
Of course they should, but this isn't Canada.

In the US healthcare isn't a right, it's a privilege. Most of us get it from our employers, but according to a recent LA Times report many of them are struggling with huge deductibles.
In the last 12 years, annual deductibles in job-based health plans have nearly quadrupled and now average more than $1,300.

Yet Americans' savings are not keeping pace, data show. And more than four in 10 workers enrolled in a high-deductible plan report they don't have enough savings to cover the deductible.

One in six Americans who get insurance through their jobs say they've had to make "difficult sacrifices" to pay for healthcare in the last year, including cutting back on food, moving in with friends or family, or taking extra jobs. And one in five say healthcare costs have eaten up all or most of their savings.
We also had the asinine Hobby Lobby SCOTUS decision a few years back that allowed many employers to eliminate birth control from their employees' healthcare coverage. So here in the US there are women with health insurance who can't go to the doctor because their deductibles are too high and they can't cover the cost, and who would have to pay out of pocket for birthcontrol anyway because their bosses are meddlesome, religious conservative prudes.

For the women that don't have health insurance their best bet to get the pill is often Planned Parenthood, but since that organization is also an abortion provider the anti-choice folks are always doing their level best to defund it. Consequently Planned Parenthood's ability to provide critical services like birth control, prenatal care, and the like is inconsistent.

So anyway, I agree that women should consult their doctors before going on the pill, but this is America. A lot of them can't.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 pm
PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 amI would agree with that legislation.

I think that women should ALWAYS consult their GP when they are on the pill.
Of course they should, but this isn't Canada.

In the US healthcare isn't a right, it's a privilege. Most of us get it from our employers, but according to a recent LA Times report many of them are struggling with huge deductibles.
In the last 12 years, annual deductibles in job-based health plans have nearly quadrupled and now average more than $1,300.

Yet Americans' savings are not keeping pace, data show. And more than four in 10 workers enrolled in a high-deductible plan report they don't have enough savings to cover the deductible.

One in six Americans who get insurance through their jobs say they've had to make "difficult sacrifices" to pay for healthcare in the last year, including cutting back on food, moving in with friends or family, or taking extra jobs. And one in five say healthcare costs have eaten up all or most of their savings.
We also had the asinine Hobby Lobby SCOTUS decision a few years back that allowed many employers to eliminate birth control from their employees' healthcare coverage. So here in the US there are women with health insurance who can't go to the doctor because their deductibles are too high and they can't cover the cost, and who would have to pay out of pocket for birthcontrol anyway because their bosses are meddlesome, religious conservative prudes.

For the women that don't have health insurance their best bet to get the pill is often Planned Parenthood, but since that organization is also an abortion provider the anti-choice folks are always doing their level best to defund it. Consequently Planned Parenthood's ability to provide critical services like birth control, prenatal care, and the like is inconsistent.

So anyway, I agree that women should consult their doctors before going on the pill, but this is America. A lot of them can't.
And suddenly...

Stu's posts are actually starting to sound reasonable, in comparison...

-Edward R Murrow