men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 1Djwr9vw84
This isn't the only link I've seen.

As a young man I've noticed a lot of anti-male crap out there. We all have.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

Post by PaulSacramento »

I feel sorry for you younger guys.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 pmAs a young man I've noticed a lot of anti-male crap out there. We all have.
To be fair, there's also a lot of anti-female crap out there, and there always has been. The anti-male crap stands out because it's new. My position on that matter is summed up in my signature.

I think that the angry, man-hating feminists and the whining Incels and GGTOW folks (with the first G referring to guys, as opposed to gamers or gays) pretty much cancel each other out. I also think that most young people are getting along perfectly well. The internet amplifies the voices of the outliers and extremists, making them seem far more common than they actually are.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Ed: The internet amplifies the voices of the outliers and extremists, making them seem far more common than they actually are.
Actually, that is true across most media outlets and types - as all they are giving us are snapshots of various things happening in specific places. But it doesn't mean that widespread media-slanted and cherrypicked stories truly reflect the dominant reality across the country. Because media and any source of information reaching millions amplifies EVERYTHING beyond it's true context and extent. So, we all gotta remember this, as politicians are masters at seizing upon and capitalizing upon such snapshots as being indicative to the actual reality, while shaping them to whatever narrative they find strategically helpful! We are constantly being manipulated, so it's often hard to know for certain, the extent of a media or internet story.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 am
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 pmAs a young man I've noticed a lot of anti-male crap out there. We all have.
To be fair, there's also a lot of anti-female crap out there, and there always has been. The anti-male crap stands out because it's new. My position on that matter is summed up in my signature.

I think that the angry, man-hating feminists and the whining Incels and GGTOW folks (with the first G referring to guys, as opposed to gamers or gays) pretty much cancel each other out. I also think that most young people are getting along perfectly well. The internet amplifies the voices of the outliers and extremists, making them seem far more common than they actually are.
There is far more anti-male crap than anti-female stuff PUBLICLY demonstrated.
I mean, when was the last anti-female commercial you saw?
As for anti-male, well...

I laugh a bit when people bring up "the patriarchy" and silliness like that HERE in western civilization ( less so, of course, in the east and Africa).
Yeah, women have never had any say in things, yeah, the vagina holds no influence at all !

LOL
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 am

Yea I agree, except the anti-male stuff has always existed to some degree. But certainly not as much as it is now. Also, men and women used to respect each other despite the hardship and injustices each gender faced. But now, thanks to stuff like radical feminism, and even the sexual revolution, that respect has been torn to some extent.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 amYeah, women have never had any say in things, yeah, the vagina holds no influence at all !
It's true, here in the West the wife owns the vagina, not the husband.

That's been true since the founding of our republic the 1970s in most of the US, 1985 in New York and Alabama, and 1993 in Oklahoma and North Carolina. It's been the case in Canada since 1983.

Prior to those dates spousal rape wasn't a crime in those places. In other words, the wife may have carried the vagina around with her, but it was the husband's to use as he saw fit, wherever and whenever he pleased. If "no" was in the wife's vocabulary it was because the husband allowed it to be.

Was there ever a time when straight, white, American men had that little physical autonomy? I can't think of one.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Close to 100% of all men, come from a woman.

Deal with that!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:42 pm Close to 100% of all men, come from a woman.

Deal with that!
And men help create and provide for that kid.
Your point?
Also the idea that women can hit men but not so for the reverse in the name of equality is foolish. No one should hit anyone unless for a darn good reason.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 am
PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 amYeah, women have never had any say in things, yeah, the vagina holds no influence at all !
It's true, here in the West the wife owns the vagina, not the husband.

That's been true since the founding of our republic the 1970s in most of the US, 1985 in New York and Alabama, and 1993 in Oklahoma and North Carolina. It's been the case in Canada since 1983.

Prior to those dates spousal rape wasn't a crime in those places. In other words, the wife may have carried the vagina around with her, but it was the husband's to use as he saw fit, wherever and whenever he pleased. If "no" was in the wife's vocabulary it was because the husband allowed it to be.

Was there ever a time when straight, white, American men had that little physical autonomy? I can't think of one.
I talk about worldwide. Not just America.
What is your opinion on matriarchies sir? There were some time and again, some of those treated their men rather poorly from what I understand while others were more fair. Also what about male rape? That exists, there are many sites proving it happens and it often goes unreported. Not to mention prison rape....
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

That kid wrote:
And men help create and provide for that kid.
Hey, that's your name!
Also the idea that women can hit men but not so for the reverse in the name of equality is foolish. No one should hit anyone unless for a darn good reason.
My wife can't hit me. I'm a puny little man. And my wife is 6 ft 5 in tall, and 350 lbs. she was an East German Olympic power lifter. She'd kill me, if she hit me.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pmWhat is your opinion on matriarchies sir?
I can't think of any.
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pmThere were some time and again, some of those treated their men rather poorly from what I understand while others were more fair.
Find me one, and then I guess we can look into how they treated their men.
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pmAlso what about male rape? That exists, there are many sites proving it happens and it often goes unreported. Not to mention prison rape....
Those are crimes, kid. They've always been crimes. If reported they're investigated and the perpetrators are charged. So yes, it's true that men can be the victims of crimes, but when has it ever been legal to rape them?

As recently as 1993 there were places in the US where spousal rape wasn't a crime. Reporting it did no good because it was legal. There was no justice to be had because no law had been violated.

See the difference?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:57 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pmWhat is your opinion on matriarchies sir?
I can't think of any.
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pmThere were some time and again, some of those treated their men rather poorly from what I understand while others were more fair.
Find me one, and then I guess we can look into how they treated their men.
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pmAlso what about male rape? That exists, there are many sites proving it happens and it often goes unreported. Not to mention prison rape....
Those are crimes, kid. They've always been crimes. If reported they're investigated and the perpetrators are charged. So yes, it's true that men can be the victims of crimes, but when has it ever been legal to rape them?

As recently as 1993 there were places in the US where spousal rape wasn't a crime. Reporting it did no good because it was legal. There was no justice to be had because no law had been violated.

See the difference?
It's overlooked more if it happens to a man. https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/us/i ... ctims.html for instance
Yes, I've heard about spousal rape before.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:40 pm My wife can't hit me. I'm a puny little man. And my wife is 6 ft 5 in tall, and 350 lbs. she was an East German Olympic power lifter. She'd kill me, if she hit me.
I do like nice tempered amazons...