State of emergency?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8278
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 619 times

Re: State of emergency?

#61

Post by Philip » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 am

And we should ask these questions about anything shown to be false or deliberately misleading:

Why would ________________ be spreading misinformation about ____________?

If this source or sources is lying about _______, then what other lies and misinformation are those same sources propagating?

Because once we buy in to believing a source is trustworthy, we can be misled into likewise trusting whatever its output or assertions might be - and this is true of virtually every human institution, club, political party, etc. So, EVERYTHING put forward should be considered ONLY on its own merits, facts, and what can be substantiated as true. And NO source is always perfect. And most sources have some sort of agenda. And so when something crops up that is true or right, yet is seen as an inconvenience or obstacle to whatever source's agenda, then the temptation is to either go around it, ignore it, disingenuously dismiss it, or make false assertions about it. And this is how good people and organizations become corrupted - as they often fail to deal with reality, or they fail to show equal and appropriate criticism of people and organizations they tend to favor or normally agree with. If our political parties would include more people who are willing to admit mistakes, criticize their own colleagues or favorites wherever warranted, we'd not see near the cronyism and corruption we have. And when our opponents are correct - even if we disagree with them on most other topics - we should acknowledge it when and where they are correct! But people like to, almost blindly, fall in lockstep, group-think agreement with their friends, favored peers, or favorite organizations - no matter what. And, sadly, that is human nature 101!

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4909
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: State of emergency?

#62

Post by abelcainsbrother » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:28 pm

DBowling wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm saying that we do not know if she is alive or dead but I believe she is dead and the media is keeping her alive.
This is a very clear example of the point I'm making.
There are a number of statements that you made in your previous post that are simply not true.
But I am focusing on your belief that RBG is dead as the most easily refutable (since she was seen in public in her seat in the Supreme Court last Tuesday).

You are getting and posting information from sources that propagate misinformation and 'fake news'. And when you repeat their claims you take part in the propagation of misinformation and 'fake news'.
RBG is an easy one, because she has been seen multiple times in public recently.

So the question at hand is...
Who has convinced you that RBG is dead?
Why would they be spreading misinformation that RBG is dead?
If this source or sources is lying about RBG, then what other lies and misinformation are those same sources propagating?
What statements have I made that are not true? First I was the one who told you all Trump already had the money set aside for the wall.I've now been proven correect.But the problem is you relying on a false news narrative.I don't mean this is an a bad way because it is hard to stay informed on the news. But the news media is admitting Trump already had the money and is using it to build the wall,which you have a problem with right now. But it is because the news media is not telling the truth about it about how President Trump used an executive order `Obama signed into law to obtain the money.They are not doing this because Obama talked about border security and signed this executive order back in 2011 and they have been pushing this idea that Trump is manufacturing a crisis. So they cannot now explain the truth about Obama's executive order Trump used to obtain the money for the wall. I was proven correct about this and even you are admitting that Trump allocated funds to do it,yet you do not have complete information.

As far as RBG I said I need proof and I do and until I see it I'm not going to believe what the media says. It shocks me how as a conservative you claim to be you suddenly act like there is no bias in the media.I think it is because you've never really liked President Trump. Alsp you should know that I stay informed about the Trump movement and despite if you believe it or not I know that it is all about restoring law and order in America and honoring the Constitution and exposing those and prosecuting those who are traitors,giving the power back to the people,less government,freedom,liberty God and country. It is not at all like you imply.

But you know what? We are winning too,We are kicking the Deep States butt and we love it and we are just normal every day Americans fed up with the political BS in both parties for the last 40 years or so.I realize you are not there yet to realize it yet but you will eventually and you'll be blessed and alot better off because of the work Trump supporters did to free our country from Deep State corruption.To us we do not see political parties Republican or Democrat,etc,we see this as a war for Good or Evil.Every day Trump and the patriots who support him are gaining more and more power over the Deep State,we have set backs,but we are winning.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: State of emergency?

#63

Post by DBowling » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:41 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:28 pm
DBowling wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm saying that we do not know if she is alive or dead but I believe she is dead and the media is keeping her alive.
This is a very clear example of the point I'm making.
There are a number of statements that you made in your previous post that are simply not true.
But I am focusing on your belief that RBG is dead as the most easily refutable (since she was seen in public in her seat in the Supreme Court last Tuesday).

You are getting and posting information from sources that propagate misinformation and 'fake news'. And when you repeat their claims you take part in the propagation of misinformation and 'fake news'.
RBG is an easy one, because she has been seen multiple times in public recently.

So the question at hand is...
Who has convinced you that RBG is dead?
Why would they be spreading misinformation that RBG is dead?
If this source or sources is lying about RBG, then what other lies and misinformation are those same sources propagating?
What statements have I made that are not true? First I was the one who told you all Trump already had the money set aside for the wall.
That's untrue...
Trump does not have all the funds that he wants for the wall set aside yets, for the simple fact that Congress has only allocated 1.3 billion for the wall.
And Trump has not yet identified where he is going to reallocate funds from to get the total amount that he wants to spend on the wall.
Whoever told you that is giving you more misinformation and 'fake news'.
But the news media is admitting Trump already had the money and is using it to build the wall
That is partially true.
But the money that Trump has already identified is not nearly the amount that he wants to spend on the wall.
But it is because the news media is not telling the truth about it about how President Trump used an executive order
Is Andrew Napolitano not telling the truth when he describes how Trump is violating the Constitution's separation of powers?
Is Andrew Napolitano part of the MSM?

Part of the false narrative that you continue to propagate is the assertion that everyone who disagrees with Trump is brainwashed by the MSM. That is more misinformation from the sources of information that you regularly depend on.
As far as RBG I said I need proof and I do and until I see it I'm not going to believe what the media says.
Again, there is no rational reason to doubt that RBG is alive.
She was seen in public in the Supreme Court last Tuesday and she was engaged and asking questions.
It doesn't take much effort to validate that. And no one who was actually at the Supreme Court is claiming that RBG wasn't there.

The simple fact that you are even entertaining the possibility that RBG is dead shows that you are getting information from some sources that have no interest in reality or the truth.
This is not a hard one to validate.
Which brings me back to my point.

Why do you continue to propagate misinformation and 'fake news' from sources of information that repeatedly show themselves to be dishonest and unreliable?
It shocks me how as a conservative you claim to be you suddenly act like there is no bias in the media.
Unfortunately, it doesn't shock me that you would make a blatantly untrue statement about me.
I have never claimed that there is no bias in the media.
In fact I've said just the opposite.
So your statement about me is simply untrue.

I acknowledge that there is a lot of bias and misinformation that comes out of the media.
But the Trump propaganda machine has also made an art form out of misinformation and 'fake news'.

Which is why Phillip's advice is so relevant to this topic.
It is wise to check the reliability of sources and do your best to verify claims from any source before you buy into them 'hook line and sinker'
Also you should know that I stay informed about the Trump movement and despite if you believe it or not I know that it is all about restoring law and order in America and honoring the Constitution
Trump regularly attacks the Judicial system and Law enforcement agencies whenever they call out or look too closely into his corrupt behavior.
And as Andrew Napolitano of Fox News points out, Trump's attempt to use a state of emergency as a ruse to sidestep Congress' Constitutional power of the purse is a direct violation of the Constitution's separation of powers.
IMHO... a person does not even have to depend on the MSM to realize that Trump is no friend of either the Constitution or Law and Order.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4909
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: State of emergency?

#64

Post by abelcainsbrother » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm

DBowling wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:41 pm
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:28 pm
DBowling wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm saying that we do not know if she is alive or dead but I believe she is dead and the media is keeping her alive.
This is a very clear example of the point I'm making.
There are a number of statements that you made in your previous post that are simply not true.
But I am focusing on your belief that RBG is dead as the most easily refutable (since she was seen in public in her seat in the Supreme Court last Tuesday).

You are getting and posting information from sources that propagate misinformation and 'fake news'. And when you repeat their claims you take part in the propagation of misinformation and 'fake news'.
RBG is an easy one, because she has been seen multiple times in public recently.

So the question at hand is...
Who has convinced you that RBG is dead?
Why would they be spreading misinformation that RBG is dead?
If this source or sources is lying about RBG, then what other lies and misinformation are those same sources propagating?
What statements have I made that are not true? First I was the one who told you all Trump already had the money set aside for the wall.
That's untrue...
Trump does not have all the funds that he wants for the wall set aside yets, for the simple fact that Congress has only allocated 1.3 billion for the wall.
And Trump has not yet identified where he is going to reallocate funds from to get the total amount that he wants to spend on the wall.
Whoever told you that is giving you more misinformation and 'fake news'.
But the news media is admitting Trump already had the money and is using it to build the wall
That is partially true.
But the money that Trump has already identified is not nearly the amount that he wants to spend on the wall.
But it is because the news media is not telling the truth about it about how President Trump used an executive order
Is Andrew Napolitano not telling the truth when he describes how Trump is violating the Constitution's separation of powers?
Is Andrew Napolitano part of the MSM?

Part of the false narrative that you continue to propagate is the assertion that everyone who disagrees with Trump is brainwashed by the MSM. That is more misinformation from the sources of information that you regularly depend on.
As far as RBG I said I need proof and I do and until I see it I'm not going to believe what the media says.
Again, there is no rational reason to doubt that RBG is alive.
She was seen in public in the Supreme Court last Tuesday and she was engaged and asking questions.
It doesn't take much effort to validate that. And no one who was actually at the Supreme Court is claiming that RBG wasn't there.

The simple fact that you are even entertaining the possibility that RBG is dead shows that you are getting information from some sources that have no interest in reality or the truth.
This is not a hard one to validate.
Which brings me back to my point.

Why do you continue to propagate misinformation and 'fake news' from sources of information that repeatedly show themselves to be dishonest and unreliable?
It shocks me how as a conservative you claim to be you suddenly act like there is no bias in the media.
Unfortunately, it doesn't shock me that you would make a blatantly untrue statement about me.
I have never claimed that there is no bias in the media.
In fact I've said just the opposite.
So your statement about me is simply untrue.

I acknowledge that there is a lot of bias and misinformation that comes out of the media.
But the Trump propaganda machine has also made an art form out of misinformation and 'fake news'.

Which is why Phillip's advice is so relevant to this topic.
It is wise to check the reliability of sources and do your best to verify claims from any source before you buy into them 'hook line and sinker'
Also you should know that I stay informed about the Trump movement and despite if you believe it or not I know that it is all about restoring law and order in America and honoring the Constitution
Trump regularly attacks the Judicial system and Law enforcement agencies whenever they call out or look too closely into his corrupt behavior.
And as Andrew Napolitano of Fox News points out, Trump's attempt to use a state of emergency as a ruse to sidestep Congress' Constitutional power of the purse is a direct violation of the Constitution's separation of powers.
IMHO... a person does not even have to depend on the MSM to realize that Trump is no friend of either the Constitution or Law and Order.
I wish you would give examples of fake news I have spread because I get my news from very reliable sources in the alternative right media.I realize you may not believe some of the things I've said but they will happen and I'll be proven correct again.You are acting like there is no bias in the media by believing false things the media reports. I want to make it clear,re-read this again. I never said RBG is dead but what shocks me is how you can discount my contention the news media is keeping her alive by posting old video's of her but saying that they are new videos of her. I mean you know how important the Suprme Court is to the media and Democrats I mean it is where they win on issues by side stepping the voters and by judicial fiat we get Transgender bathrooms.How come Democrats can't run on this issue? How come they don't put it to a vote and let the people decide? The bottom line is the Supreme Court has been in Democrat control since Roe vs Wade atleast.And yet you honestly do not think they would keep her alive to prevent Trump from nominating another conservative Supreme Court judge on the bench? Believe what you want about her and we'll see who is right.I'm simply going on the notion to believe the opposite of what the MSM says and so I do not believe them.

Trump has every right to call out the judges and corrupt intelligence agencies.They are trying to strip the President of his executive powers he has as President,which is treason and there are corrupt people in the FBI and CIA,NSA,etc that committed Sedition against President Trump with this fake Russia collusion mess inwhich they got a fake dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign,went to the FISA court and got a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign,knowing the dossier was fake and there was no evidence of Russia collusion,but they were given a warrant anyway to spy on the Trump campaign illegally in order to remove him from office.Andrew McCabe recently admitted to sedition being stupid talking about how they discussed removing Trump using the 25th amendment.This is Sedition a real Federal Crime and they will be prosecuted for it. But yet you think that Trump does not have the right to fight back and call them out? Why not? Does not make any sense. And you should be as angry at liberal judges as President Trump is.He is slowly removing them and replacing them.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8278
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 619 times

Re: State of emergency?

#65

Post by Philip » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Seriously, Abel, you aren't sure RGB is alive? :roll:

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4909
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: State of emergency?

#66

Post by abelcainsbrother » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Philip wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:22 pm
Seriously, Abel, you aren't sure RGB is alive? :roll:
I said I don't believe the news media and I need proof before I believe it.You know I have said believe the opposite of what the news media reports and it is what I'm doing until I know for sure.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

DBowling
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: State of emergency?

#67

Post by DBowling » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 am

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm
I wish you would give examples of fake news I have spread
RBG is dead...
I get my news from very reliable sources in the alternative right media.
Don't you think that perpetuating a known lie (ie RBG is dead) speaks to the reliability of the alt right media?
And if through either ignorance or deliberate deceit the alt right media is spreading misinformation, why do you consider them to be a 'reliable' source of information?

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: State of emergency?

#68

Post by Stu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:04 am

DBowling wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm
I wish you would give examples of fake news I have spread
RBG is dead...
I get my news from very reliable sources in the alternative right media.
Don't you think that perpetuating a known lie (ie RBG is dead) speaks to the reliability of the alt right media?
And if through either ignorance or deliberate deceit the alt right media is spreading misinformation, why do you consider them to be a 'reliable' source of information?
Uum I follow the independent media closely and none of them so far have said that RBG is dead or anything like that. I haven't seen a headline like that.

Which independent media are you following abe?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: State of emergency?

#69

Post by edwardmurphy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Abe gets his news from Reddit, Twitter, and Youtube.

The lead up to RBG being declared dead went something like this:

Back in January Fox and Friends aired this graphic:

Image

They apologized a few minutes later and said that, as far as they knew, RBG was alive and recovering from surgery.

It might have been an honest mistake (they issued a retraction within minutes) but that doesn't matter. The QAnon conspiracy conspiracy theorists, who have come to identify FOX News as just another mainstream news outlet, saw the graphic, saw the retraction, and gleefully declared that FOX and Friends had given away the game. They immediately posted it to Reddit, where it was picked up by people like Linda Paris, who folded it into the rest of the Youtube conspiracy crackpotter like so:



Eventually it filtered down to people like Abe.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

Before you ask why ask if.

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exist.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21195
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: State of emergency?

#70

Post by RickD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Ed,

You need to keep an open mind. Maybe RBG did die, and the guy from this thread resurrected her.

Keep an eye on the obvious. Sheesh!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Fliegender
Established Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Epsilon eridani
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: State of emergency?

#71

Post by Fliegender » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Image

how can someone look this good at such an advanced age?
Money can’t buy happiness but it’s better to be depressed in your Bentley than depressed riding public transit.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8278
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 619 times

Re: State of emergency?

#72

Post by Philip » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:00 pm

"how can someone look this good at such an advanced age?"
I've heard that said of Byblos! :pound:

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21195
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: State of emergency?

#73

Post by RickD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Fliegender wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:37 pm
Image

how can someone look this good at such an advanced age?
Genetics.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21195
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: State of emergency?

#74

Post by RickD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Philip wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:00 pm
"how can someone look this good at such an advanced age?"
I've heard that said of Byblos! :pound:
Even I wouldn't make a joke that offensive. Shame on you, Philip.

Hey Byblos, please don't run over Philip with your wheelchair.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4909
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: State of emergency?

#75

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm

DBowling wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm
I wish you would give examples of fake news I have spread
RBG is dead...
I get my news from very reliable sources in the alternative right media.
Don't you think that perpetuating a known lie (ie RBG is dead) speaks to the reliability of the alt right media?
And if through either ignorance or deliberate deceit the alt right media is spreading misinformation, why do you consider them to be a 'reliable' source of information?
You're putting words in my mouth. I said I do not believe the media when they claim she is back to work at the Supreme Court.I said that we cannot trust what the news media reports and I'm sticking to it until I see real proof. The news media has destroyed its credibility and it is not my fault,it is their fault for spreading so much fake news.Nobody that I listen to in the alt right media has stated she is dead.They just try to point out why we cannot trust the news media and Q has not said she is dead either.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Post Reply