Proof of God: "I want PROOF!"

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Proof of God: "I want PROOF!"

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:00 am
Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:40 am
PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 am
Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:12 am
PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:33 am

Alright Kenny, what proof would be enough for you?
What’s the worse that could happen if God were to address the entire world at once; in an audible voice from the clouds, in a language each of us could understand; to clear up all the misunderstandings everyone has of him?
The military’s would send up F-16’s and various other fighter jets which will confirm it is not a hoax, every radio, news station, and recording device world wide would record the event so no reasonable person could ever deny or forget the fact that it happened, and everyone who wants to know the truth would know the voice from the sky is the true God, even if it isn’t the God they want to be true.
What’s the worse that can happen if God did this?

Now, are you telling me that IF you heard God's voice ( since the question was addressed to YOU specifically), that YOU would believe it to be God, period?
Not quite what I said. Obviously if I heard the voice, but the guy next to me did not; I would probably assume I were having some type of mental break down, Hallucination, or something; but if (as I said) the entire world were addressed via the conditions I mentioned; I cannot imagine myself trying to deny such an event
What if the whole world heard it BUT you didn't? would you deny it then?
Well obviously if everybody got the same message except me; I'm gonna take their word for it; and I will try to find out what is wrong with me that I didn't get the message.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Ok, what if HALF the world heard it?
Would you deny it then?
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:20 am Ok, what if HALF the world heard it?
Would you deny it then?
I don't know; why do you ask?
RickD wrote
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:20 am Ok, what if HALF the world heard it?
Would you deny it then?
Really great response...

Reminds me of Moses pleading to God ..what if there's 10 righteous people etc....

It is somewhat possible the whole world could be wrong even if everyone agreed.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Nessa wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:53 pm
Would you deny it then?
Really great response...

Reminds me of Moses pleading to God ..what if there's 10 righteous people etc....

It is somewhat possible the whole world could be wrong even if everyone agreed.
Yeah in theory, it is possible that everybody could be wrong except me; but I believe it was twain who said "when it seems the entire world has gone mad except you; YOU'RE IT!!! You're the crazy one.
RickD wrote
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Kenny wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:43 pm
Would you deny it then?
Well, according to you if the WHOLE world heard His voice you would have to believe BUT if "only" 3.5 billion heard it, you would have doubts.
Dude...
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:20 am
Would you deny it then?
Well, according to you if the WHOLE world heard His voice you would have to believe BUT if "only" 3.5 billion heard it, you would have doubts.
Dude...
I didn’t say I would have doubts, I said that I don’t know how I would respond. If half the worlds population got the message (I’m assuming the same message here; not like now where you have everybody who claims to get the message speaks of a different message) before judging I would wait until the professionals figure out why only half heard it and the other half did not; and I would probably use that information to help me determine if the message is credible or not.
RickD wrote
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 am
Would you deny it then?
Dude...
I didn’t say I would have doubts, I said that I don’t know how I would respond. If half the worlds population got the message (I’m assuming the same message here; not like now where you have everybody who claims to get the message speaks of a different message) before judging I would wait until the professionals figure out why only half heard it and the other half did not; and I would probably use that information to help me determine if the message is credible or not.

So, 7 billion is enough for you to believe but not 3.5 billion?
What about 6 billion?
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 pm
Would you deny it then?
Dude...

What about 6 billion?
Are the 1 billion who didn't get the message able to see the message on the countless recording devices (radio, TV news programs, internet, etc) Or are these 1 billion the deaf and blind.
RickD wrote
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:47 pm
Dude...

What about 6 billion?
Are the 1 billion who didn't get the message able to see the message on the countless recording devices (radio, TV news programs, internet, etc) Or are these 1 billion the deaf and blind.
The message went out to them the same way it went out to everyone else.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:50 pm
Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Dude...

What about 6 billion?
The message went out to them the same way it went out to everyone else.
No; I’m asking if the people who didn’t get the message able to see it later when it is covered on the even news? Or is there something preventing them from seeing what everybody else can see at this time?
RickD wrote
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Nope, that have the same ability to receive the message as everyone else.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:10 pm Nope, that have the same ability to receive the message as everyone else.
Okay; if I and a billion other people didn’t get the message when it was being given, but later I am able to see what I was unable to see before; when it is covered on the evening news and the countless other recording devices, I would assume something was wrong with me before, but I’m okay now; and anyone who still can’t see what happened on the recording devices, I would assume there is still something wrong with them
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

btw, am just curious:
what that voice of God should be like? What should it say?
Would not people think it was from UFO men?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:48 am btw, am just curious:
what that voice of God should be like?
Audible and recordable.
1over137 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:48 amWhat should it say?
Who God is and what he expects of us.
1over137 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:48 amWould not people think it was from UFO men?
Modern technology would confirm the voice was not of Earth; perhaps some may believe the voice is from an evolved being from another planet attempting to trick us; but I suspect most would believe it is the actual voice of God.
RickD wrote