Proof of God: "I want PROOF!"

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Proof of God: "I want PROOF!"

Post by Kurieuo »

Kenny wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:39 pm
PaulSacramento wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm I often ask what proof would be enough for the skeptic to believe in God.
The answer:
None.
I (a skeptic) have been asked that question many times and I always give an answer; but the response to my answer is usually something like “God doesn’t work that way”, "God requires faith", or "how dare you the created insist the creator play by YOUR rules!"
Existence itself (of anything) is for me the ultimate proof of the necessary being I call God.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

PaulSacramento wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm I often ask what proof would be enough for the skeptic to believe in God.
The answer:
None.
I (a skeptic) have been asked that question many times and I always give an answer; but the response to my answer is usually something like “God doesn’t work that way”, "God requires faith", or "how dare you the created insist the creator play by YOUR rules!"
Alright Kenny, what proof would be enough for you?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

K: Existence itself (of anything) is for me the ultimate proof of the necessary being I call God.
ABSOLUTELY! As NOTHING comes from nothing. And only some eternal great Intelligence of immense power could instantly create the amazing things that appeared within mere moments of the Big Bang's beginning. And not just random things appeared, mind you, but the precise and necessary things of functionalities that allowed the creation of a universe and all necessary to eventually lead to the necessary conditions and elements for life and mankind!
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:52 am
The answer:
None.
Existence itself (of anything) is for me the ultimate proof of the necessary being I call God.
If I believed in Santa Clause, and I define Santa as the guy who makes all of those toys kids play with, the very existence of toys would be evidence of Santa to me, but it will not be for you.
If you believe in God and you define God as the one who created everything and all that exists, everything and all that exists will be evidence of God to you; but it will not be for me.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:33 am
The answer:
None.
What’s the worse that could happen if God were to address the entire world at once; in an audible voice from the clouds, in a language each of us could understand; to clear up all the misunderstandings everyone has of him?
The military’s would send up F-16’s and various other fighter jets which will confirm it is not a hoax, every radio, news station, and recording device world wide would record the event so no reasonable person could ever deny or forget the fact that it happened, and everyone who wants to know the truth would know the voice from the sky is the true God, even if it isn’t the God they want to be true.
What’s the worse that can happen if God did this?
RickD wrote
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Great Kenny,
my advice is: be patient.
This is God's promise:
(Deuteronomy 4:29 NKJV) “But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

(from 1 Chronicles 28:9 NKJV)
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; ....

Blessed Christmas Kenny.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:12 am
The answer:
None.
What’s the worse that could happen if God were to address the entire world at once; in an audible voice from the clouds, in a language each of us could understand; to clear up all the misunderstandings everyone has of him?
The military’s would send up F-16’s and various other fighter jets which will confirm it is not a hoax, every radio, news station, and recording device world wide would record the event so no reasonable person could ever deny or forget the fact that it happened, and everyone who wants to know the truth would know the voice from the sky is the true God, even if it isn’t the God they want to be true.
What's the worst that can happen if God did that?
Worst would be when people would crucify him.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:59 am
The answer:
None.
If I believed in Santa Clause, and I define Santa as the guy who makes all of those toys kids play with, the very existence of toys would be evidence of Santa to me, but it will not be for you.
If you believe in God and you define God as the one who created everything and all that exists, everything and all that exists will be evidence of God to you; but it will not be for me.
Yes Kenny. :econfused:

Clearly, you don't understand what the proof is.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:38 am
The answer:
None.
What's the worst that can happen if God did that?
Worst would be when people would crucify him.
Only if he allowed it.
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:44 am
Kenny wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:59 am
The answer:
None.
Yes Kenny. :econfused:

Clearly, you don't understand what the proof is.
We're talking about evidence; not proof.
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:35 am Great Kenny,
my advice is: be patient.
This is God's promise:
(Deuteronomy 4:29 NKJV) “But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

(from 1 Chronicles 28:9 NKJV)
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; ....

Blessed Christmas Kenny.
Thank-you; and a blessed Christmas for you too my friend!

Ken
RickD wrote
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The answer:
None.

Now, are you telling me that IF you heard God's voice ( since the question was addressed to YOU specifically), that YOU would believe it to be God, period?
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 am
The answer:
None.

Now, are you telling me that IF you heard God's voice ( since the question was addressed to YOU specifically), that YOU would believe it to be God, period?
Not quite what I said. Obviously if I heard the voice, but the guy next to me did not; I would probably assume I were having some type of mental break down, Hallucination, or something; but if (as I said) the entire world were addressed via the conditions I mentioned; I cannot imagine myself trying to deny such an event
RickD wrote
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Ken: If you believe in God and you define God as the one who created everything and all that exists, everything and all that exists will be evidence of God to you; but it will not be for me.
Then what exactly is it evidence OF? And do you believe there exists a ANY thing without a source?
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Philip wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:55 am
Ken: If you believe in God and you define God as the one who created everything and all that exists, everything and all that exists will be evidence of God to you; but it will not be for me.
Then what exactly is it evidence OF? And do you believe there exists a ANY thing without a source?
My point was; if you are going to define X as the creator/originator of Y, then claim Y is evidence that X exists, this is a weak argument to use against a person who does not define X as the creator of Y; because he will have a different explanation for Y's origin.
RickD wrote