You've Been Googled!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Post Reply
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8003
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 602 times

You've Been Googled!

#1

Post by Philip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Yes you have! https://finance.yahoo.com/news/googles- ... 38103.html

What's the best alternative?

User avatar
edwardmurphy
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: You've Been Googled!

#2

Post by edwardmurphy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Your best bet is DuckDuckGo, according to a study by DuckDuckGo. I actually get some pretty good variety in my Google searches. probably because my tendency to research B.W. and Stu's claims has confused Google about just what kind of bias I favor.

Anyway, I'm intrigued. I think I'll try some other engines and see how they work.
If you're accustomed to privilege equality may feel like oppression.

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 5187
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: You've Been Googled!

#3

Post by 1over137 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am

Also seen some my friends using DuckDuckGo
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20842
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 1032 times

Re: You've Been Googled!

#4

Post by RickD » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:46 am

edwardmurphy wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm
Your best bet is DuckDuckGo, according to a study by DuckDuckGo. I actually get some pretty good variety in my Google searches. probably because my tendency to research B.W. and Stu's claims has confused Google about just what kind of bias I favor.

Anyway, I'm intrigued. I think I'll try some other engines and see how they work.
Ed, you better be careful searching for right wing stuff. You know what happens if they find out you're right wing. :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20842
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 1032 times

Re: You've Been Googled!

#5

Post by RickD » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:48 am

1over137 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am
Also seen some my friends using DuckDuckGo
A search engine that doesn't track me? That sounds too good to be true.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply