Who Do You Submit To?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.

Who Do You Submit To?

God (Divine Being That Isn't Mythological) - Explain Your Position
100%
Darwin (A Mere Man's Observations On Life) - Explain Your Position
No votes

Total votes: 7

Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Who Do You Submit To?

Post by Believer »

Hello, whether you are an atheist, agnostic, or a true believer in God (the divine one that isn't mythological), I would like to know who you submit to. You can't have both, so pick one, and I would like to hear your explanation for doing so. Perhaps this will open a field for one another to learn about one another and how they came to their belief.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

God.

as far as an explanation goes, I dont have much reason right now, except testimonies and stories from other people.

I guess you could say im still seeking him.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Thinker, no more starting threads, bad, bad Brian...*WHACK*
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

I worship no man.
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

This is a stupid topic, no one "submits" to Darwin, his ideas have been improved upon again and again. And I think a few of them were even discarded since then by people who think evolution is how it really went down. Still some good ideas though.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Well, it begs the question that ideas were "improved" but you have a point. I don't think anyone "submits" to Darwin.
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
ryo dokomi
Established Member

Post by ryo dokomi »

in a scense beg to differ...the Bible clearly states that if you are not a servent of the LORD and His Word, then you are a slave to satan and Darwin was a tool of satan to get this evolution stuff going...so you could say that if they believe in evolution, that they dont submit to Darwin, but to satan. whether they know it or not...
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

ryo dokomi wrote:iDarwin was a tool of satan... if they believe in evolution, that they dont submit to Darwin, but to satan. whether they know it or not...
I think the verb submit requires an active, conscious decision on the part of the submitter. You could reuse "tool of" or "unwitting tool of", but using "submit" I feel is a misuse of English and detrimental to communication and exchange of ideas..
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

sandy_mcd wrote:
ryo dokomi wrote:iDarwin was a tool of satan... if they believe in evolution, that they dont submit to Darwin, but to satan. whether they know it or not...
I think the verb submit requires an active, conscious decision on the part of the submitter. You could reuse "tool of" or "unwitting tool of", but using "submit" I feel is a misuse of English and detrimental to communication and exchange of ideas..
Okay, so do you submit to the divine God (not the nature god)? Or, do you submit to satan which Darwin was a tool of?
ryo dokomi
Established Member

Post by ryo dokomi »

i 'SUBMIT' my life to God, and am proud of it.

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

wasn't Darwin religious as well??
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

SUGAAAAA wrote:wasn't Darwin religious as well??
Kind of, but he, from what I understand, lost it all and converted to atheism because of his observations in nature.
ryo dokomi
Established Member

Post by ryo dokomi »

shows you how dumb he really was..the Bible says that you will see God in all creation, and yet, Darwin obviously did the exact opposite...

August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Believer wrote:
SUGAAAAA wrote:wasn't Darwin religious as well??
Kind of, but he, from what I understand, lost it all and converted to atheism because of his observations in nature.
It was a combination of things, one of which was his 8 year-old daughter dying of cancer.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Fisherman
Recognized Member

Post by Fisherman »

I heard something a long time ago about Darwin admiting towards the end of his life that he was wrong about evolution. I don't remember a lot about it. Is this true?
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D