The name of Jesus?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The name of Jesus?

Post by mrtzur2015 »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The name of Jesus?

Post by RickD »

Enjoy?

That's rubbish.

And the link on that blog that denies the Trinity, is absolute rubbish too. You'd do well to stop reading that garbage before it pollutes your mind.

Not to mention that the guy has a gofundme link on the blog, with which he's begging for money to help pay his back taxes. Quite pathetic.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

RickD wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:18 pm Enjoy?

That's rubbish.

And the link on that blog that denies the Trinity, is absolute rubbish too. You'd do well to stop reading that garbage before it pollutes your mind.

Not to mention that the guy has a gofundme link on the blog, with which he's begging for money to help pay his back taxes. Quite pathetic.
I didn’t look at all the pages but the names are true. All know his name is yehuvah and yehuvah + yasha (saves) = yeosha ( the Father saves ).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:11 pm

That's rubbish.

I didn’t look at all the pages but the names are true. All know his name is yehuvah and yehuvah + yasha (saves) = yeosha ( the Father saves ).
Do you really think Jesus cares that we call him Jesus, and not another name in a language that we don't speak?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

RickD wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:26 pm

That's rubbish.

Do you really think Jesus cares that we call him Jesus, and not another name in a language that we don't speak?
Honestly I don’t think that it matters that much . I do believe he rather being called his real name.
And since when names are translateable? If your name is rick your name is rick in Chinese Hebrew English Arabic. And guess what? Even in French!! Amazing huh.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:03 pm
RickD wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:26 pm

That's rubbish.

Honestly I don’t think that it matters that much . I do believe he rather being called his real name.
And since when names are translateable? If your name is rick your name is rick in Chinese Hebrew English Arabic. And guess what? Even in French!! Amazing huh.
And it's Ricardo in Spanish. And no, I don't get upset if someone calls me Ricardo.

If the guy who wrote the blog spent half of the time in an actual job, that he spends writing meaningless blogs, he wouldn't have to beg for people to pay his back taxes that he should've paid himself, like any responsible adult.

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Arabic calls Jesus as Eesaa. Urdu yesu, Punjabi, yeshu, hindi calls him eishwar.

Yes names are different in different languages.

By the way. Jesus is his English name. His greek name is different spelled and is pronounced differently.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:54 pm Arabic calls Jesus as Eesaa. Urdu yesu, Punjabi, yeshu, hindi calls him eishwar.

By the way. Jesus is his English name. His greek name is different spelled and is pronounced differently.
And it seems that according to the blog guy, we all should learn ancient Hebrew, and use that exclusively. Otherwise, God is not happy with us.

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:20 am
neo-x wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:54 pm Arabic calls Jesus as Eesaa. Urdu yesu, Punjabi, yeshu, hindi calls him eishwar.

And it seems that according to the blog guy, we all should learn ancient Hebrew, and use that exclusively. Otherwise, God is not happy with us.
Another legalist no doubt. I feel sorry that these people miss on understanding the grace of God.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

You think he could get a tax refund? Then you can get up to 3 years to pay off.
I wonder if this dude could join the Service, and I wonder how they would manage that. Depending on where he's at, the job market isn't that good (well this region anyhow).
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

It’s very sad when someone thinks that we have to call out to Jesus in a certain dialect to be calling on Him. Crazy that within all the nuances of language and interpretation that anyone would think that belief could ever be reliant on specific wording and understanding if someone trusts in the salvation of Christ.
But yet that is what happens by yourself and others everyday.....on here and in every church.
I get it....that bulking resistance, who are you tell me who my saviour is and by what name I can be saved. But yet that is exactly the same thought process that is dished out to others. The only difference is your steadfast interpretation but by the same token as is theirs....
A messy and pedantic theorising of terminology.
Perhaps the greater issue irrespective of terminology is trust. Trust in Jesus, call Him what you like, He’s the Son of God or He is God, He’s Jesus or Yeshua but regardless I’m quite sure God is not so concerned with intricacies of language but what’s in our hearts.
Davy
Familiar Member

Post by Davy »

The idea of demanding to use original language name of our Lord Jesus likely comes from those involved in the Jewish Kabbalah mysticism. Kabbalists believe that words have 'power' when you say them, etc. So naturally if you don't say them right the power is not there. That idea is totally bogus though involving our Lord Jesus' Name. Now it might be true if you're interested in practicing ceremonial magic and that sort of thing, which one side of Kabbalism has done in past history.
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

I didn’t mean it that way. Obviously the name does not matter.
God is not fooled by those who called his name without having a repentant heart . Therefore it is ones heart that our Lord is looking for not which name are they calling.
Just thought it would be more appropriate to use his real name as the Angel of the Lord (Yeshua, Jesus ) spoke it to Joseph.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm I didn’t mean it that way. Obviously the name does not matter.
God is not fooled by those who called his name without having a repentant heart . Therefore it is ones heart that our Lord is looking for not which name are they calling.
Just thought it would be more appropriate to use his real name as the Angel of the Lord (Yeshua, Jesus ) spoke it to Joseph.
Why is it not more appropriate to write his name in Hebrew then?

If my google translate is correct, his name is:

ישוע

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Demons flee at the name of Jesus. The name Jesus has power.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.