Violence from the tolerant left - fact or fiction?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Violence from the tolerant left - fact or fiction?

Post by B. W. »

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Violence from the tolerant left - fact or fiction?

Post by RickD »

Violence from human beings with a sin nature- fact.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

The guy mailing out castor beans appears to be mentally ill. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he represents "the left." It's almost as if you're just grabbing any act of violence not committed by a Nazi or a Klansman and attributing it to liberals in order to bolster an extremely weak argument...

The second link didn't actually show the video, so I looked it up. Here. Folks are welcome to watch it and tell me exactly when it gets violent, how the women were "accosting" McConnell, and what the hell his childhood polio has to do with anything, because I can't figure it out.

Do you really think that following an elected official through an airport and asking him questions (while he ignores you) is violent? Seriously?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Innocent drivers just minding their own business and along comes the leftist Antifa and starts harassing and hitting the cars and intimidating the drivers and even doxing them using their licence plates.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

There's been instances I recall from the News.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

The last instance of "violence" that you posted about was a couple of women attempting to engage a Senator in a conversation while he totally ignored them. Will you be retracting that false claim anytime soon, or are you just going to pretend that it's true?

This time, let's see...

The protesters are gonna keep protesting. So what. Until they ram a car into a crowd it's just civil disobedience. Big deal.

Some lady got mad, made a dumb tweet, then deleted it, but is probably going to get fired anyway. So now it's national news every time somebody loses their temper and spouts off on Twitter?

And finally, Maxine Waters is still pushing the envelope. Personally, I wish she'd stop, but in terms of threats to our nation I'd have to rate her ranting a .00001 out of 10. Big deal.
Stu wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 am Innocent drivers just minding their own business and along comes the leftist Antifa and starts harassing and hitting the cars and intimidating the drivers and even doxing them using their licence plates.
First off, it was one driver, not "drivers." Second, who's to say the guy was "innocent"? Maybe he chucked a bottle at the protesters, or screamed something offensive, or bumped someone with his car. Maybe he's a victim. Or maybe not. Maybe he's an active participant in an angry conflict. Who knows? Not me, and not you. But you think you know because you've already got a narrative running in your head, so whenever somebody posts a video and labels it "Lefties are at it again!!!" you swallow it hook, line and sinker, without so much as a nanosecond of critical thought.
And now this...

First off, the title of the story is deliberately misleading. The implication is that they found a suspect, he's liberal, and they think he burned a truck. That's false.

In reality all we actually know is that somebody apparently spray painted "Trump" on a truck and somebody burned said truck. Maybe it was the same person, and maybe not. Maybe the culprit was a liberal, and maybe it was a guy who just really hates the owner of the truck and figured painting "Trump" on it would steer suspicion away from him. Maybe the guy was behind on his payments so he burned his own truck for the insurance money and spray painted it himself. Who the hell knows?

Now with regard to the question posed by the thread, I'd have to say that the answer is that it's largely fiction. The list of violence so far:

1) A crazy guy sent some castor beans to some politicians. No indication that he's liberal. 0 for 1.
2) Two women talked, fairly politely, to a Senator who rudely ignored them. No violence took place. 0 for 2.
3) Protesters threaten to protest more. That has potential to get violent, but I'm not seeing it yet. 0 for 3.
4) Some lady posts, then deletes, a dumb tweet. Nobody was harmed. Sorry, that's another zero. 0 for 4.
5) Maxine Waters is still being aggressive with her rhetoric. Liberals are concerned about political fallout and conservatives are pretending that they're scared. In reality they secretly love it. Anyway, 0 for 5.
6) Somebody burned a truck. Liberals are suspected. Sorry, no points for you until liberals are actually caught. If it's actually liberals. That's 0 for 6.

The fact is there's a bit of political violence happening here, some from liberals and some from conservatives but, contrary to the opinions of foreigners who get their news from Alex Jones, it's rare. In terms of serious violence - violence where people are badly injured or killed - the perpetrator is far more likely to be a right-wing radical. Unfortunately you guys don't believe that - and you never will - because you get all of your news from biased sources that lie to you, mislead you, and ignore facts that don't suit their narratives. And you [love] love it. Go figure.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:14 pmFirst off, it was one driver, not "drivers." Second, who's to say the guy was "innocent"? Maybe he chucked a bottle at the protesters, or screamed something offensive, or bumped someone with his car. Maybe he's a victim. Or maybe not. Maybe he's an active participant in an angry conflict. Who knows? Not me, and not you. But you think you know because you've already got a narrative running in your head, so whenever somebody posts a video and labels it "Lefties are at it again!!!" you swallow it hook, line and sinker, without so much as a nanosecond of critical thought.
Ed, it's frikken Antifa. A group that has been designated a terror group by government authorities. The fact that you seek to stand up for and protect them says a lot.

And it wasn't one car, they have been doing this for a while now, harassing innocent drivers and taking over the street.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:14 pm
The last instance of "violence" that you posted about was a couple of women attempting to engage a Senator in a conversation while he totally ignored them. Will you be retracting that false claim anytime soon, or are you just going to pretend that it's true?

This time, let's see...

The protesters are gonna keep protesting. So what. Until they ram a car into a crowd it's just civil disobedience. Big deal.

Some lady got mad, made a dumb tweet, then deleted it, but is probably going to get fired anyway. So now it's national news every time somebody loses their temper and spouts off on Twitter?

And finally, Maxine Waters is still pushing the envelope. Personally, I wish she'd stop, but in terms of threats to our nation I'd have to rate her ranting a .00001 out of 10. Big deal.
Stu wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 am Innocent drivers just minding their own business and along comes the leftist Antifa and starts harassing and hitting the cars and intimidating the drivers and even doxing them using their licence plates.
First off, it was one driver, not "drivers." Second, who's to say the guy was "innocent"? Maybe he chucked a bottle at the protesters, or screamed something offensive, or bumped someone with his car. Maybe he's a victim. Or maybe not. Maybe he's an active participant in an angry conflict. Who knows? Not me, and not you. But you think you know because you've already got a narrative running in your head, so whenever somebody posts a video and labels it "Lefties are at it again!!!" you swallow it hook, line and sinker, without so much as a nanosecond of critical thought.
And now this...

First off, the title of the story is deliberately misleading. The implication is that they found a suspect, he's liberal, and they think he burned a truck. That's false.

In reality all we actually know is that somebody apparently spray painted "Trump" on a truck and somebody burned said truck. Maybe it was the same person, and maybe not. Maybe the culprit was a liberal, and maybe it was a guy who just really hates the owner of the truck and figured painting "Trump" on it would steer suspicion away from him. Maybe the guy was behind on his payments so he burned his own truck for the insurance money and spray painted it himself. Who the hell knows?

Now with regard to the question posed by the thread, I'd have to say that the answer is that it's largely fiction. The list of violence so far:

1) A crazy guy sent some castor beans to some politicians. No indication that he's liberal. 0 for 1.
2) Two women talked, fairly politely, to a Senator who rudely ignored them. No violence took place. 0 for 2.
3) Protesters threaten to protest more. That has potential to get violent, but I'm not seeing it yet. 0 for 3.
4) Some lady posts, then deletes, a dumb tweet. Nobody was harmed. Sorry, that's another zero. 0 for 4.
5) Maxine Waters is still being aggressive with her rhetoric. Liberals are concerned about political fallout and conservatives are pretending that they're scared. In reality they secretly love it. Anyway, 0 for 5.
6) Somebody burned a truck. Liberals are suspected. Sorry, no points for you until liberals are actually caught. If it's actually liberals. That's 0 for 6.

The fact is there's a bit of political violence happening here, some from liberals and some from conservatives but, contrary to the opinions of foreigners who get their news from Alex Jones, it's rare. In terms of serious violence - violence where people are badly injured or killed - the perpetrator is far more likely to be a right-wing radical. Unfortunately you guys don't believe that - and you never will - because you get all of your news from biased sources that lie to you, mislead you, and ignore facts that don't suit their narratives. And you [love] love it. Go figure.

Hillary Clinton calls for political incivility as Eric Holder calls for violence.(Here since you don't trust the alt-right listen to Styx who just calls it as it is,honestly. Warning for perhaps foul language because he uses it from time to time.But anyway Styx is an independant,he not a Christian,but a Pagan and is just honest.)
https://youtu.be/G42otWoNtPo
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

First off, when Antifa takes to the street it's generally to march in opposition to literal Nazis, White Supremacists, and Klansmen. I don't much care for Antifa - I think they're mostly just hooligans and that they do far more harm than good - but I'm also strongly opposed to fricken Nazis.

So how is it that you guys can watch footage of a bunch of angry neo-Nazis marching through Charlotte, chanting "Blood and soil" and "the Jews will not replace us" and come away worried about Antifa? What is it that prevents you from seeing or recognizing clear, obvious instances of right-wing violence, and simultaneously makes you so sensitive to violence from the left that you see it even when it's not there?

Are you suffering from some sort of condition?

Racist-blindness...?

Progressiphobia...?

Naziphilia?

Seriously, what's the deal?

Second, Stu, as much as I dislike Antifa, I dislike [nonsense] even more. Pointing out that the video you linked lacked context is hardly the same as protecting Antifa. You have a history of posting stories that are unsubstantiated, misleading and/or completely false, and being made aware of that fact doesn't seem to have influenced your behavior. The evidence leads me to believe that you're untrustworthy, either because you're gullible or because you're dishonest. Whichever it is, I'm not going to accept your claims until you provide more evidence than a video clip with an inaccurate caption. That's not support for Antifa, it's reasonable, informed skepticism.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:53 pm First off, when Antifa takes to the street it's generally to march in opposition to literal Nazis, White Supremacists, and Klansmen. I don't much care for Antifa - I think they're mostly just hooligans and that they do far more harm than good - but I'm also strongly opposed to fricken Nazis.

So how is it that you guys can watch footage of a bunch of angry neo-Nazis marching through Charlotte, chanting "Blood and soil" and "the Jews will not replace us" and come away worried about Antifa? What is it that prevents you from seeing or recognizing clear, obvious instances of right-wing violence, and simultaneously makes you so sensitive to violence from the left that you see it even when it's not there?

Are you suffering from some sort of condition?

Racist-blindness...?

Progressiphobia...?

Naziphilia?

Seriously, what's the deal?

Second, Stu, as much as I dislike Antifa, I dislike [nonsense] even more. Pointing out that the video you linked lacked context is hardly the same as protecting Antifa. You have a history of posting stories that are unsubstantiated, misleading and/or completely false, and being made aware of that fact doesn't seem to have influenced your behavior. The evidence leads me to believe that you're untrustworthy, either because you're gullible or because you're dishonest. Whichever it is, I'm not going to accept your claims until you provide more evidence than a video clip with an inaccurate caption. That's not support for Antifa, it's reasonable, informed skepticism.

You should leave the Democrat Party then. Because Antifa is allied with the Democrats.They use violence and intimidation because they can't debate the facts and so just attack political opposition.They have been propagandized by the liberal MSM you stick up for and trust so much to actually believe Trump supporters are Nazi's,White Supremacists and Klansmen,when none of this represents what Donald Trump ran on and why he won.Also it was the Democrat Party that started the KKK and it was the Republicans that opposed it.Abraham Lincoln was a Republican who the Democrats opposed by the way.The history of Democrats is racism with the Republicans opposing it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Also,just so you know.Before Donald Trump ran for President he was awarded an award from Jesse Jackson because of a lifetime of service to African Americans.Yet because of propaganda people actually believe Donald Trump is a racist.The American people know who Donald Trump is despite the liberal MSM's attempt to re-write his history since he ran for President.This is why the American people were so appalled at all of the lies about Donald Trump and they did not believe it.
Jesse Jackson and Donald Trump
https://youtu.be/J5lcART6TTE