Have we crossed the line yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Have we crossed the line yet?

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:04 am
Stu wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 am
RickD wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:22 am Does the idea that some want to silence a lunatic, make that person less of a lunatic?
Hey Alex is just saying what the Bible describes will happen in the end times.
I'd never thought of it that way before, but the misinformation that Alex Jones constantly perpetuates does bear a strong resemblance to what Paul talks about in 2 Timothy 4:3-4.
Well Alex is a Christian so it only makes sense.

What misinformation? Sure he get's things wrong like everyone else, he even admits and says as much.

But the reality of the NWO, more and more controlling big government, big banks control over everything, attack on the right, the mobilisation of the liberal media, etc, etc. are all real things he talks about.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am
RickD wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:22 am Does the idea that some want to silence a lunatic, make that person less of a lunatic?
I'd never thought of it that way before, but the misinformation that Alex Jones constantly perpetuates does bear a strong resemblance to what Paul talks about in 2 Timothy 4:3-4.

What misinformation? Sure he get's things wrong like everyone else, he even admits and says as much.
Alex Jones knowingly lies on a regular basis... he literally is engaging in a war against truth and accurate information.
I made a post a while ago listing a number of Alex Jones' more blatant lies, and I really have no desire to spend more time wading through his nonsense.

Anyone can easily do their own research on this.
Use your search engine of choice and search on "Alex Jones Lies".
That should provide plenty of evidence.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:26 am
Stu wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am

Alex Jones knowingly lies on a regular basis... he literally is engaging in a war against truth and accurate information.
I made a post a while ago listing a number of Alex Jones' more blatant lies, and I really have no desire to spend more time wading through his nonsense.

Anyone can easily do their own research on this.
Use your search engine of choice and search on "Alex Jones Lies".
That should provide plenty of evidence.
I hope you aren't getting your information from mainstream media??

They lie about what Alex says and what he doesn't say. They always make accusations against him but never back it up with anything, which is very easy to do as he has a show.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:35 am I hope you aren't getting your information from mainstream media??

They lie about what Alex says and what he doesn't say. They always make accusations against him but never back it up with anything, which is very easy to do as he has a show.
Nope... I did my own research...
I don't trust the "mainstream media" as an unbiased source of information.
And I don't trust anything Alex Jones says either.

Which is why I did my own investigation into Alex Jones accuracy (or lack thereof) a while ago.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

What an idiot. But makes sense if you are a TDS liberal, which many are these days.

LAS VEGAS PROFESSOR REPORTEDLY SHOOTS SELF IN ARM TO PROTEST TRUMP

A Las Vegas professor reportedly shot himself in the arm on campus in protest of U.S. President Donald Trump.

Mark J. Bird, who has worked at the College of Southern Nevada as a sociology professor since 1993, is now facing felony gun charges for discharging the firearm on campus, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

The incident began on Aug. 28 when Bird brought a .22 pistol to the school and shot himself in the arm inside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

More
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:56 am What an idiot. But makes sense if you are a TDS liberal, which many are these days.
I did a quick, unscientific survey of local liberals. They are in 100% agreement that this guy made a really, really stupid decision that made no sense at all and can't possible have any sort of positive outcome. They have no idea what he was thinking and would never even consider following his example.

They are also in 100% agreement that "TDS" is a stupid phrase, cherry-picking stories about the occasional liberal making a dumb decision in an attempt to defame all liberals is a stupid way to make a political point, and that people who make and/or accept such a vapid, intellectually bankrupt technique are maybe not the sharpest tools in the shed.

BTW, where do you live, Stu?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 am
Stu wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:56 am What an idiot. But makes sense if you are a TDS liberal, which many are these days.
I did a quick, unscientific survey of local liberals. They are in 100% agreement that this guy made a really, really stupid decision that made no sense at all and can't possible have any sort of positive outcome. They have no idea what he was thinking and would never even consider following his example.

They are also in 100% agreement that "TDS" is a stupid phrase, cherry-picking stories about the occasional liberal making a dumb decision in an attempt to defame all liberals is a stupid way to make a political point, and that people who make and/or accept such a vapid, intellectually bankrupt technique are maybe not the sharpest tools in the shed.

BTW, where do you live, Stu?
Yeah sorry but as I've pointed out in the past. There are GROUPS of people that act this way, Universities, gatherings of people, etc. Not only individuals.

I live in South Africa.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

LAS VEGAS PROFESSOR REPORTEDLY SHOOTS SELF IN ARM TO PROTEST TRUMP

A Las Vegas professor reportedly shot himself in the arm on campus in protest of U.S. President Donald Trump.

Mark J. Bird, who has worked at the College of Southern Nevada as a sociology professor since 1993, is now facing felony gun charges for discharging the firearm on campus, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

The incident began on Aug. 28 when Bird brought a .22 pistol to the school and shot himself in the arm inside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

More
I have a solution for that, and it would instill patriotism.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 amYeah sorry but as I've pointed out in the past. There are GROUPS of people that act this way, Universities, gatherings of people, etc. Not only individuals.

I live in South Africa.
Here's the thing, though - you don't really know that. You don't live here. You don't know our Constitution, our history, or our laws. You don't have regular conversations with Americans from diverse backgrounds and with varying political views. You don't have friends and relatives all over the country, or experience living in different cities and states. Beyond that, you get all of your American "news" from right-wing pundits who are more interested in promoting their message than in reporting facts.

Imagine if I tracked down the most radical left-wing pundits in South Africa, posted their biased stories here, and then insisted that their views represented the reality of life in South Africa. If I did that you'd probably point out that I'm not South African, I don't live in South Africa or know any South Africans, my sources of information on life in South Africa are extremely biased, it's ridiculous for someone as poorly informed as me to lecture you about what things are like in your own country, and I should cut it out. And you'd be right on every point.

Cut it out, Stu. You're being ridiculous.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am
Stu wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 amYeah sorry but as I've pointed out in the past. There are GROUPS of people that act this way, Universities, gatherings of people, etc. Not only individuals.

I live in South Africa.
Here's the thing, though - you don't really know that. You don't live here. You don't know our Constitution, our history, or our laws. You don't have regular conversations with Americans from diverse backgrounds and with varying political views. You don't have friends and relatives all over the country, or experience living in different cities and states. Beyond that, you get all of your American "news" from right-wing pundits who are more interested in promoting their message than in reporting facts.

Imagine if I tracked down the most radical left-wing pundits in South Africa, posted their biased stories here, and then insisted that their views represented the reality of life in South Africa. If I did that you'd probably point out that I'm not South African, I don't live in South Africa or know any South Africans, my sources of information on life in South Africa are extremely biased, it's ridiculous for someone as poorly informed as me to lecture you about what things are like in your own country, and I should cut it out. And you'd be right on every point.

Cut it out, Stu. You're being ridiculous.
No you are being ridiculous.

Are you saying that Americans can't comment on what is going on in Venezuela, Zimbabwe, China or any other country for that matter. Are you suppose to remain ignorant of world affairs and politics. Screw the markets in developing countries or even developed countries only the US counts.

You are preaching ignorance.

I follow media other than just conservative in the US (I watch CNN for instance).

Sorry but you are just being outright silly.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 amNo you are being ridiculous.

Are you saying that Americans can't comment on what is going on in Venezuela, Zimbabwe, China or any other country for that matter. Are you suppose to remain ignorant of world affairs and politics. Screw the markets in developing countries or even developed countries only the US counts.

You are preaching ignorance.
That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that it would be ridiculous for me to lecture the people of Venezuela, Zimbabwe, or China about what's happening in their countries when I don't live there or fully understand their governments, cultures, or histories. Or South Africa, for that matter.
Stu wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 amI follow media other than just conservative in the US (I watch CNN for instance).
If you say so. All I've ever seen you post so far is unsourced claims from right-wing pundits and provocateurs. As a rule, the information you present as fact is either outright false, misrepresented, or incomplete. And I've never seen you make any sort of effort to fact check or contextualize any of it. You just spot a headline that aligns with your personal worldview and accept it as true. The problem is that "I agree so it must be true" is a piss poor was to evaluate information, especially these days when there's so much misinformation and propaganda floating around on the Web.

So no, I'm not preaching ignorance, I'm preaching fact checking, critical thinking, and humility.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I am thankful there is media who will report on what the left is really about:

You are not safe. We will find you.

Amazing soon they will kill someone but what do they care - there is no objective morality or truth to Judge them - right?

When you die, you cease to be. Do as thou will...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

B. W. wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 am I am thankful there is media who will report on what the left is really about:

Amazing soon they will kill someone but what do they care - there is no objective morality or truth to Judge them - right?

-
-
-
Um haven't you heard it's only one or two people doing this, nothing to worry about. It's not like politicians started it or anything...
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Stu wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 am
B. W. wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 am I am thankful there is media who will report on what the left is really about:

-
-
-
Um haven't you heard it's only one or two people doing this, nothing to worry about. It's not like politicians started it or anything...

Oh yeah, err humm gee whiz I almost forgot no politician would ever do that - comrade Stu
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Gents, I'm aware that left-wing violence exists, kind of, even if I think that the two of you are wildly overstating its frequency and severity.

The part that continues to puzzle me is the way you seem to overlook right-wing violence. You're all over Smash Racism DC heckling Ted Cruz and vowing to do it again, but oddly silent on Dylan Roof, James Alex Fields, and those all neo-Nazis stomping through Charlotte yelling "Blood and soil" and "The Jews will not replace us."

So what is it about left-wing violence - which, if we're being honest, is mostly anticipated violence that might never happen - that makes it so terrifying? And what is it about right-wing violence - actual violence that has actually happened - that keeps you from noticing it?