Why do people respect evil entities so much?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Why do people respect evil entities so much?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I keep thinking of this one certain voodoo doll in Florida who is claimed to be haunted and will put curses on people who disrespect it. Unlike most haunted doll stories, the backstory to this makes me say it's legitimately haunted with the sheer number of people and even animals who claim it's haunted or act scared near it.
But even the bible tells us the DEVIL has no power over GOD the ALMIGHTY. So if an evil spirit wants to do harm it will still give account to GOD in the end, which they DO NOT WANT.
I tried reminding people about this on a couple of sites that mentioned this certain doll but the posts wouldn't go through. All the same, if GOD wants to remind people, GOD will.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why do people respect evil entities so much?

Post by Philip »

First place, people need to know that evil entities have no power of their own. They only have restrained power provided by God who puts constraints and uses it for His purposes. WHAT :shock: people shriek - "are you tellin' me that it is GOD who gave evil its power? Of course! God knew before He created angels that He would provide Satan and his evil followers with power that He would limit and channel - God uses evil as a tool - NOT for the purposes those evil intend, but for the far greater and eternal good that God foreknows He's bringing about.

Joseph said of the terrible evil of his brothers: "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." (Genesis 50:20)

"This Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. (Acts 2:23)

See: https://www.gotquestions.org/does-God-use-evil.html

Or consider:

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:02 pm First place, people need to know that evil entities have no power of their own. They only have restrained power provided by God who puts constraints and uses it for His purposes. WHAT :shock: people shriek - "are you tellin' me that it is GOD who gave evil its power? Of course! God knew before He created angels that He would provide Satan and his evil followers with power that He would limit and channel - God uses evil as a tool - NOT for the purposes those evil intend, but for the far greater and eternal good that God foreknows He's bringing about.

Joseph said of the terrible evil of his brothers: "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." (Genesis 50:20)

"This Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. (Acts 2:23)

Or consider:

Exactly! Which is why I get angry over people profusely apologizing and giving so much credit to this voodoo spirit, when really they should be looking to GOD. They don't realize it, but it's powering the evil. Of course, some people don't report being affected and occasionally the doll is taken out for inspection etc.
I don't like the idea of going there to test the spirit or to mock it etc, but ultimately yes it's the good GOD that allows stuff. So that makes it more comforting.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

As a tool that God uses for good, evil people and entities using power power on loan have a shelf life, as once ALL people who will eventually turn to the Lord have done so, evil beings and those following them will be eternally punished and banished to their fate. God will only allow evil to flourish for a specific period, until God's purposes of saving all that are so willing has been accomplished.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:40 am As a tool that God uses for good, evil people and entities using power power on loan have a shelf life, as once ALL people who will eventually turn to the Lord have done so, evil beings and those following them will be eternally punished and banished to their fate. God will only allow evil to flourish for a specific period, until God's purposes of saving all that are so willing has been accomplished.
Which reminds me of why this doll hasn't been visited by a priest. Why is God allowing it? Seems strange that very little has been talked about regarding God when it comes to it and it's curses.
Even Annebelle had a priest visit it or supposedly, and threw it against a wall and rebuked it. Unlike most who would die after doing that, he just got in a wreck and saw the doll in the rearview mirror.
But lets talk and focus on the GOOD (see GOD is in GOOD, just take away an O :esmile: ). His patience is undescribeable considering how He views stuff. And there are more holy angels out there, in Revelation 2/3 of the stars weren't taken away by the dragon.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Kid, in the first place, you have bought into hearsay and wild claims. Your words: "I keep thinking of this one certain voodoo doll in Florida who is claimed to be haunted and will put curses on people who disrespect it."

Number two, what Biblical evidence do have that an inanimate object can be possessed of evil? This is an occultist view!

https://www.gotquestions.org/demons-objects.html

And last, why would it take a priest to do this? You've been watching too many exorcist-influenced movies, as well as apparently bought into some major Catholic Church mumbo-jumbo!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:47 pm Kid, in the first place, you have bought into hearsay and wild claims. Your words: "I keep thinking of this one certain voodoo doll in Florida who is claimed to be haunted and will put curses on people who disrespect it."

Number two, what Biblical evidence do have that an inanimate object can be possessed of evil? This is an occultist view!

https://www.gotquestions.org/demons-objects.html

And last, why would it take a priest to do this? You've been watching too many exorcist-influenced movies, as well as apparently bought into some major Catholic Church mumbo-jumbo!
I have? I do apologize, I was ignorant.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Oh, and I have not been watching too many exorcist influenced movies. But I do like that page you linked.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm
Philip wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:02 pm First place, people need to know that evil entities have no power of their own. They only have restrained power provided by God who puts constraints and uses it for His purposes. WHAT :shock: people shriek - "are you tellin' me that it is GOD who gave evil its power? Of course! God knew before He created angels that He would provide Satan and his evil followers with power that He would limit and channel - God uses evil as a tool - NOT for the purposes those evil intend, but for the far greater and eternal good that God foreknows He's bringing about.

Or consider:

Exactly! Which is why I get angry over people profusely apologizing and giving so much credit to this voodoo spirit, when really they should be looking to GOD. They don't realize it, but it's powering the evil. Of course, some people don't report being affected and occasionally the doll is taken out for inspection etc.
I don't like the idea of going there to test the spirit or to mock it etc, but ultimately yes it's the good GOD that allows stuff. So that makes it more comforting.
VooDoo is evil. All cultures who practice it are rewarded with chaos, filth, and poverty. What I cannot understand, these people who give credit to and believe in the paranormal or supernatural; then don't turn to God. For example someone, lets say, an atheist, agnostic or just an "I don't know" teenager who uses a wee-gee board and makes legitimate contact with an entity and afterwards does not repent, turn to God, pray and worship God.

What I'm trying to say is... people see proof of the supernatural in occult. Any doubts or debate should be over at that point. Shouldn't an evil paranormal experience be enough to have an epiphany towards God ? As crazy as that sounds? Does anyone know what I'm trying to say?
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Talk about the occult, ghosts, paranormal experiences, wee-gee board experiences to some people and they perk up pay attention and get excited about the supernatural.

Then you talk about God, the fall of man, and John 3:16 - and suddenly they are not interested as much. It's been nice talking with you and have a nice day. Human behavior is a paradox.
Last edited by Blessed on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

People want to listen and talk freely if I tell them about my paranormal experiences. But if the conversation changes to the bible they don't feel like talking anymore. They have to go. :econfused:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Once a person is aware of God's strict warnings to avoid occultic or paranormal things, they should realize the dangers and deceptions that can easily suck a person in - certainly all Christians should know this! Fascination at such is merely the first thing deceived people are lured by.

BTW, Blessed, did you get that book?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Yes Blessed, as I have mentioned on here before, in different threads, I, along with others including my immediate family, have seen some paranormal stuff that I still can't explain. Really strange stuff some of it was.
But I see God using it as a wake up call to get me to go to God and to the bible. It works.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:52 pm Yes Blessed, as I have mentioned on here before, in different threads, I, along with others including my immediate family, have seen some paranormal stuff that I still can't explain. Really strange stuff some of it was.
But I see God using it as a wake up call to get me to go to God and to the bible. It works.
Then why doesn't it work with every other person who experienced it. Seems like common sense to me. You now have indisputable proof of life beyond death and in most cases proof or an inkling od forces of darkness. Once you have that proof you know the force of evil exists therefore the force of good exists. At that point it becomes a fork in the road.

Had a friend who did wee-gee when he was a teen, had something bad happen had direct contact with something "bad", then insisted God doesn't exist and he is an atheist. Makes sense right?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Blessed wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:13 pm
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:52 pm Yes Blessed, as I have mentioned on here before, in different threads, I, along with others including my immediate family, have seen some paranormal stuff that I still can't explain. Really strange stuff some of it was.
Then why doesn't it work with every other person who experienced it. Seems like common sense to me. You now have indisputable proof of life beyond death and in most cases proof or an inkling od forces of darkness. Once you have that proof you know the force of evil exists therefore the force of good exists. At that point it becomes a fork in the road.

Had a friend who did wee-gee when he was a teen, had something bad happen had direct contact with something "bad", then insisted God doesn't exist and he is an atheist. Makes sense right?
I can't say. I'm just giving what I know.