Poll: Chelsea Manning coming down under + all the Hoopla !

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)

Chelsea Manning - what would you have done in His/Her shoes ?

I would have done nothing, kept my USB port and mouth shut
No votes
I would have resigned and got a less stressful job that involves no killing
No votes
I would have done the same thing
No votes
I would have done it differently - just secretly released info that showed unlawful acts
No votes
I would have done it differently - gone to my superiors and filed a complaint
No votes
I would have done it differently - gone to the media and live TV
No votes
I would have done it differently - skipped the country first and released info
No votes
I would have done it differently - waited a few decades and then released the info
No votes
I would have done it differently - Other
No votes

Total votes: 0

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Poll: Chelsea Manning coming down under + all the Hoopla !

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

LittleHamster wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:05 pm
Philip wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:12 am Hammy, God's law ALWAYS trumps man's law. And God said we were created male and female - no matter how they might be legally viewed! Take marriage, for example - is it what God says it is or what the state says?
In this particular case, we have a person who is a female - psychologically that is (and knew so from childhood) but appears to be male physiologically. Does physiology always trump psychology ? Is this a case of a psychological disorder or a physiological disorder ?

Judge......"Will the real Gender please stand !"
A tomboy? There's nothing sinful in that in itself.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Hammy: Does physiology always trump psychology ? Is this a case of a psychological disorder or a physiological disorder ?
God says so! He said He created them male and female. As He's said two of the same sex sexually lying together is a terrible thing, you think He would approve of one actually wanting to become the opposite sex? A transitioned man (to a woman) having sex with a man, in God's eyes, is a homosexual union. Snipping stuff off and installing rubber parts does not make one the sex opposite the one they were born! God doesn't mention those very rare cases of one having physical characteristics of both sexes. If the physical aspect is normal and obvious, and yet a person believes they were born in the wrong body, then the problem is in their head! Why would anyone assume the problem was that "nature" made a mistake, gave them the wrong mind/body combo? We see all manner of psychiatric problems - and this is obviously one. It's one thing (though sinful) to prefer to be a different sex than what God gave you - but it's a far different matter to assert there has been some kind of cosmic, physical mistake!
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Philip wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm
Hammy: Does physiology always trump psychology ? Is this a case of a psychological disorder or a physiological disorder ?
God says so! He said He created them male and female. As He's said two of the same sex sexually lying together is a terrible thing, you think He would approve of one actually wanting to become the opposite sex? A transitioned man (to a woman) having sex with a man, in God's eyes, is a homosexual union. Snipping stuff off and installing rubber parts does not make one the sex opposite the one they were born! God doesn't mention those very rare cases of one having physical characteristics of both sexes. If the physical aspect is normal and obvious, and yet a person believes they were born in the wrong body, then the problem is in their head! Why would anyone assume the problem was that "nature" made a mistake, gave them the wrong mind/body combo? We see all manner of psychiatric problems - and this is obviously one. It's one thing (though sinful) to prefer to be a different sex than what God gave you - but it's a far different matter to assert there has been some kind of cosmic, physical mistake!

Another issue worth addressing is the example of a gay person that puts their faith in Christ, get's saved and continues to be gay. There have been one or two examples (mentioned on the internet) of gay people coming to Christ, being saved and becoming 'straight' either immediately or after a period of time. Does it really matter if one who is gay, is then saved and continues as a gay person? Surely not ?
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

'A convicted terrorist and a convicted spy' walk into the Opera House... and get a standing ovation"

But through a video screen y:-?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 501ak.html
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times