The Pope is Accused

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Pope is Accused

Post by Philip »

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: The Pope is Accused

Post by RickD »

Keep quiet, and it will alllll go away.

y:-$
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

A cover up in the church ? Apathy ? Failure to act on accusations ? I'm Shocked !!!

The solution is simple enough. Getting is started is hard. Appointing a commissioner within the Vatican with the authority to summon, question, excommunicate and jail people (even for refusing to answer questions) is the way to go. The terms and references should be similar to that of a Royal Commission or Senate Inquiry. Weed out the pedo's !

I wonder if the Pope would agree to something like that ? Maybe he's too busy going around waving his hand among the faithful crowds to notice any abuse victims committing suicide. Maybe he's just too caught up in the system and it's too difficult for him to ruffle a few feathers, ask questions, force some kind of investigation.

Rather Sad.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, the Pope and all churchmen are nonetheless under Italian law. However, Catholicism is so intertwined in Italian society that the politics of jailing key leaders of the CC - or perhaps even the pope - means it's never a certainty whenever one of them is charged. The Pope must decide whether He wants himself and fellow CC members to stand guiltless before God and to subject them all to the laws of the land, or whether his way of dealing with it is to continue ignoring and covering up the filth and crimes.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Does not surprise my wife who is ex-R.C. There appears to be a unspoken knowledge for many in the Roman Catholic tradition that there is a propensity for the priest to be that way and/or homosexual. What do you expect when the anceint mystry religions used enuch and transgenders in their temples to worship of Inanna and Tammuz. It would do folks good to study who these were and what the verse below is speaking about....

Eze 8:14, So He brought me to the door of the north gate of the LORD's house; and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz.15 Then He said to me, "Have you seen this, O son of man? Turn again, you will see greater abominations than these." NKJV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

The mandate of priestly celibacy also drives these terrible crimes against the helpless and trusting. Men were created as sexual beings. And for those who have a physical desire to express that, God gave us marriage as a honorable and joyous outlet for our God-given drive. But deprive a person of that God-ordained outlet - really bad stuff happens. Not to mention, the CC asserts that the first Pope was the Apostle Peter - ah, but wasn't Pete MARRIED??? If one studies the events surrounding the declaration of celibacy for priests, they will see the reasons for it were not in the least spiritually motivated!
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:45 am The mandate of priestly celibacy also drives these terrible crimes against the helpless and trusting. Men were created as sexual beings. And for those who have a physical desire to express that, God gave us marriage as a honorable and joyous outlet for our God-given drive. But deprive a person of that God-ordained outlet - really bad stuff happens. Not to mention, the CC asserts that the first Pope was the Apostle Peter - ah, but wasn't Pete MARRIED??? If one studies the events surrounding the declaration of celibacy for priests, they will see the reasons for it were not in the least spiritually motivated!
Rubbish. Just because you lack a partner to have sex with doesn't turn you into a paedophile.

Of course it is challenging and I think it is just outright wrong that priests cannot marry, but surely you would seek the company of woman and not children or turn to other men. I think it's a combination of their lusts getting the better of them and that paedophiles are drawn to the priesthood as they see it as having easy access to young vulnerable children.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: "Rubbish. Just because you lack a partner to have sex with doesn't turn you into a paedophile."
Not necessarily it wouldn't. But it certainly must be a major factor! Just look at the percentages, as priests make up a very tiny segment of society, and yet with such unreal statistics of doing this. They are seen as authority figures, they've gained the trust of young people or the emotionally and/or physically vulnerable, they have sexual motive and opportunity.