Has the Right Moved Too Far Right...?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Has the Right Moved Too Far Right...?

Post by Kurieuo »

It is the right moving more right, right? And not many on the left moving more left... y:-?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cbmB_KZPs

The same group Shaprio is talking about, apparently said "vagina" should be referred to as something genderless like "front hole". Seriously, some people are losing the plot, and it sure as heck isn't due to the right turning into nazis.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Has the Right Moved Too Far Right...?

Post by Stu »

I literally laughed out loud when I heard this. Liberals destroying the world one idiotic decision at a time.

Infowars take (including video) on this: INSANE: SJWS WANT TO CHANGE ‘VAGINA’ TO ‘FRONT HOLE’
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 amThe same group Shaprio is talking about, apparently said "vagina" should be referred to as something genderless like "front hole". Seriously, some people are losing the plot, and it sure as heck isn't due to the right turning into nazis.
Got it. So these folks made some stupid comment that no serious people were going to care about, and then Ben Shapiro saved their comment from obscurity so he could use it to attack "the left" as a whole, as if we collectively came up with the plan to stop saying vagina and none of us think it's stupid. Because that's an honest and sincere way to discuss social and political issues that concern us all. Great job, Ben.

Meantime, the right, which in the current US mostly means Trump supporters, still love their President despite the fact that his administration is the most corrupt in recent memory, he himself is a cesspool in the rough shape of a human, and he hasn't come close on the majority of his campaign promises despite inheriting a great economy and GOP majorities in Congress.

You'd think that at the very least all Christians - even those who support his overall agenda - would be loud in their condemnation of his constant lies, affairs, multiple marriages, and allegations of sexual misconduct. Yet, shockingly, nobody on the right seems to mind any of that. The Moral Majority? Trump! Trump! Trump! The social conservatives who were horrified by Clinton's escapades? What? It's different this time. All those hand-wringing pearl-clutchers worried about the state of ethics and morality in our once great nation? But what about her emails...???

So really, K, who's really lost the plot? The lefties because you think we all support everything you hear from our crazy uncles and self-righteous kids, or the right since they completely abandoned the core principles of the American conservative movement and of Christianity and replaced them with tribalism and political pragmatism?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 pm
Kurieuo wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 amThe same group Shaprio is talking about, apparently said "vagina" should be referred to as something genderless like "front hole". Seriously, some people are losing the plot, and it sure as heck isn't due to the right turning into nazis.
Got it. So these folks made some stupid comment that no serious people were going to care about, and then Ben Shapiro saved their comment from obscurity so he could use it to attack "the left" as a whole, as if we collectively came up with the plan to stop saying vagina and none of us think it's stupid. Because that's an honest and sincere way to discuss social and political issues that concern us all. Great job, Ben.

Meantime, the right, which in the current US mostly means Trump supporters, still love their President despite the fact that his administration is the most corrupt in recent memory, he himself is a cesspool in the rough shape of a human, and he hasn't come close on the majority of his campaign promises despite inheriting a great economy and GOP majorities in Congress.

You'd think that at the very least all Christians - even those who support his overall agenda - would be loud in their condemnation of his constant lies, affairs, multiple marriages, and allegations of sexual misconduct. Yet, shockingly, nobody on the right seems to mind any of that. The Moral Majority? Trump! Trump! Trump! The social conservatives who were horrified by Clinton's escapades? What? It's different this time. All those hand-wringing pearl-clutchers worried about the state of ethics and morality in our once great nation? But what about her emails...???

So really, K, who's really lost the plot? The lefties because you think we all support everything you hear from our crazy uncles and self-righteous kids, or the right since they completely abandoned the core principles of the American conservative movement and of Christianity and replaced them with tribalism and political pragmatism?
I think you have your head firmly planted in the sand. And pretty deep at that.

Some universities and schools are going to stop using the term 'mother' and 'father' because it might offend some people.

And the list of complete and utter idiotic things liberals are trying to change is long and I don't have the time to list them all as you will no doubt have an excuse for every single one of them. Wise up, your side has lost the plot.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

There really isn't much difference between the extreme, divisive and stupid actions and words coming from BOTH the extreme right and the extreme left. And neat categories are perfect for our mostly brain-dead media, as there are distinguishing and important nuances between people that lean more conservative or liberal. There is both good and bad coming from across the political spectrum, with the extremes of both ruining society. When these issues are being discussed, using specifics and clear examples are often ignored for generalizations or attempts to neatly sort people into camps with hard boundaries - which is both unhelpful and divisive. Again, demonizing people is too easy and is frequently harmful to productive dialogue, progress and relationships. Intelligence needs to rise above the mentality displayed upon most news show debates calculated and setup to produce emotion-driven screamfests in which we're all being manipulated and played to despise those we disagree with. This is neither smart politics or leadership! If all one is doing is playing and preaching to our own choir, what have we really accomplished?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

What a sad state of affairs when Donald Trump can be viewed as a "moral figure head".
We can all thank that stupid extreme radicalized left for that precious nugget !
Now, where is my vagina hat ?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

The extreme left and the extreme right are both hyper-reactive to each other, pushing each side to further extremes, anger and hatred! The result is, they are very nearly the same, except in their general semantics and how they self-identify in relation to each other. The are not camps of reasonable people - as their anger and hatred of each other clouds their thinking further. What is sad is that people that lean more liberal and those that lean more conservative often fail to equally criticize BOTH extreme and hate-mongering camps and attitudes. Of course, this is how humanity has always mostly been. But the big difference is that we now have a gazillion channels, websites, shows, and whatever social media 24/7 whipping people into a frothing frenzy. This is what produced the horrific choice between Trump and Hillary - as both are showmen playing to the polls, the twitterverse, and whatever else they think will make them popular. Being ignored or falling out of public interest would likely kill either of them.

Of course, I still see many of Trump's policies and picks as far better, but still, to end up with someone with the often-outrageous sensibilities of Trump as the better pick - really, is this the best the Republicans' can produce? His personality, grandstanding and love of adulation and publicity and running his presidency like it's a gameshow have produced the current legal circus we're all so sick of. He's so long been all about image and who is pretty or popular that he initially brought such a ridiculous cast of amateurs around him. He fails to learn because of his arrogance and ego. He's long surrounded himself with only "yes" men. So, really, there is much about him PERSONALLY that millions of Republicans also can't stand - but what real choice did they have?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

There's no need to become a little frazzled, unless you actually agree with GLSEN's LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide that Healthline released. It ain't just "some folks", but it is stupid don't you think? Use "front hole" instead of "vagina" or else what -- we'll be brands a far-right extremist Christian transphobic moralist or something?

I really don't know why you always associate yourself with the left, because when push comes to shove, I notice you seem to pull back a little. It seems to me, you're not THAT far left, am I right? (pun actually not intended) In which case, I'm hoping you see there are some utter nutty "leftists" out there who'd think themselves "progressive", but they ain't.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

It should be pointed out that, not too long ago, the people saying that we should list our genders NOT by what biology says but by what people THINK they are ( including stuff like binary, two-spirit, etc), where viewed as "extremists" and that no one will take them seriously so that people opposing them were just "over-reacting" and yet, here we are.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

PaulSacramento wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:52 am It should be pointed out that, not too long ago, the people saying that we should list our genders NOT by what biology says but by what people THINK they are ( including stuff like binary, two-spirit, etc), where viewed as "extremists" and that no one will take them seriously so that people opposing them were just "over-reacting" and yet, here we are.
Yes indeed, it has been a slippery slope, and look how far we have slid...
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:46 am

There's no need to become a little frazzled, unless you actually agree with GLSEN's LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide that Healthline released. It ain't just "some folks", but it is stupid don't you think? Use "front hole" instead of "vagina" or else what -- we'll be brands a far-right extremist Christian transphobic moralist or something?

I really don't know why you always associate yourself with the left, because when push comes to shove, I notice you seem to pull back a little. It seems to me, you're not THAT far left, am I right? (pun actually not intended) In which case, I'm hoping you see there are some utter nutty "leftists" out there who'd think themselves "progressive", but they ain't.

And if Ed doesn't think the far left doesn't have a well organized, well funded radical agenda he hasn't been keeping up (or chooses not to). You don't have to go far enough from the U.S., just in our northern border in Canada where not so long ago they passed what is known as bill C16. On the surface it looks innocuous enough, just a harmless anti-discrimination bill, until, that is, one gets into the not so harmless details. It is the first time ever, EVER, in modern western culture that the government actually compels, yes COMPELS, certain speech. With the passage of the bill it became ILLEGAL to call people by other than their preference of their gender pronouns. The latest unofficial list of recognized gender pronouns on Facebook is over 30 different ones including the use of 'their' for gender neutral.

This leftist ideological radicalization started long ago in American universities and now it is becoming law, at least in Canada. How long it will take to reach the US and most other western cultures no one knows. But my guess would be soon.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

What is ironic, is that "left" classically advocates libertarian values. That, I can agree with to a great extent. Whether or not "left" and "right" are great terms - yes, I hate boxes too - it seems moving too far left or too far right, that both become authoritarian in nature. That is, infringe upon freedom of expression, the individual, particular groups and the like.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:08 pm What is ironic, is that "left" classically advocates libertarian values. That, I can agree with to a great extent. Whether or not "left" and "right" are great terms - yes, I hate boxes too - it seems moving too far left or too far right, that both become authoritarian in nature. That is, infringe upon freedom of expression, the individual, particular groups and the like.
What?! Can you give me an example of this.

I consider myself to be a libertarian and the left is nothing like that (even, from what I understand, in the near past).
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Stu wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:16 am
Kurieuo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:08 pm What is ironic, is that "left" classically advocates libertarian values. That, I can agree with to a great extent. Whether or not "left" and "right" are great terms - yes, I hate boxes too - it seems moving too far left or too far right, that both become authoritarian in nature. That is, infringe upon freedom of expression, the individual, particular groups and the like.
What?! Can you give me an example of this.

I consider myself to be a libertarian and the left is nothing like that (even, from what I understand, in the near past).
Really? Why are "left" and "liberal" often used interchangably? If we follow common definitions, we see that "liberal values" are generally equated with equality and liberty i.e., do as one pleases. Yet, the interesting dynamic as conservatives normally point out, is that while doing as one pleases if quite freeing, one must also behave responsibly or others will get hurt and you'll even hurt yourself.

That said, there is a more "classical" Liberal (as say your Dave Rubin would define himself). He believes the "left" has walked straight past what it was (Liberalism) into extremes (Ed as I understand him would debate this point). Dave's left/liberalism, is perhaps a more moderate liberalism, more balanced imo, and it seeks no to minimal government involvement in personal affairs, and tolerance for all positions.

Yet, tolerance today is seen by many as not good enough and still hateful. What we should aim for is "accepting" and not toleration. Then what happens when two views clash? One view must be forced into submission since both can't be tolerated. So then, what initially starts off a well-intentioned and good, even praise-worthy, can quickly become authoritarian.